Options

The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Really, really good. Highly recommend it. Vision of Division and Killing Lies are the best tracks. Killing Lies reminds me of In My Tree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I love the first track You Only Live Once..i will like more..gotta listen to it properly but so far so good :)
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    How does it compare to their earlier albums? Do they try anything new? I liked their previous albums when they came out, but they got repetetive and boring fast, IMO. Wondering if this one is worth picking up.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I downloaded it from one of their blogs a week or so ago. GREAT album! I'm lovin it! It really is getting better and better with each listen too. In true Strokes fashion...super catchy, rockin and fun. :D I can't wait to see them live in the insanely amazing musical year that is '06.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    I downloaded it from one of their blogs a week or so ago. GREAT album! I'm lovin it! It really is getting better and better with each listen too. In true Strokes fashion...super catchy, rockin and fun. :D I can't wait to see them live in the insanely amazing musical year that is '06.
    vedhead, you seem like a great guy, but is there anything you dont like? geez, everything is great with you
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,697
    vedhead, you seem like a great guy...

HAHAHAHA...IF U ONLY KNEW! GREAT INDEED...AND AN EASY "GUY" ON THE EYES TOO. :)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    great album. i loved!
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    vedhead, you seem like a great guy, but is there anything you dont like? geez, everything is great with you

HA! Well hey, I actually ONLY respond to threads involving things that I like or love so that's that..... :p

And PJammin'??! I just don't even know what to say about all that. :eek:

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Igottago wrote:
    How does it compare to their earlier albums? Do they try anything new? I liked their previous albums when they came out, but they got repetetive and boring fast, IMO. Wondering if this one is worth picking up.

I'd say it's a lot more rock n' roll than there other albums. It's definitely a change in direction for them (but a change for the better imo) The only problem with this album is that I seriously don't see an album topping this album this year (although it's probably to early to say that) but it really is a great album. It's definitely got the strokes feel to it though
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    It fucking rocks. Is This It is still their very best though.
  • Options
    I'd say it's a lot more rock n' roll than there other albums. It's definitely a change in direction for them (but a change for the better imo) The only problem with this album is that I seriously don't see an album topping this album this year (although it's probably to early to say that) but it really is a great album. It's definitely got the strokes feel to it though
    its january 3rd..

and..

pearl jam, red hot chili peppers, Radiohead... those 3 alone will blow the strokes away..

its definetly too early to say that..

i'm really excited about the strokes though.. i want it. (i have the other 2 and love them) :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    its january 3rd..

and..

pearl jam, red hot chili peppers, Radiohead... those 3 alone will blow the strokes away..

its definetly too early to say that..

Pearl Jam - Possibly
    RHCP - NO
    Radiohead - NO
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i dug the strokes... but somewhere after i listened to ther 2nd album a 3rd time i realized every song they ever wrote sounded exactly the same. and i just stopped caring about them.
  • Options
    I love the first track You Only Live Once..i will like more..gotta listen to it properly but so far so good :)

yeah that track is great; the whole album seems to be much more mature both musically and lyrically than the first two. The strokes seem to be becoming better and better.
    I attack with love, pure bug beauty, curl my lips and crawl up to you.
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    Heart in a Cage is awesome...
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    "cold, you're so cold, you're so cold, you're so cooooooooooooooooooooooollldddddd!!!!!!!!!"

can't get that shit outta my head!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    Does anyone else think "Razor Blade" is the best song on the album?

I love the part after the first chorus where he says "Well there you go" I laugh everytime it gets to that part
  • Options
    OH Razor Blade is defintiely one that's standing out a lot to me... as well as Fear of Sleep! Hard to pick a fav at this point. I do find myself SUPER hooked on Evening Sun and 15 minutes. How about the tripped out Ask Me Anything? Very different and tripped out Beatlesesque. Goood times these times! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Hell Yeah. Nice to see other fans of these guys. This record is very good. I'm gonna go listen to it again actually. Razorblade so far is one of my favorites. And the rocking ass one, #3 or #4 maybe, "I don't feel bad when I'm, fuckin' around." That one. Anyone want to join me I'll be over here. Not there, there. Not there, there. There. HA-HA,...there.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    *waves to Dick Jones* :) I agree, it is nice to see love for these guys. :D Oh, you're talking about Heart in a Cage. That one is awesome as hell too! There's just so much goodness going on here. And I must agree with you StuffnJunk...that song is SOOOOOOOOO catchy! Shit!! That bass!?:eek: Uh! "why wooon't you come over HERE-AH!" Julian's voice rocks serious ass! Hooked at first listen. It definitely refuses to get outta my head...and that's a ok by me. :D

Yep...the HUGE music year of '06 is appropriately kickin off with a big ass bang.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    Pearl Jam - Possibly
    RHCP - NO
    Radiohead - NO

radiohead no?..wrong wrong wrong
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • Options
    I still say Vision of Division and Killing Time are the best.

One reason why the album is better than their older ones...the drummer finally relized he has toms on his drum set.
  • Options
    After listening to it last night again. (see above) This record is really, really, good. *waves back* to vedhead. you have great taste in music. I can tell ;). I'm going to pick up the vinyl soon!
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?