Options

neil young question

cartoonnightmarecartoonnightmare Posts: 52
edited December 2005 in Other Music
hi. does anyone have neil's latest album..Prarie Wind? if so..is it good? what type of music of his from the past is it most like? is it good? acoustic/electric?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    hi. does anyone have neil's latest album..Prarie Wind? if so..is it good? what type of music of his from the past is it most like? is it good? acoustic/electric?
    dont know anything about it but on a side note he'll be on snl on dec 17, so you can check him out there( probably playing one of his new songs)
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    It's slower.. more suited to his older folky stuff.. like Harvest.

i don't have it yet (i've heard a bit of it) but the opinions i've heard are unanimously "terrific".. "amazing".. "10/10"... etc.

:)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    It's slower.. more suited to his older folky stuff.. like Harvest.

i don't have it yet (i've heard a bit of it) but the opinions i've heard are unanimously "terrific".. "amazing".. "10/10"... etc.

:)

good, ill get it then ..

thanks for replying
  • Options
    it's absolutely classic neil. fantastic! it does kind of remind me of an "updated" harvest. it's more than solid cover to cover. i've yet to hear anyone say they were disappointed by it.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    very melodic record
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    It is good. I am a really big neil fan so I don't say this easily, but it is not as good to me as everyone else seems to make it out to be. I think it has some great songs and some good songs. It is in the same ilk as Harvest. Other compareable albums are harvest moon and particularly silver and gold because both albums seem to be quite reflective in their contents.

I love the painter, no wonder, and when god made me. To me those songs carrry the album they are top notch neil songs. The other songs are good but I would not name this album a classic neil album as some have. or give it a 10/10.

By all means don't let my review stop you from getting it though. Perhaps my expectations are set too high and as i mentioned it has some top notch songs on it that are some of the best neil has done.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    im a big neil fan and i was slightly diss-appointed in it. like intodeep says it does have some amazing songs on but its not classic neil. for anyone into neil young id say its worth buying but to get into him get the older stuff and then you'll get it............
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    Neil's on snl dec 17, thats cool I'll have to tape it. I wonder is he's gonna tour to support the album, I haven't heard anything announced yet.

P.S. anyone know any good sites for Neil news, I know a few of his fan sites but they don't seem to be updated very often
    05/02/03 Buffalo, 06/28/03 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto, 05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto
    Keep On Rockin In The Free World
    http://spaces.msn.com/brileys
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Prairie Wind = OUTSTANDING

Get it now.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Neil's on snl dec 17, thats cool I'll have to tape it. I wonder is he's gonna tour to support the album, I haven't heard anything announced yet.

P.S. anyone know any good sites for Neil news, I know a few of his fan sites but they don't seem to be updated very often

It seems there will be no tour for this album. Possibly becasue it was recorded with a studio band, but it seems neil could do most of the songs himself if he wanted to. No info yet. Maybe he will surprise us and tour next spring when it warms up.

I would love to see neil again, but I also hope that he takes some time and actually completes Archives Vol 1 I want that sometime in 06 like it has been forcasted.

As for sites hyperrust does not seem to update as often as i would like, but it is the best i know of.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    After a bit of searching I came across this fan site it looks to be updates very frequently. Scroll down and you'll even see a few concert posters from when Neil played with Ed and the gang.

http://www.thrasherswheat.org/wheatfield.html

http://www.thrasherswheat.org/jammin/pj.htm
    05/02/03 Buffalo, 06/28/03 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto, 05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto
    Keep On Rockin In The Free World
    http://spaces.msn.com/brileys