Options

john mayer trio

edited December 2005 in Other Music
seriously check these guys out. its all jazz/blues and rock. its nothing like the john mayer that most of you know. one of my new favorite bands
i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I know, I saw the trio on Conan (i think, maybe it was a defferent late night show) but anyways, yeah, he was great. So I checked out the album and thouroughly enjoyed it. Nothing like his solo work (of course the only songs I've ever heard him do solo were the singles he released, but all of those were horrible)
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    great album - one of my faves for the year
  • Options
    I know, I saw the trio on Conan (i think, maybe it was a defferent late night show) but anyways, yeah, he was great. So I checked out the album and thouroughly enjoyed it. Nothing like his solo work (of course the only songs I've ever heard him do solo were the singles he released, but all of those were horrible)

ya some of his previous work was like that but he only released the pop stuff. and when he was live he would always do lots of jazzy stuff.

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

• Options
    john mayer kicks ass.

i'm not kidding. he does.

*tips hat*
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    yeah it's a good album. saw them up in boston. john is a great guitar player. and it doesn't hurt to have two of the best all time players on their intruments like pino palladino and steve jordan.

-brent
    www.brentplaysdrums.com
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i dig oscar mayer........
  • Options
    neoneo Posts: 89
    brain of c wrote:
    i dig oscar mayer........

that is what i really want to be
  • Options

yeah i seen him on conan too... man that show is wicked
    jake shimabukuro was on it to.... man he is crazy
    ...And Leave You Be If You Cross Me And Shake Your Hand Like A Man Not A God!!!
  • Options
    Tnerb248 wrote:
    and it doesn't hurt to have two of the best all time players on their intruments like pino palladino and steve jordan.

-brent

ya no shit. i love the drums in who did you think i was. and i love steves double set thing he's got going.

• Options
    VictoryGinVictoryGin Posts: 1,218
    Oh man, I can't stand one John Mayer, let alone three of them.
    if you wanna be a friend of mine
    cross the river to the eastside
  • Options
    VictoryGin wrote:
    Oh man, I can't stand one John Mayer, let alone three of them.
    trust me, you have no idea what kind of music he's making now.

its pure blues.

ROCK music.

take all that other, 'body is a wonderland' shit and burn it. it no longer exists.

seriously, give the trio a look... even if you don't like it you'll be surprised at how different it is... like... polar opposite of his other work.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"