Jack Johnson

Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Anyone know anythin about this guy, or can you recommend any of his albums? A chick I'm into is a big fan, so was thinking of picking up a couple of Cd's and was wondering where to start
"...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,741
    Just get Brushfire fairy tales. After that he just kept on releasing the same album over and over again
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • edved82 wrote:
    Anyone know anythin about this guy, or can you recommend any of his albums? A chick I'm into is a big fan, so was thinking of picking up a couple of Cd's and was wondering where to start

all three are awesome...good musician...mellow tunes. goos make out cd's.
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I hate Jack Johnson...did you see the game last night?...with a few seconds left in the game he elbowed Downey right in the face...talk about a classy player

oh if you're speaking of JJ the musician, yes he's cool ; )
  • his new album is really good. thats the one i suggest.
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    his new album is really good. thats the one i suggest.

I totally agree
  • Why not just ask this chick you're into if you can listen to some of her albums to see what you like
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • VONVON Posts: 259
    I like on and on.
    In between dreams is great too.
    I suggest either.
  • Just get Brushfire fairy tales. After that he just kept on releasing the same album over and over again

Brushfire Fairytales...(one word), is not the same as On and On. These albums are totally different, just because someone has a certain sound doesn't mean they release the same album over and over.

I would buy Brushfire Fairytales as well though, then On and On, then In Between Dreams (good album but his weakest of the 3 IMO)

Or even check out his new DVD, Weekend At The Greek, to get a little taste of everything.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,741
    Brushfire Fairytales...(one word), is not the same as On and On. These albums are totally different, just because someone has a certain sound doesn't mean they release the same album over and over.

sure it does, to have your own personal style and to let your style shed through on different sounding album to different sounding album is good.

But to have a certain sound of every single album you release (AKA soft voice- mid tempo acoustic songs - coffee shop rock - repetative/redundant rhythm section) then thats just plain-out boring.

the way an album represents itself through the artist's style is different then the way an album represents itself through the album's sound.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Try to get Brushfire Fairytales, it is, in my opinion, his best album, plus Sexi Plexi is just awesome.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    thanks very much! I'll check out a few of the albums mentioned and let you know how it goes! :)
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."