Options

David Gilmour- On An Island

AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has more than one reason to celebrate on his 60th birthday next year - March 6th 2006 sees the long-awaited release of his new solo album "On An Island".

Released on EMI Records, the album is the first solo release from David since 1984's "About Face". Following the release of "On An Island", David will embark on a European and American tour during the months of March, April and May 2006 - and we should have details of these dates soon.

"On An Island" is produced by David, along with Chris Thomas and Phil Manzanera. Orchestrations are by the renowned composer Zbigniew Preisner and were recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.

The title track teams Gilmour with David Crosby and Graham Nash - three of the greatest voices in contemporary music. Richard Wright, Robert Wyatt, Jools Holland, and Guy Pratt also feature on the album.

We will bring you more information as it becomes available - including tour dates and ticketing details. All information will be on the site - please don't email us to ask!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    AndySlash wrote:
    Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour has more than one reason to celebrate on his 60th birthday next year - March 6th 2006 sees the long-awaited release of his new solo album "On An Island".

Released on EMI Records, the album is the first solo release from David since 1984's "About Face". Following the release of "On An Island", David will embark on a European and American tour during the months of March, April and May 2006 - and we should have details of these dates soon.

"On An Island" is produced by David, along with Chris Thomas and Phil Manzanera. Orchestrations are by the renowned composer Zbigniew Preisner and were recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London.

The title track teams Gilmour with David Crosby and Graham Nash - three of the greatest voices in contemporary music. Richard Wright, Robert Wyatt, Jools Holland, and Guy Pratt also feature on the album.

We will bring you more information as it becomes available - including tour dates and ticketing details. All information will be on the site - please don't email us to ask!

hey!!...great news...i was just listening to Floyd right now!
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    ooo yeah!!

Heck, if Pink Floyd doesn't get back together, I'll be fine w/just David or Roger doing Pink floyd songs:)

And WOW!! has it really been THAT long since david released a solo album?! Crazy!! :eek:
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    ooo yeah!!

Heck, if Pink Floyd doesn't get back together, I'll be fine w/just David or Roger doing Pink floyd songs:)

And WOW!! has it really been THAT long since david released a solo album?! Crazy!! :eek:

did you see them live during their last tour ? I hope for you..

I would bet on the negative version, we had a gift in london during the live8 event.. last chance, last time.. It's already official in my head, the band finished their last set, have a good night.

(:

I wasnt their in '94, but sometimes I don't care.. Pink Floyd without Waters is not the same band. I don't listen to those albums, but I respect the songs. But Waters was the one who thought the most, and he created Animals. Hail to Water!

But I'd still present my ass to any concerts from a Pink Floyd's member or as a whole band.....

.... Only to see them play water's songs.. (joke!)
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    Glad to hear Rick is on the album. I've been watching Gilmours DVD lately, I think its cool he is keeping Syds legacy real by focusing on his music. I've also been reading about Gilmours recording anecdotes w Syd when he produced him. BArret is one of the greatest Floyd associated record ever in my opinion, esp. since Rick and Dave play on it quite a bit.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Awesome, could it be that we'll bee both Roger and Dave tour separetly next year in North America?