Options

Why No Nirvana in Singles

PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
edited December 2005 in Other Music
I was looking at the Soundtrack the other day and thought about this.

There is a who's who of great bands from the early 90's on that soundtrack, yet Nirvana is missing.

I think their music would have fit in with the plot of the film...maybe they didn't want their music used.

PBM
"We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    there were probably label issues etc.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    I figured Nirvana didn't do it because they didn't want to be labled with all the other bands on there at the time. We all know how Kurt felt about Eddie and PJ at one point in his life...
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Apparently they tried getting Nirvana on it, but they couldn't get it figured out with their label at the time and they wanted to get the soundtrack out, so Nirvana lost out. Sounds like it was nothing personal.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Code13Code13 Posts: 17
    I read somewhere Nirvana declined to be a part of the movie.
  • Options
    Cobain, like everyone else, thought he was better than everyone at what he did so he didn't do it. That's what I get out of it.