Options

Sigur Rós Webcast

Jeff BebeJeff Bebe Posts: 22
edited November 2005 in Other Music
For those of you who are interested, here you can watch Sigur Rós live: http://sigur-ros.co.uk//tour/2005/20051127.php

Recorded at Sigur Rós' homeground Iceland last sunday, November 27th. I highly recommend watching this webcast.
It's okay! I'm easy to forget! I'm only the fucking lead singer! - Jeff Bebe, Almost Famous
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thanks a lot
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Thank you!!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    thanks a lot...this was amazing...it makes me really sad that I missed them live this year
  • Options
    cheers!
    i've seen them twice before but couldn't go this tour...
    i think i'm going to watch this later before i go to bed... this band is such an extraordinary live experience...
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    best non-pj band I've seen this year!
    seriously, that concert touched me on so many levels.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    I'm listening to them right now and was wondering if they were known outside northern Europe. So I made a search and it looks like they pretty known and I'm glad. They're amazing!
    I've been so fortunate to see them once on the Roskilde Festival in 2003. I'll never forget it. It's one of those moments where you're just completely overwhelmed. For those who doesn't know, they played at the Green stage (now called Arena) which is a huge tent with room for 30.000. At this show there were 20.000 and we all sat down during most of the concert. I have never seen that before. It was incredible!
    I highly recommend everybody to check them out.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    its nice to web cast,but certainly not like seeing them live.
    caught them in vancouver. an outstanding show,the band with them called "anima" were pretty cool too.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    I thought that Anima was the string-quartet. Is it a band? Anima played with them at Roskilde 2003, but I couldn't see anybody other than the string-quartet and Sigur Rós.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    Amina is the string quartet, however they're also a band. They both opened and played with Sigur Rós this tour. And I think they just released their first EP.

You should also check out http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk and watch Sigur Rós new video for Hoppípolla.
    It's okay! I'm easy to forget! I'm only the fucking lead singer! - Jeff Bebe, Almost Famous
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    dane wrote:
    I thought that Anima was the string-quartet. Is it a band? Anima played with them at Roskilde 2003, but I couldn't see anybody other than the string-quartet and Sigur Rós.

they played all sorts of things. glasses of water,piano. yes but mainly
    strings.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd