David Gilmour anyone????????

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited December 2005 in Other Music
I am gettin tickets to his show in Chicago, on his short American tour, for his solo album. Anyone know what to expect. I count on a few Floyd hits, mixed with maybe a few more obscure, then quite a bit of his solo stuff. Has anyone seen him? Tryin to figure out what to expect. Also, is anyone else thinkin about goin. Tix just went on sale a few minutes ago.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Wow, have a great time. I wish he was coming to my area. I'd check that out for sure.

I was reading this article yesterday on Pollstar which should give you a little info about the show:
    http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=6533
    Gilmour To Hit The States
    Updated 11:46 PST Mon, Dec 19 2005
    David Gilmour has announced the North American leg of his upcoming tour, with 10 shows booked in support of his new solo disc, On An Island.
    Following March dates in the U.K. and Europe, the Pink Floyd singer/guitarist will land in New York City to kick off his Stateside run with two dates at Radio City Music Hall April 4-5.
    Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles will all get two dates each, with the L.A. shows split between the Kodak Theatre and Gibson Amphitheatre April 19-20.
    "I'm very much looking forward to this tour and makin gmusic with the great msuicians in the band," Gilmour said. "I've had a fantastic time making On An Island and really want to perform tracks from it, along with my more familiar repertoire.
    "I'm rather hoping that with this tour announcement people will believe me when I say, honestly, this is the only band I plan to tour with!"
    Pink Floyd made headlines in July when Roger Waters reunited with the band for the first time in nearly a quarter-century. The group's Live 8 performance was apparently a one-off reunion, notwithstanding ongoing rumors to the contrary.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • I haven't heard David Gilmor solo stuff, but i love his style, should be really good!
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Hes a great guitarist but what he did to Floyd post Waters is sacriligeous. I didnt know he had solo stuff...
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I have one of his live dvds (which is excellent). He does do some old Pink FLoyd. One of the best is this acoustic version of "shine on you crazy diamond." I dont think there's anything wrong with still doin some pinkfloyd stuff.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    I can't justify spending that kind of money to see Dave Gilmour, and he's my guitar hero. I'd pay $150 to see Floyd, but not Dave by himself...especially since he can't man up and get back with the only band worth being in if you're Dave Gilmour.