Options

Ani Difranco Thread #2 ????

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited December 2005 in Other Music
I would like to get into her (music) but i need a push in the right direction...

Can anyone tell me where to start??

CD's, specific songs, anything.

Thank you :)
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    you can get one of her official boots or one of her live collections (living in clip, so much shouting, so much laughter...) to see which songs you like and then get those albums.

also what album you get depends on what style you like...she has jazzy type stuff, stuff w/ horns in it, just her,just her and a bass player...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    As I said in the first thread, her newest dvd Trust is awesome and as far as albums I would go with Knuckle Down, Little Plastic Castles, Evolve and Puddle Dive are all very good. The dvd would give you your best start because it has so many songs from different albums on it.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    I would like to get into her (music) but i need a push in the right direction...

Can anyone tell me where to start??

CD's, specific songs, anything.

Thank you :)

i would go with knuckle down - that's where i started and i just took off from there.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    I would have to agree with the rest "living in clip" would have to be the best place to start after that you'll become addicted and want to see her live everywhere she plays (but you'll have to wait until she has recovered from tendonitis) but I must admit I was pretty disappointed with "Revelling and Reckoning" only becasue it was too mellow compared to her others.
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    but I must admit I was pretty disappointed with "Revelling and Reckoning" only becasue it was too mellow compared to her others.

I thought the same thing at first but now I can completely get lost in the depth and power of those two. They are good for when you need to do some much needed reflecting.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    You can listen to some of Knuckle Down here:

http://www.righteousbabe.com/ani/knuckledown/index.asp
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~