Options

After my 5th listen....

2»

Comments

• Options
    I usually don't take to a song 1st listen. This song grabbed me 1st time by the cajones. I agree that the studio sounded a little flat, but when the album comes out it is gonna kick ass and sound great live.

I cant wait to hear the rest of the album!!!

:D
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    I've listened to it again and it keeps growing on me, I think I really can see (hear) Brendan O'Brien's influence and how much different this song (and album) are going to be from the last three. Less guitars and more Jeff and Matt, I really liked Jeff and Matt's prominence in the song. The last couple of albums I though Mike, Ed and Stone combined riffing away on their guitars drowned out Matt and Jeff. I like the fact that it now appears that Mike and Stone are following Jeff and Matt, I think this is Brendan's influence and I like it.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    Does anyone know where you can download a mp3 of the song???
    Hey brother.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    there are two kinds of threads here today one for the cluless and one for the folks who get this band, this happens to be the thread for people who get it ;) it will rock big time live can't wait for the shows :) ...

hehehe....you got that right jose!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Does anyone know where you can download a mp3 of the song???

pearljamweb.blogspot.com has got the mp3, flac, and video
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I thought the song was terrific. It's definitely different than I've heard before which is really exciting. Congrats to the band!

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album now!
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    I have it saved on my DVR, I listened to it again (10th time?). I'm really liking it more every time I hear it, I think it will sound much better on the album or live. There was something amiss with the Tonight Show's equipment.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09