Options

Is this the first time ever...

Bearclaw53Bearclaw53 Dallas, TX Posts: 56
edited June 2009 in The Porch
that PJ will apparently be playing new songs live on television from an upcoming album before one single has been released? I remember seeing them play Grievance on Letterman before Binaural was released but seem to recall that NAIS had already been released at that time. Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I remember them playing "Not For You" on Saturday Night Live not too long after Vs. had been released.
  • Options
    JimMacLeodJimMacLeod Posts: 107
    Didn't they play Animal at the MTV music awards before Vs. came out?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    JimMacLeod wrote:
    Didn't they play Animal at the MTV music awards before Vs. came out?

yes
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Severed Hand on SNL in 2006
    be philanthropic
  • Options

Good thought but WW Suicide had already been released at that point and they played that too so a little different situation. I remember Animal now - duh. What an exciting 5 minutes I'll never forget! I remember being disappointed the first time I heard the studio version of Animal, which is markedly less intense than that live version with Neil Young!
  • Options
    Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
    Grievance... on Letterman? Wasn't that played right before Binaural was released???
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,117

And that was AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    1992 Mansfield, Ma Alive
  • Options
    Vedder1029 wrote:
    Grievance... on Letterman? Wasn't that played right before Binaural was released???

Yep, mentioned that in my initial post. But the NAIS single with Insignificance had already been released before Letterman. My question was about them playing new live songs before any singles had been released. Makes the excitement greater going into it cuz we have no clue what we're about to hear!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939

And that was AMAZING!!!!

ya man, that was a fun time....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18