Options

lays dormant------THEN ATTACKS!

Comments

• Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    RVM for me. I was at Hamilton '11 and it grabbed me and has never let go. Now I am overjoyed every single time I hear it, and I've been so lucky to hear it live a couple times now. :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    This just happened to me again recently with Strangest Tribe... Always loved it, such a mellow, haunting feel but lately it just hit me how beautiful it really is musically and lyrically. It is a real hidden masterpiece that needs to be heard more. Must have listened to it a dozen times today.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Inside Job for me recently.

I always liked it, but the other day.... yep....it bit my face off.
  • Options
    TJ25487 wrote:
    Parting Ways for me. I made a copy of the cd and changed the order around and added some songs and ended up running out of disc space so I left it off. Years later it is one of my favorites.

PARTING WAYS. I had never "heard" it until one day, passively listening, Mike's guitar struck the violin melody with the same invigorating blow it delivered the veins in my heart, or so it felt. And that voice, that VOICE that hovers ominously over a intense field of instrumentals: heavy electric guitar and drums against an elegant and sorrowful violin. And fuck, those drums are played beautifully. Ripped my heart out.
  • Options
    JossieJossie Posts: 505
    For me it was Fatal for sure, and Habbit. But the same it was with RVM, I don't like it most, but now it's one of my most favorit.
  • Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    There has been a few....but most notably Lukin.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I was taking a walk one day and listening to my ipod. Inside Job came on in a random shuffle. Before Eddie sang, i was like "what the heck is this?" I thought it was some strange but really pretty song so i kept listening without looking to see what it was.... then BAM.... "underneath this smile lies everything..." ... i was glued to every word. it hit me so hard i was literally walking down the street with tears streaming down my cheeks.
    i am sure i had heard this song before, as i owned the album, but it was like i hadn't. i don't remember listening to it once before that day.
    i played this song over and over and over AND OVER for months. still do sometimes.
    Hats off to Eddie and Mike for writing a song that spoke words by soul couldn't say.

Yes. Yes. YES!!! That song is a journey I love taking over and over again.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    actually the whole band was dormant in me till very recently/ Now I am under attack esp of ev
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    This thread should be under Porch.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    No this thread does not belong in the porch, it should go back to where it was---
    Music & Lyrics, specifically, "what do the songs mean to you"

the thread was in the right place for four years
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Throughout the years a new one thats laid dormant attacks. Recently it was I got shit. Cool thread idea- this happens to me a lot.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    This just happened to me with Severed Hand. I had never been very fond of it, but recently I heard a few live versions and now I like it a lot! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Gone has been said a lot but the demo version on the b-side 2005 holiday single is spellbinding, I spin that over and over again again and just STARE at the artwork
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    You Are.

Never liked it much on the record, then saw it live and it felt like I was transported to a completely different concert. Not in a bad way at all though. It's just so atmospheric in a way that PJ usually isn't. Hoping to hear it in Chicago.

Also, for those who've written about Gone for this one, do yourself a favor and check out the Borgata version of the song. First time it was ever played and miles better than the full band version.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Gone has been said a lot but the demo version on the b-side 2005 holiday single is spellbinding, I spin that over and over again again and just STARE at the artwork

Good call, but I still think Borgata all the way. Have you heard it? If you like the demo, you'll love this one. It's just Ed so it's essentially the same but with the energy of the crowd he takes it even further (like they do with all their songs). Great stuff.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I cannot describe the freak flag I just flew in my own living room while listening to this!

http://youtu.be/nvQMGlEK8-A

But I know all you freaks understand. :D
    Hope I'm sitting by some tolerant people at Wrigley!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    I like pearl jam
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Leash.

I mean it's not exactly a lost/rare track or anything like that but I found myself listening to it over and over lately. For that matter, rediscovering that utter masterpiece that Vs is.

I know for me, sometimes what happens is you get a little caught up in Lost Dogs/B-sides/XYZ cover, etc., and it can be mega refreshing to just blast good old fashioned in your face Pearl Jam from Ten and Vs.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Jeremy. A song I've listened to lots since Ten was released and although I've never disliked it I think the heavy rotation of the video got me pretty bored with it. When they played it in Belfast Jeff's bassline was like a kick to the stomach. The way the intro builds is stunning and the way the tempo changes and builds to it's climax before falling away at the end just displays the early creativity of the band perfectly. I really love the song now and it was great in Manchester last year too. They should throw it in the set more often and earlier too, maybe during the first 10 songs. Some great choices in this thread and I really like seeing a mention for plenty Riot Act songs. It took me a while to truly appreciate the album as a whole but I rank it third now behind Vitalogy and No Code.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Insignificance has hit me with a vengeance recently. After reading a post about it a few days ago I've had it on heavy rotation ever since.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Brother, with lyrics. It's become a favourite of mine. I guess it didn't take too long. I never paid much attention to the instrumental though. But after Ten redux came out, and especially after seeing them perform it live in Calgary in '09, I love it.

Why Go is another one. I used to think of it as more of a filler track between Alive and Black, but it stands on its own. I definitely have a higher opinion of it now. Another great live track, too.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Comatose. Waited politely in line and then unspiralled in time of severe need
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Brain of J
    Go
    Other Side
    Rival
    Habit
    You Are
    Rats
    All Those Yesterdays

All songs I liked, but for some reason at certain points it randomly just hit me how truly, truly amazing they are!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Light Years.
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    I always liked "Tremor Christ," and more recently, within the last few years, I've become a die hard Puscifer fan cause I like slow, dark jams.

Well, the "VS/Vitalogy" thing came out last year and reintroduced me to how powerfully dark "Tremor Christ" really is and I played the shit out of it, even made it my ringtone on my phone and plan on NEVER changing it!

Every time it rings I think to myself, "God, damnit thats sick!" and even let it play out. Its the first verse and the vocals are too good.

You didn't get my homeboi TC right away? You poor poor soul. Oh well better late than never :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Satan's Bed (pirate radio version)
    Just love the intensity of Eddie's voice!!
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    rollings wrote:
    I like pearl jam

This might be my favorite comment on this board ever.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    nupur1586nupur1586 Ewing, NJ Posts: 88
    Faithfull. didn't pay much attention to it earlier.. maybe cos Yield's full of epic tunes and this was just one among them.. the song's definitely grown on me now.. love the tune and the lyrics.
    Can I be here all alone? Clear a path to my home
  • Options
    In the Moonlight. HOLY SHIT. punched me in the ribs, and suddenly gorgeous.
  • Options
    Yes Way wrote:
    rollings wrote:
    I like pearl jam

This might be my favorite comment on this board ever.

that this thread made a rival warms my heart, and then this comment, thank you