Options

10c members - Nashville - June 17 EV Show

RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Anybody else going to be there?

Any plans to gather prior to the concert?
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Maybe something informal.. no official pre-party for that night.
    I'm just getting into town sometime that morning/early afternoon. Those of us staying at the HIE I'm sure can get a group together... I'm sure there are lots of good bars around the hotel/venue.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    me and my girlfriend will be at the show.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    If I can get there in time I would like to have a drink or two before the show and chat with some other 10c members. I won't be staying at a hotel - will be driving home after the show.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    I would be down for this. Me and a girlfriend are flying in from chicago. There are tons of bars in the area. I say get some suggestions and pick one. It would be cool to get together with some tc members seeing we don't know anyone else in town.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    I know I'll be leaving work early that day to go downtown before the concert to eat/drink some. There's lots of places around. Rippys, Bailey's Broadway Brewhouse and Big River (where the pre-party is on the 18th) are some of the bigger bars with good menu's that are close. There are several smaller ones like The Stage, Robert's and Tootsie's mixed in there too but they're more of just a bar. I know I'm leaving out a lot more, but I can't seem to remember them all right now. lol
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    i'm down for meeting somewhere.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
    Going with wife and staying at the Renaissance. Be sure and go down to 2nd Avenue, specifically Tootsies. Classic place, lots of character.
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
  • Options
    huck_5 wrote:
    Going with wife and staying at the Renaissance. Be sure and go down to 2nd Avenue, specifically Tootsies. Classic place, lots of character.

Tootsies is actually on Broadway and backs up to Ryman. But you're right, it is a classic place. It almost closed down several years ago, but it managed to be saved. It will probably be jumping after the show.
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    Tootsies sounds cool. I would say anywhere other than BRB since we will be there the next night. I would like to check out as many places as possible since I will only be there 3 days.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    i was in nashville over the weekend for a bachelor party and toured the ryman. it got me even more excited to go back for these 2 shows. what an amazing venue. the people of nashville are very lucky to have such an incredible and historic venue. i can't wait to see EV there!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Tootsie's sounds like a fun place to meet up. If they don't serve meals, I guess eat early and then stop by.
  • Options
    I still have a spare ticket for this show...
    Main Floor Section 5, Row V
    But the best part is you get to sit with ME!
    :)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    who is interested in getting together prior to the show? (continue with the list if you are interested).

riverruner & friend
  • Options
    mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Tennessee Posts: 227
    It is a long standing tradition that after a show at the Ryman chances are very likely of running into whoever played that night at Tootsies after the show. I have never experienced it personally, but I hear that it happens all the time.

I will be there.....you know, just in case! ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time the doors open at the Ryman on the 17th?
  • Options
    cbh1011cbh1011 Minnesota Posts: 134
    Anybody have an extra ticket for the following night 6/18?
    I need to go!!!!

PM please !
  • Options
    I finally called the Ryman. The girl that answered said the doors "usually open about 45 minutes prior to the show." Which means 6:45 p.m. I guess you guys that have fan club tickets will be able to confirm that when you pick up your tickets.

Some people mentioned going to Tootsie's before the show. I think we might go to the Big River Grille. I know the party the next night will be there, but I love their food and home brews. Maybe Tootsie's after the show - when Ed will be there. ;)
  • Options
    According to the email I got from 10C, it says that the doors will open at 6:30
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    to bad i cant,,, :roll: :roll: :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ponytd wrote:
    According to the email I got from 10C, it says that the doors will open at 6:30

Thanks for that bit of info. The only 10c ticket lottery I won was for the non-existent Memphis rollover show so I have no info.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Come one Gina...trade your Night 1 for Night 2 so we can hang out! You know the second night is better anyway! :D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Come one Gina...trade your Night 1 for Night 2 so we can hang out! You know the second night is better anyway! :D

PBM

Don't tempt me..... but I've already bought a hotel room on Priceline for Wednesday night - great deal - $67.00 with fees at the Millenium Maxell. And I've got a friend going..... but..... in a perfect world we would run across tickets for Thursday night and stay Thursday night too, but doubt if that will happen. My friend probably wouldn't want to stay 2 nights, Butch won't want to take care of the dogs/cats for 48 hours straight, and I have to get stuff ready for the Memphis weekend but you never know....
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Don't tempt me

Peer pressure. You did a 3 night stint in Canada...you can hang out for an extra day. I'll be in town by 2:30. :)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Don't tempt me

Peer pressure. You did a 3 night stint in Canada...you can hang out for an extra day. I'll be in town by 2:30. :)

PBM

Peer pressure can be a good thing.... :D
  • Options
    Here's a Thursday bump from AR to TN!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    So, since this show is about 4 days out, where and when we all meeting?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    So, since this show is about 4 days out, where and when we all meeting?

It seems as if there is little interest. There was talk of meeting at Tootsie's, which is o.k. with me, but from the review is appears as if it is a big tourist spot so they charge $5.00 for beer. I would like to go there, but I think after the concert would be good for that.

I like the Big River Grill and Brew, but that is where the Thursday pre-party is and some people (understandably so) wanted to do something different. I like the menu there so will probably eat there first, but as far as meeting up I am flexible. Any ideas.
  • Options
    Hey all! It's almost here! I'd love to get together the night before the first show. I'm not sure when we will be getting into town on Wednesday, it depends on how the driving goes...but I would love to meet up with people before the show if possible! We are staying at the HIE downtown... Anyone else who is game, shoot me a PM and maybe we can exchange digits. Riverrunner: I know we need to get in touch anyway, so I'll be sure to talk to you when we get into town and see what's up!

• Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 792
    It is a long standing tradition that after a show at the Ryman chances are very likely of running into whoever played that night at Tootsies after the show. I have never experienced it personally, but I hear that it happens all the time.

quote]

i think Ed will have some fun in nashville .. 3-4 nights in the city should mean there is a good chance he is out and about.. after the coldplay show at the ryman 5 or so years ago they played for 4 hours at Wolfy's which was Pearl Jam's favorite spot in town before it shutdown.. i could see Ed hitting the Wheel or something Similar.
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    What does everybody say we meet at Tootsies or the Brew House restuarant at around 4? We can take votes on tootsies or brew house.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1