Single Coming in The Summer

DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Would be kinda be obvious no? single probably sometime after june 1 within the month . probably two songs they play one being the b-side.

I hope i'm right.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i thought this was going to be another one of those desperate fan dating threads....pheeewwwwwww!! :lol::mrgreen::lol:
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    I doubt they play a b-side on Conan. I would imagine 1 new song and possibly an older one.
  • IamMine96IamMine96 Posts: 29
    Hawk123 wrote:
    I doubt they play a b-side on Conan. I would imagine 1 new song and possibly an older one.

Im pretty sure they are playing at least 2 new songs possibly 3. They said they are playing new songs on the link to them playing conan.i wouldnt mind an older one thou.lol
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    1 new song and Brother?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
    IamMine96 wrote:
    Hawk123 wrote:

Im pretty sure they are playing at least 2 new songs possibly 3. They said they are playing new songs on the link to them playing conan.i wouldnt mind an older one thou.lol

not likely. bands on late night shows (especially conan) almost always only play one song, and with conan's premier episode i doubt they want to make the band the main attraction. Im guessing they will play a single off the new album and then conan will walk up and thank the band and the show will end.

hopefully more, but probably not
  • pj622pj622 Posts: 110
    i thought this was going to be another one of those desperate fan dating threads....pheeewwwwwww!! :lol::mrgreen::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol: I had the same thought!
  • vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    J_LAWN wrote:
    IamMine96 wrote:
    Hawk123 wrote:

not likely. bands on late night shows (especially conan) almost always only play one song, and with conan's premier episode i doubt they want to make the band the main attraction. Im guessing they will play a single off the new album and then conan will walk up and thank the band and the show will end.

hopefully more, but probably not

Agreed...it's possible they'll play more than 1 song, but only 1 will be broadcast. Perhaps here in the internet age, the other songs will be shown in video form on the internet.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    If I was a betting man, I'd guess the single will be release in the week or 2 following the show.

I could see them kinda front loading the first half of the show and letting them perform once then, then one more time to close the show.

Every press release I've seen(PJ and Conan) says PJ will perform new songSSSS. I doubt they'll play bside. I would guess the 1st single and MAYBE somethin else they'll be considering for the 2nd or Brother.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    1 new song and Brother?
    That's what I was thinking too. It does say new songSSSS, but maybe they consider Brother a new song?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    BeerBaron wrote:
    1 new song and Brother?
    That's what I was thinking too. It does say new songSSSS, but maybe they consider Brother a new song?

I believe the press release said "songSSS from their upcoming album."

So that leaves out Brother
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    BeerBaron wrote:
    1 new song and Brother?

I believe the press release said "songSSS from their upcoming album."

So that leaves out Brother
    You are right :)

We'll know for sure in a week!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,671
    I'd guess that by saying Pearl Jam will be playing: "New Songs from their upcoming studio album" that it is safe to say that they will:

1) Play more than 1 song on Conan
    2) Not be playing Brother or older material
    3) The Songor Songs(2) will be from the new album

That is just the way I read the press release. Seems pretty straightforward.

Bands do not normally get more than 1 song on The Tonight Show, but seeing that this is PEARL JAM and it is Conan's Tonight Show debut...maybe an exception has been made.

As for the single or the release of a single from the new album, I'm fairly certain that we won't be seeing an offical release until about the late summer -perhaps when the Toronto and Chicago shows go down-

Keep in mind that just because they are playing The Tonight Show does not mean that the album is in the bag or that the release is coming sooner than we thought. The general viewpoint is that Pearl Jam 9 will be released sometime in the Fall.

I'm guessing that the band commited to this performance months ago and it has little or nothing to do with the fact that they have a new album that they are releasing sometime this year. They would have played the show regardless of whether they had new material or not.

I Believe the reason we are getting new songs is that the band has probably written 2-3 confirmed ass kickers that they are just itching to play live and test out; what better way to do it than on National TV on The Tonight Show w/ Conan.

In my mind it's just a cool little promotion to drum up interest for the new album and also keep us savages satisfied and at bay until they drop this album whenever they see fit.

Can't wait until June 1st
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    I'm guessing one song will be shown on tv and the other on the web.
    I miss igotid88
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If Conan really just has Will Ferrell and PJ... it certainly could be two songs. Give Will two segments of interview, PJ two songs and they'll still have plenty of time for skits/etc.

I'm HOPING they do at least 2 and then maybe put some on the web, but I'm greedy that way! :)
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 565
    I realize the press release says that they will play "new songS", but my initial thought was whatever the first single is going to be, and an old one or brother. I am very proficient in english and realize it reads like they will play multiple songs from the new album but I personally don't think this will be the case. Who knows, i could be wrong, but thats just my 2 cents, we will all find out in a week.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    WELL Will Ferrell is the only guest.. so thats a lot of time for just 1 guest..
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    The only thing is that a lot of times those shows will just release the main guest and then they'll fill that middle spot with someone closer to the taping.

Since its the first show I would like to think they would have a big name announced by now if there was going to be one, but that's the only reason I'm not sure how PJ gets more than a song.
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 565
    drsluggo wrote:
    The only thing is that a lot of times those shows will just release the main guest and then they'll fill that middle spot with someone closer to the taping.

Since its the first show I would like to think they would have a big name announced by now if there was going to be one, but that's the only reason I'm not sure how PJ gets more than a song.

I have watched a lot of Conan and I still think that Pearl Jam will get 2 songs. There is the monologue and a big introduction for the first show, probably a sit down with Andy Richter (the announcer) which may include a short taped bit, Pearl Jam song, a Will Ferrell interview, and another song to close the night.

Obviously nobody can be certain but with only 1 guest I think that they will get 2 songs, even with probably a long opening for the first night. Either way 1 or 2 songs, it will just be nice to enjoy Conan again
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"