Even after all these yrs my fav 3songs ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Black
Breath
Blood :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: ...
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    glad i'm the only one :lol::lol::lol: what's wrong nobody drinking yet it's the weekend fools get out and party there won't be anymore show announcements this weekend :roll: ...
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

can't be narrowed down past 10... :cry::D:lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    FrankieG wrote:

can't be narrowed down past 10... :cry::D:lol:

nah not today :lol: ...
  • Blood is ranked too high.

Black is arguably the greatest song ever written.
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • FatalFatal Posts: 821
    For the last 17 years Black has been my favorite song period!

Off the top of my head, i would say most of my "top 10" Pearl Jam songs are from the first few albums...Black, Alive, Corduroy, Porch, Indifference, Release...
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    The first PJ song I ever heard was Alive, back in '91 and not only is it still my favorite PJ song, it's my favorite song period.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Breath (Singles)
    Alive
    In My Tree
    In Hiding

I can have 4 songs damnit! :)
    NERDS!
  • nocodemannocodeman Posts: 27
    Tremor Christ
    Given ToFly
    In My Tree
    Immoraltality...damn I needed four and could have gone 5 with Come Back
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Old minds think alike ;)
    Release
    Black
    Breath
    When I'm depressed :cry: I need to hear In Hiding to ease the sorrow & get me out of the stupid state of mind.
    When I'm on top of the mountain, snowboarding on a POWDER day, in the trees, In My Tree puts a smile on my face for a couple of hours :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Release
    Low Light
    Red Mosquito
    3 songs from 3 different time periods. :D
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Old minds think alike ;)
    Release
    Black
    Breath
    When I'm depressed :cry: I need to hear In Hiding to ease the sorrow & get me out of the stupid state of mind.
    When I'm on top of the mountain, snowboarding on a POWDER day, in the trees, In My Tree puts a smile on my face for a couple of hours :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D .

In my Tree is great to ride to, as is MFC :D
    NERDS!
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    My fav 3 songs at the moment:

In my tree
    Faithful
    Whipping

...but it changes all the time!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    State of Love and Trust ( fav song ever, but lost the live appeal over the years sadly...)
    Porch
    Rearviewmirror
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    I am drunker than a skunker but right now I would like to blast the following 3 songs..

Animal
    Spin The Black Circle
    Porch

of course i won't because i would be arrested for disturbing the pizza
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    Black
    Breath
    i hear ya....

i still LOVE hearing/seeing Jeremy live....

and im hoping i get to hear/see RATS at one of the Chicago shows.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Black
    Breath
    Black has always remained in my top 3 songs over the years. Porch has pretty much been a mainstay too. My 3rd is All or None, which hasn't been around "all these years" or it would likely be in that category too! :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    Even after all these yrs my fav 3songs ........

keep changing.
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Porch

Elderly Woman

Yellow Ledbetter/In hiding/Corduroy/Present Tense

Porch is just so angry and intense. I love the lyrics. "there ain't gonna be any middle anymore..."

Elderly Woman is tender at first, but becomes so anthemic at the end. Also, although I'm a guy, I know how it can be so easy to stay in the small town I grew up in. It just speaks to me.

I couldn't make up my mind between the next 4, as they're all such awesome songs. YLB is heartbreakingly powerful, In hiding has such a great outro and intro. Corduroy is hard and rhythmic. PT is so meaningful. I love the verse lyrics and the outro.

This shows how amazing PJ is. I can't just choose 3 songs. There are so many awesome songs to choose from.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I've seen quite a few good choices...and damn what a difficult choice it is...

I like the Breath choice...probably have to have that top 3

Rearviewmirror...great song...even better live...probably have to put that in there, too.

and for number 3...probably have to go with Black.

Pains me to leave out Porch and SOLAT.

For a real kick in the pants I love to hear GO/BLOOD/ANIMAL

As phenomenal as all PJ records have been (especially pre 2000)...its hard to argue the greatness of Ten and Vs. (although so many try to do it...who are you trying to kid?)
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Pearl Jam wrote:
    Even after all these yrs my fav 3songs ........

keep changing.

Pearl Jam username?

are you Stone's mother?? :mrgreen: