Options

New Pearl Jam Album .. has been heard! :)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    All early sign point to the album being pretty uptempo for the most part. I think the rolling stone article gives a litttle more insight that this.

from RS-
    " Pearl Jam are carrying through with the punchy, melodic energy of their last album. (WWS) One song, a garage-y composition by Vedder, repeats the lyric "see my friends" over Stooges-meet-the-Who power chords and loose.(In My Tree mixed w/ Grievance) Johnny Thunders-inspired lead guitar from Mike McCready.(Life Wasted mixed w/ Sad)Another tune, penned by drummer Matt Cameron, is a bigger surprise: it's sleek power pop, with a Stones-y intro riff-leading into a tight, chiming verse and a catchy vocal melody that wouldn't be out of place on a Kings of Leon record.(Unemployable pt. 2)"That could have been a seven-minute, weird, sideways kind of artsy song with a cool groove," Vedder says. "I thinkered with it after everyone left, and we shrunk it down and turned into somethig else... I'm thinking about set lists: 'Will this be a song we'll play every night?'"

;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    joewalshdc wrote:
    I for one am happy about it in some respects because when I go see Pearl Jam, I know im there with PJ fans....you go see Coldplay, 50% go home after "yellow"....I say "good riddance"...

I come in peace....

It's always interesting to hear the opinions of people in different geographic locations, joewalshdc. I have to admit that I've been curious about the UK press' treatment of PJ over the years. Honestly, it sounds not too dissimilar to how things are done in the States. It's good to hear that people take things with a grain of salt where you are too. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    HeavyHands wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:
    I for one am happy about it in some respects because when I go see Pearl Jam, I know im there with PJ fans....you go see Coldplay, 50% go home after "yellow"....I say "good riddance"...

I come in peace....

It's always interesting to hear the opinions of people in different geographic locations, joewalshdc. I have to admit that I've been curious about the UK press' treatment of PJ over the years. Honestly, it sounds not too dissimilar to how things are done in the States. It's good to hear that people take things with a grain of salt where you are too. :)
    IN MY COUNTRY,GREECE,IF I FIND ANYONE KNOWS THE BAND PEAR JAM,,I BUY HIM A DRINK AND MAKE HIM DINNER..WE HAVE OUR KIND OF MUSIC HERE,ROCK FOR EXABLE IS IN LOW PLACES ,,IF PEOPLE NOT LISHEN GREEK MUSIC,,THEY LISHEN A SOUND(COUSE THIS THING IS NOT MUSIC) GOES LIKE BOOM,BOOMBOOM,,PA PA..
    BY THE WAY WE WILL WAY TO LISHEN THE NEW TRACKS IN THE TV APPERIENCE AND AFTER FOR GOOD IN ALL 4 EUROPEANS CONCERTS
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    joewalshdc wrote:
    Hi fellow fans....to all those TenClubbers who read this article and are actually from the US...as an Irishman who regularly reads the British music press...Pearl Jam really have no standing in British Press...theyre looked upon as that band who had a hit years ago called Alive and had 2 great albums and disappeared from the planet.....thats where the "cock rock" statement comes from...its such a blind press over there (dont get me wrong there are some well informed fantastic writers) but in the main, its pretty shambolic...full of fads and bands that are gonna be the next best thing and then fall apart...then they champion these unknown indie acts like The Killers and Arcade Fire and then when these bands break through they call them "sell outs"....The NME used to be cutting edge...to me and many others...its now a bit of a sham...Pearl Jam's reviews of the last few albums and dvds have been atrocious...i particularly remember an awful piece that reviewed "madison sq dvd"....trust me they just don't get it...I for one am happy about it in some respects because when I go see Pearl Jam, I know im there with PJ fans....you go see Coldplay, 50% go home after "yellow"....I say "good riddance"...

I come in peace....
    EXACTLY TRUE..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bigbadbill wrote:
    Yeah. I have a friend, whose uncle's best friend's sister's ex-boyfriend's stepbrother's dad, who knows a guy who was talking to another guy at a coffee house in Long Beach, CA. Well, as it turns out, the barista at this coffee house, her long-time lesbian lover's dog groomer knows a guy who knows a roadie who then knows a kid who got an advance copy of the new album. He mailed it over to me and I got a chance to hear it. It's kicks ass!!
    OK,BUT U KNOW WHO GIVE IT TO YOUR friend, whose uncle's best friend's sister's ex-boyfriend's stepbrother's dad, who knows a guy who was talking to another guy at a coffee house in Long Beach, CA. Well, as it turns out, the barista at this coffee house, her long-time lesbian lover's dog groomer knows a guy who knows a roadie who then knows a kid who got an advance copy of the new album?
    ANOTHER FRIEND OF A FRIEND WHO HIS FRIEND,IS A REALLY FRIEND,OF FRIENDS...
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,251
    einatshaul wrote:
    Sorry, I'm a little pissed. Maybe I should write a music blog.
    Here is my first post: I am eating eggs sunny side up with tuna on the side.
    Can I stop over at HQ next month and give it a spin Ed?
    Jesus...
    :roll:

tuna on the side????????????????

tuna and eggs?!?!?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JkingyJkingy Posts: 46
    joewalshdc wrote:
    Hi fellow fans....to all those TenClubbers who read this article and are actually from the US...as an Irishman who regularly reads the British music press...Pearl Jam really have no standing in British Press...theyre looked upon as that band who had a hit years ago called Alive and had 2 great albums and disappeared from the planet.....thats where the "cock rock" statement comes from...its such a blind press over there (dont get me wrong there are some well informed fantastic writers) but in the main, its pretty shambolic...full of fads and bands that are gonna be the next best thing and then fall apart...then they champion these unknown indie acts like The Killers and Arcade Fire and then when these bands break through they call them "sell outs"....The NME used to be cutting edge...to me and many others...its now a bit of a sham...Pearl Jam's reviews of the last few albums and dvds have been atrocious...i particularly remember an awful piece that reviewed "madison sq dvd"....trust me they just don't get it...I for one am happy about it in some respects because when I go see Pearl Jam, I know im there with PJ fans....you go see Coldplay, 50% go home after "yellow"....I say "good riddance"...

I come in peace....

I couldn't have said it better myself. NME is the biggest joke in music journalism.
  • Options
    walknthecowwalknthecow Posts: 35
    i'm just glad they're still together and able to make a new record. from there i'm thrilled they're able to still go on a great tour.
  • Options
    MdurbanMdurban Posts: 25
    Basically.......If NME tell you to go and buy and Album then you avoid it like the plague.

If they slate and Album (or a book or a movie for that matter) then go out of your way and buy it :)

Problem with NME is that they sell mags based on youth fan base....or rather they think they do....so any links with 'old school' bands just makes them look lame I guess, add to that the fact as my Irish friend above put so well that Pearl Jam just aint loved in general in the UK (I apologise wholeheartedly for my people and their lack of taste at this point :):) ) you can see that anything that came out and just lapped up a new album would probably be seen as sell out.

Saying that tho, its not like NME themselves slated the new album, one guy just put a few random posts probably just to get his blog a few extra hits :)

The way I see it a new Pearl Jam album is a new album, lets look forward to it and if its got one or two killer tracks on then we have a treat in store :)

Bring it on :)
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    joewalshdc wrote:

I come in peace....
    Totally agree here, the only thing that is missing is that NME is not fit in to be used as toilet paper. Would love to really know what their problem with PJ is. Is that they rock, mean something & have stood the test of time & themselves. That is what makes a great band who get through the dark times & come out the other with killer music.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14