New Pearl Jam Album .. has been heard! :)

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    G's! Not pissed... Just not a good day for me that's all. Wishing I was at a job that this is what I get to do for a living. Is all. Anyway. Happy happy happy to hear about this new album sneeking up on us sooner than later. They sure pulled one on us all, didn't they? I trust the guys and look forward to another masterpeice. Go Backspacer.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Apparently he interviewed the band yesterday. Says on his site he will have details soon. Sounds like the guys are doing media for the new record this week. We should be getting news real soon by the sounds of it.

Yeah, if they're doin interviews soon the release date can't be far off.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    demetrios wrote:
    There's hardly any guitar leads either

Very unsatisfying... :evil: I want more Mike...

Honestly, when I read that, I wasn't surprised. I seriously won't be surprised if this album is some PJ meets KOL fusion album. There was a Rolling Stone article saying that there was a song that Matt wrote that sounded like a KOL song with a great Stone Riff.(which im extremely anxious to hear) I dunno if this album will be no code/yield or a totally new style. maybe both who knows.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    edited May 2009
    not to many leads ahhhhh i hope the whole album is not like that ..
    im sure ed wanted it that way so he could play all the new stuff on his solo tour :roll:

seriously though... the no leads thing + santa cruz have me worried that this album might not be what ive been hoping for... *fingers crossed* ... and its a bummer that this shmuck got to hear it first... guy cant re-read what he writes before submitting it?
    Post edited by Kilgore_Trout on
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740
    sgossard3 wrote:
    not to many leads ahhhhh i hope the whole album is not like that ..
    im sure ed wanted it that way so he could play all the new stuff on his solo tour :roll:

seriously though... the no leads thing + santa fe have me worried that this album might not be what ive been hoping for... *fingers crossed* ... and its a bummer that this shmuck got to hear it first... guy cant re-read what he writes before submitting it?

No. 1 -- It's Santa Cruz.
    No. 2 -- Santa Cruz has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the new album.

It was a song Ed wrote on the fly before playing Santa Cruz. It was not meant to be anything special. Did you get this freaked out when ed wrote "All the Way" in Chicago, fearing the next Pearl Jam album might consist solely of baseball songs?

You people read waaaaaaay too much into a damn holiday single. That is all.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    demetrios wrote:
    There's hardly any guitar leads either

Very unsatisfying... :evil: I want more Mike...

Honestly, when I read that, I wasn't surprised. I seriously won't be surprised if this album is some PJ meets KOL fusion album. There was a Rolling Stone article saying that there was a song that Matt wrote that sounded like a KOL song with a great Stone Riff.(which im extremely anxious to hear) I dunno if this album will be no code/yield or a totally new style. maybe both who knows.

A no code/yield style album would be greatly welcomed by me, personally. Then again, I'd be very interested to hear a totally new style as well. All in all, my anticipation shot up a few more notches today after I finally found time to read the blog post through and through. Great stuff!
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334

It was a song Ed wrote on the fly before playing Santa Cruz. It was not meant to be anything special. Did you get this freaked out when ed wrote "All the Way" in Chicago, fearing the next Pearl Jam album might consist solely of baseball songs?

how so? theres something to be said for the mindset they are in at the present time based on the xmas single... that plus "into the wild" tell me that eds in more of a folksy acoustic mood and generally whatever eds feeling has a huge impact on the band as a whole... not saying it will be the whole album but probably alot of the album will be more mellow than were used to... obviously its just speculation but thats all we have right now... so save the sarcasm baby :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    sgossard3 wrote:

how so? theres something to be said for the mindset they are in at the present time based on the xmas single... that plus "into the wild" tell me that eds in more of a folksy acoustic mood and generally whatever eds feeling has a huge impact on the band as a whole... not saying it will be the whole album but probably alot of the album will be more mellow than were used to... obviously its just speculation but thats all we have right now... so save the sarcasm baby :D

Mellow would be fine. Mellow produced No Code, which is one of the best albums ever made by anyone, at anytime, anywhere.

That said, this sort-of review of the new album mentions one Ed solo ballad in the middle of the record. Not 12 of them. It will be fine.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,993
    sgossard3 wrote:

Mellow would be fine. Mellow produced No Code, which is one of the best albums ever made by anyone, at anytime, anywhere.

That said, this sort-of review of the new album mentions one Ed solo ballad in the middle of the record. Not 12 of them. It will be fine.

I agree with this. Parachutes was thrown in the middle of ST and sounds nothing like the rest of the album.
  • PJamGrungeFanPJamGrungeFan Posts: 289
    Not too many leads?? Boooo
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    as much as i love Mike's work, this makes sense to me that the solos wouldn't be as prominent on the new record. he played his ass off on the last one. he had a strong lead for almost every song on that record, and they were awesome.

for some reason, i find myself a lot more excited about this record coming out than the last two. can't wait! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I think people are reading too much into the whole no guitar leads thing. Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, and Binaural don't have many true leads, but there is lead guitar all over the place. BO'b has made some great guitar records, the guitar is just more subtle.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Whats that you say? pearl jam fans complaining about something??

what are the chances!!
    :o
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    I hope this album is 12 songs that sound exactly like Santa Cruz, all named after towns in California.

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,671
    I hope this album is 12 songs that sound exactly like Santa Cruz, all named after towns in California.

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Hey now!!!!
    Don't forget about the albums first single:
    "San Pedro"
    Featuring a guest appearance by Mike Watt on bass w/ Boom Gasper on Lead Vocals and Mike McCready on Electric Tuba.

I'm told that Eddie let Tim Robbins and Sean Penn write 99.9% of the lyrics.

Also...Stone Gossard doesn't even play a single note on the album until about the six song and it's mostly just light acoustic strumming.

Apparently, Jeff's bass is WAY DOWN in the mix and Matt Cammeron mostly plays with brushes rather than drum sticks.

New sound. Very Mellow.

I think they are only going to tour this album in major North American markets.
    The tour will be sponsered by Live Nation as well as the "In & Out Burger" franchise.

T-shirts will $75.00 Plain white and read:
    MERRY CHRISTMAS on the front
    and
    FUCK THE SOUTH on the back.

Should be a hoot
    See you out there.
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Hey now!!!!
    "San Pedro"
    Featuring a guest appearance by Mike Watt on bass w/ Boom Gasper on Lead Vocals and Mike McCready on Electric Tuba.

Also...Stone Gossard doesn't even play a single note on the album until about the six song and it's mostly just light acoustic strumming.

Apparently, Jeff's bass is WAY DOWN in the mix and Matt Cammeron mostly plays with brushes rather than drum sticks.

New sound. Very Mellow.

The tour will be sponsered by Live Nation as well as the "In & Out Burger" franchise.

and

Should be a hoot
    See you out there.

Hopefully, the T-shirts also come with a coupon for a free double-double.
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

SANDIMASHIGHSCHOOLFOOTBALLRULES!
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    einatshaul wrote:
    Wait, who the hell is this person and why does HE get dibbs??? He doesn't write that well at all!!!

I concur. Why should he get a exclusive listen!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!
    San Dimas, featuring Wyld Stallyns would just be amazingly awesome.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    edited May 2009
    Hinn wrote:
    San Dimas, featuring Wyld Stallyns would just be amazingly awesome.

Whoa!

db3b5c36e8bf04f6
    Post edited by HeavyHands on
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Whats the big deal with Santa Cruz and Golden gate? They really arn't good songs...
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Whats the big deal with Santa Cruz and Golden gate? They really arn't good songs...

santa cruz is pretty ho-hum. i like golden state - but i prefer the finished version that was released on the john doe golden state single a few months ago.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    i still haven't heard that version from the John Doe EP. is it on gremmie?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

What about beautiful San BERNARDINO??!!!! ;):|
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Well, I obviously didn't list every single track on the album. I was just giving some examples.
    I BrisK I wrote:

Santa Cruz was a lot better as an Ed solo song. I wore that track out on my Ipod over the last several months. Listen. Repeat. Listen. Repeat.
    Lizard wrote:

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Frank Zappa and The Eagles of Death Metal have already wrote amazing songs about San Bernardino, no need for Pearl Jam to write another.
    Lizard wrote:

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Well, I obviously didn't list every single track on the album. I was just giving some examples.

San Francisco is taking up all of side D to close the album
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Hey now!!!!
    "San Pedro"

New sound. Very Mellow.

and

Should be a hoot
    See you out there.

Hopefully, the T-shirts also come with a coupon for a free double-double.

Nope...Just a broken link to a free download that doesn't work.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I BrisK I wrote:
    This is NOTHING to due with the topic, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your SIG.!! :)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad