there’s a ballad stuck right in the middle that’s just him a

primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
edited May 2009 in The Porch
there’s a ballad stuck right in the middle that’s just him and a guitar, but is absolutely drenched in strings.

Unthought Known???? or Unripened Fruit???? or whatever Ed is calling it! Definately sounds like this song to me!
Summerfest 7/8/95
Missoula 6/20/98
Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
Champaign 4/23/03
Alpine Valley 6/21/03
Missoula 8/29/05
Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
Grand Rapids 5/19/06
Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
Tampa 6/12/08
Chicago 8/23/09
Indy 5/7/10
Alpine Valley x2 2011
Wrigley 2013
Milwaukee 14
Telluride 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    What?
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    there’s a ballad stuck right in the middle that’s just him and a guitar, but is absolutely drenched in strings.

Unthought Known???? or Unripened Fruit???? or whatever Ed is calling it! Definately sounds like this song to me!

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. I think the name was "Unthought Known". That poor journalist was probably feeling pretty cocky thinking he was hearing something nobody else heard before not knowing this song was played about gazillion times last Summer around the country :D
    Of course the rest of the album is a different story :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    the fuck you guys talkin about?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    this thread makes bugger all sense to me either
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    http://hearyoume3.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... album.html

now I get it, found this on the web
  • ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,084
    pdalowsky wrote:

I liked the sound of this bit -

"Eddies vocals sound more honeyed than raspy"... :D:D
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    WHat does he mean by punchy? o_O
    What the fuck is this world?
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I thought Mike was talking about punk, now this? What the hell are we getting in September?!!!
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Murderers wrote:
    WHat does he mean by punchy? o_O

Punchy: Pithy, Hard-hitting, Forceful, Terse, Effective, Punch-drunk, dazed

Hell, I don't know! He's the esteemed writer who gets the first listen; maybe he should be punchier!!!! :evil:
  • Brownie9160Brownie9160 Posts: 190
    "There's hardly any guitar leads either..." I don't really like the sound of that...I need more Mike!
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218

I hope that we hear that song again, one way or another.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    "There's hardly any guitar leads either..." I don't really like the sound of that...I need more Mike!

my thoughts exactly :o i hope that turns out to be false ..more mike more mike :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,740

What the hell song is this now?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130

+1 bigtime, but as long as Stone & Jeff are all over this one I'm ok.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

That combined with the talk of garage rock does not make me optimistic. Though I do like what I hear about Ed's vocals. I'd just like a little more groove and swing like they used to have, not less. Short punky garage songs are my least favorite songs of their catalogue.

That combined with the talk of garage rock does not make me optimistic. Though I do like what I hear about Ed's vocals. I'd just like a little more groove and swing like they used to have, not less. Short punky garage songs are my least favorite songs of their catalogue.

Bingo. I don't see how they can coexist though. It seems like you either get the swing of Ten, or the punch of Vitalogy/Pearl Jam. I can't wait to hear the final cut.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    HeavyHands wrote:

Bingo. I don't see how they can coexist though. It seems like you either get the swing of Ten, or the punch of Vitalogy/Pearl Jam. I can't wait to hear the final cut.

Well, I like Vitalogy. But I think songs like Last Exit and Whipping manage to get punchy while still having a great lively rhythm section. It's only on the last 3 albums (since Matt joined coincidentally) that they seem incapable of writing a 3 minute punkish number with rhythm. You get crap like Ghost, Save You, Comatose, etc... all nice riffs but with less rhythm that a dreadlocked dude at a hippy concert.

That said, the cock rock reference does sound promising. Basically, this was the least helpful article ever ;)
    ...the cock rock reference does sound promising. Basically, this was the least helpful article ever ;)

But wasn't the cock rock reference more about the accusations of PJ when they first came out? As I read it they weren't about the sound of what the NME editor heard...
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,311

Agreed. The highlight of the Vedder DC1 show, for me.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Could turn into Yield 2? ;)
    What the fuck is this world?