Options

Crosley Record player anybody ever used these?

evolvedmammalevolvedmammal Posts: 187
edited May 2009 in The Porch
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D2

Hey guys im looking for a simple record player to play my PJ and U2 vinyls i have
any of you guys ever used these crosley players? are they any good?

Can anybody recommend a good player for not too much $$$ :)
05 - St. Johns I II
06 - Toronto I II
08 - DC NYC I II
09 - Calgary Toronto
11 - Calgary Edmonton
13 - Calgary

Openers : Cant Keep, Small Town, Severed Hand, Release X3, Hard to Imagine X2, Why Go, Of the Girl X2, Wash,.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    happy2beherehappy2behere Posts: 148
    don't bother, they stink.
  • Options
    BlackThirteenBlackThirteen Posts: 423
    don't bother, they stink.

agreed. I bought one from toys r us (not the model you're looking at) because they were on clearance for $30 and brought it back immediately after I got home. It was really cheaply made and the sound quality wasn't all that great.
  • Options
    quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    I'd also advise against these. The power cord in the back popped out of mine the first week I had it and the sound quality is pretty low.
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    I'm saving for a NAD or a Pro-Ject, those are good, be patiente and save some more money and but something around $300 if you want to spin some vinyl.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I have a crosley turntable that you can record vinyl onto a CD. I've had it for about 2 years and I've had no problems with it. Just today I put the drop into the park vinyl on disc. Sounds great. If you plan on playing the hell out of your vinyl I would probably say its worth saving up for a high end model. I play lots of used records on my crosley, but a PJ vinyl I'll only play it once to record it.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Technics are VERY often available on craigslist and eBay, and based on my experience, I'd highly recommend it. I use a Technics 1200MKII with a Shure M97xE cartridge, and I'm loving it.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1