Options

Ticketmaster & only able to purchase 1 tix

d2farmerd2farmer Posts: 23
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I was only able to buy 1 ticket off of ticketmaster for the Chicago 8/23 show. I was logged into ticketmaster and ready to go at 11:00 a.m. and was just looking to buy 2 tickets next to one another. Not a ridiculous request at all, or so I thought. After spending 45 minutes of trying to get 2 tickets and getting the "Sorry your request has been denied." I just entered a quantity of 1 and sure enough I was able to buy a ticket. Did anyone else have this problem?
d2farmer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,817
    1 ticket jam's won't be a problem to score via ticketmaster the next few day's .. even weeks leading to the show! But trying to score 2 tickets together seated, that's a million to one shot, I think.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    d2farmer wrote:
    I was only able to buy 1 ticket off of ticketmaster for the Chicago 8/23 show. I was logged into ticketmaster and ready to go at 11:00 a.m. and was just looking to buy 2 tickets next to one another. Not a ridiculous request at all, or so I thought. After spending 45 minutes of trying to get 2 tickets and getting the "Sorry your request has been denied." I just entered a quantity of 1 and sure enough I was able to buy a ticket. Did anyone else have this problem?
    ticketmaster should/could release more tickets at a later date....

if not...

WELCOME to the wonderful world of ebay....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,090
    or stubhub lol
  • Options
    or one of these guy's!

scalpers.jpg
  • Options
    d2farmerd2farmer Posts: 23
    Yeah I guess so. This marks a 1st for me where I used ticketmaster and was only able to get 1 tix. I have had success for past PJam shows, TOOl, Roger Waters, Pixies. Oh well, I guess Ticket King and Ebay will be the way to get seats next to one another. Unfortunately, those prices are inflated. Anyways, I will still be rocking on 8/23 with my 1 tix.
    d2farmer
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    d2farmer wrote:
    Yeah I guess so. This marks a 1st for me where I used ticketmaster and was only able to get 1 tix. I have had success for past PJam shows, TOOl, Roger Waters, Pixies. Oh well, I guess Ticket King and Ebay will be the way to get seats next to one another. Unfortunately, those prices are inflated. Anyways, I will still be rocking on 8/23 with my 1 tix.
    i still say ticketmaster will/could release some more tickets......

it looks to me that they havent released any tickets next to or behind the stage(lower level behind the stage is actually a cool little view)......

and i still think they are holding tickets in the 200's and 300's..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    good luck trying to find 2 tickets seated together over at ticketmaster!
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Here's what Ticketmaster's been doing over the past few years...they release a limited amount of tickets when the show initially goes on sale. Then people panic, thinking it's sold out, and go to a scalper site and pay a ridiculous amount of money to get tickets. Then as the show date gets closer, all the scalper tickets that didn't get bought get released by Ticketmaster and the better seats start popping up. I've gotten good seats more than once by just waiting until the date gets closer. I'm not saying it works in all situations, but this is what they're doing nowadays. I'm not going to buy a single seat when I KNOW they've got more tickets coming. United Center seating capacity is 28,000. There's no way that it sold out in 2 minutes.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Chicago Hint: Go to the United Center direct to buy tix. They'll work with you to get good seats.

Works every time for concerts and games.

I do this for Sox games as well.

PLUS, you save the fees.($10 for UC concerts now. Per ticket.)