Chicago Shows = 100% Ten Club

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,793
    Love it. Can't wait.
    Just sooo happy to be in the building.
    RIGHT ON!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,750
    I know nothing about nothing regarding these shows. I'm not going, and have no dog in this fight.

However, I know that legally Ticketmaster is required to allot a certain percentage to the fan club (something like 10 percent or 15 percent or something). I'd be shocked if TM would voluntarily allot more than that, and thus forgo their "convienience fees" on more tickets than they are forced to.

Why would they do this? Out of the goodness of their hearts?

I don't know where you've been, but this sure as hell doesn't sound like Ticketmaster.

If tickets were hard to come by, I think the more logical explanation is that Ticketmaster is holding back general sales tickets to sell on its own scalping sites. Which sure as hell sounds like a conflict of interest to me, but what the hell do I know?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I know nothing about nothing regarding these shows. I'm not going, and have no dog in this fight.

However, I know that legally Ticketmaster is required to allot a certain percentage to the fan club (something like 10 percent or 15 percent or something). I'd be shocked if TM would voluntarily allot more than that, and thus forgo their "convienience fees" on more tickets than they are forced to.

Why would they do this? Out of the goodness of their hearts?

I don't know where you've been, but this sure as hell doesn't sound like Ticketmaster.

If tickets were hard to come by, I think the more logical explanation is that Ticketmaster is holding back general sales tickets to sell on its own scalping sites. Which sure as hell sounds like a conflict of interest to me, but what the hell do I know?

+ 1
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    20,000 Ten Club tickets?

Get in line early! When I say early I'm not saying 1pm.... I'm saying July. Just to be safe.. :D
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 382
    im assuming the # of 10C tickets is no different than usual, just a TON of presale tix for night 1(ticketbastard still got their charges for presale tix), but since there was no presale that i know of for night 2, there is still plenty of night 2 tix available.

i think it is like 10%fan club or so. i remember reading about it last summer for ed solo shows.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    Folks let's cut down on the negativity on this thread for God's sake, I hate hearing how this show isn't all 10 clubbers, etc. It is the all 10C show plus another one that has been long rumored . . . and now we are going to get all negative?

To repeat.

(1) These shows are virtually 100% 10C with nominal public sales.
    (2) Many 10 clubbers will therefore be upper deck.
    (3) There was no "10%" limit on fan club tix -- why do you think will call starts at 11 a.m.? Because the whole arena is fan club!
    (4) There are virtually no tickets to these completely sold out shows available, making them the 2009 equivalent of U2's 1992 Zoo TV arena tour. A legendarily tough ticket.
    (5) Ed will NOT screw around in Chicago -- likely the band will try to try something like playing their entire catalog over both nights, no repeats. Expect 40 songs on night 1, with the band taking it to a new level on Night 2.
    (6) It is possible Wilco will open.

THIS IS THE ZENITH OF PEARL JAM'S CAREER FOLKS, THEY'VE NEVER BEEN BIGGER, 47,000 LUCKY FANS WILL SEE THEM IN CHI-TOWN FOR THIS LANDMARK STAND. GIVE THANKS IF YOU GOT 10C TIX.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • Options
    Folks let's cut down on the negativity on this thread for God's sake, I hate hearing how this show isn't all 10 clubbers, etc. It is the all 10C show plus another one that has been long rumored . . . and now we are going to get all negative?

To repeat.

(3) There was no "10%" limit on fan club tix -- why do you think will call starts at 11 a.m.? Because the whole arena is fan club!
    (4) There are virtually no tickets to these completely sold out shows available, making them the 2009 equivalent of U2's 1992 Zoo TV arena tour. A legendarily tough ticket.
    (5) Ed will NOT screw around in Chicago -- likely the band will try to try something like playing their entire catalog over both nights, no repeats. Expect 40 songs on night 1, with the band taking it to a new level on Night 2.

THIS IS THE ZENITH OF PEARL JAM'S CAREER FOLKS, THEY'VE NEVER BEEN BIGGER, 47,000 LUCKY FANS WILL SEE THEM IN CHI-TOWN FOR THIS LANDMARK STAND. GIVE THANKS IF YOU GOT 10C TIX.

I dont think anyone is being negative, saying that the show is not 100% ten club doesnt mean we are negative, just realistic.
  • Options

To repeat.

i disagree....
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    edited May 2009
    I dont know how many 10C tickets were allocated for the show. I will say that stubhub currently only has tickets available in the back 3rd of the arena for night 1. Most are 300 level, but there are some lower levels available for the far lower end away from the stage. This is as of 4pm Chicago time. I could see the UC being about 60-75% fan club for night 1.
    Post edited by lawguy on
  • Options
    lawguy wrote:
    I dont know how many 10C tickets were allocated for the show. I will say that stubhub currently only has 300 level tickets available for night 1. This is as of 4pm Chicago time.
    huh???

i see PLENTY of tickets available on stubhub.....all over the venue....

833 tickets to be exact....

or am i missing something????
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 364

Let's keep it real here. So far Pearl Jam has announced a total of 3 headlining shows. Of course their shows sold out in about 60 seconds. People are travelling from around the world to catch a show knowing full well PJ won't be playing in their local arena.

Comparing this 3 show tour to Zoo TV (indoors) is apples and oranges. U2 did a full tour of North America and didn't allocate a huge percentage of tickets (as a number of people here have suggested PJ did) to their fan club. Also, they sold-out their entire tour is little time WITHOUT internet sales.

Pearl Jam has indeed been bigger earlier in their career.

Don't get me wrong, I'm PUMPED to be seeing them this summer but the hyperbole could stand to be turned down a wee bit.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    lawguy wrote:
    I dont know how many 10C tickets were allocated for the show. I will say that stubhub currently only has 300 level tickets available for night 1. This is as of 4pm Chicago time.
    huh???

i see PLENTY of tickets available on stubhub.....all over the venue....

833 tickets to be exact....

or am i missing something????

Yeah, I missed something and edited my post. But all the availbale tickets, even the lower ones, are in the back end of the stadium. However, there is one set of tickets on sale for $1900 for the first 20 rows. Not sure how that is happening.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400

To repeat.

you are excited. good for you.

bad for us, though, cause you're also on crack.

40 songs?! with Wilco opening? I think you're going to be the only one around who is actually let down by these shows.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

40 songs?! with Wilco opening? I think you're going to be the only one around who is actually let down by these shows.
    +1...

40 songs... and then he says a new level from that on night 2? That's just insane - and I'll be there wishing that would be the case, but that's just not possible.

If we get more than 30 songs in a night that's a really, really nice set. 40... that's just not going to happen unless they are their own opening band.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:

+1...

40 songs... and then he says a new level from that on night 2? That's just insane - and I'll be there wishing that would be the case, but that's just not possible.

If we get more than 30 songs in a night that's a really, really nice set. 40... that's just not going to happen unless they are their own opening band.

but Wilco is opening!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    but Wilco is opening!

Well, clearly you're forgetting there will be two opening bands for this legendary show.

Pearl Jam 7:30-8:15
    Wilco 8:40-9:20
    PJ 9:45-1AM

That should net about 45 songs, right?
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    but Wilco is opening!

Well, clearly you're forgetting there will be two opening bands for this legendary show.

and that's not even including eddie's pre-pre-set.

LEGENDARY!

">here</a>.
    or

• Options

LEGENDARY!

Touché :lol:
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    but Wilco is opening!

LEGENDARY!

LMAO!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,750

To repeat.

I know you're just screwing with people and talking out your ass. But, in regards to No. 3, the will call window always opens early. And in regards to No. 4, I could have got tickets a couple days ago without even really trying. They were available on this site, like, forever.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Is Wilco really opening? Or is this just hearsay at this point...
    I will DIE if Wilco opens... too perfect being Chicago and all.
    Think they would open Toronto too?
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options

I would say calling that rumor hearsay is giving it wayyyy too much credit, so don't die just yet...

">here</a>.
    or

• Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443

I would say calling that rumor hearsay is giving it wayyyy too much credit, so don't die just yet...

Valid point.
    I'd hate to die before I even get to Tennessee for the EV shows..
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    To repeat.

what are you talking about???

not a single one of these statement is even close to factual.

1. you have nothing to back this up, yet you keep repeating it. plenty of my friends got 100 and 200 level tickets this morning.
    2. (see 1)
    3. how do you know there was no 10% limit? and even if there wasnt, how do you jump from more than 10% to almost 100%?
    4. neither show is sold out. there are still tickets available for both.
    5. Ed has almost always been nervous at the big Chicago shows. I have been to every one since Soldier Field, and setlists are usually safe.
    6. Wilco is in Europe in August (http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php)

I understand you are excited, I am too, but why are you making up all this BS? these shows do not need your artificial hype.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    rupy017rupy017 Posts: 249
    I got an email from gotickets.com letting me know that they have PJ tickets.(Don't know how or why they got my email address, but whatever) So, I checked and they have fan club tix for $1500.
    If 10C wants to do anything, I guess they could contact them.

I HOPE REALLY BAD that NO ONE buys those and they have to eat them.
    I know they're still gonna make money, but, GOD, I hat brokers!!

Also, for the person who asks why will call starts at 11am....The last UC shows had the same will call time.
    I picked mine up at noon.
  • Options
    non-entity wrote:

I understand you are excited, I am too, but why are you making up all this BS? these shows do not need your artificial hype.
    I refuse to believe you and your rational responses to those points. :D
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    drsluggo wrote:
    non-entity wrote:

I refuse to believe you and your rational responses to those points. :D

ha! I know, no room for that here, right? I hate to seem like that "always-negative" guy, but this same guy has started 5 threads about the Chicago shows, that he has it "on good authority" that they will play certain songs, and now this BS thread. I'm kind of intrigued as to what his motive is...just boredom?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    non-entity wrote:
    ha! I know, no room for that here, right? I hate to seem like that "always-negative" guy, but this same guy has started 5 threads about the Chicago shows, that he has it "on good authority" that they will play certain songs, and now this BS thread. I'm kind of intrigued as to what his motive is...just boredom?

I dont think anyone buys it. If you're going to lie make it at least believable. Maybe say they've got a longer curfew or something... don't post songs they'll play and that it will be 40+ songs!

Either way - one thing I do hate to agree with you on is that Chicago shows have much 'safer' setlists. I'm hoping this time might be a different situation with no album to promote (assuming the new album isn't out by then which is looking about right)... so hopefully over two nights they can pull out some good stuff.
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    Perhaps he forgot to renew a prescription?
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    givenfliersgivenfliers Posts: 144
    does anybody konow if there is a secert way to find out where ur 10c seats r