Options

Toronto Show Sold Out?

staz17staz17 Posts: 88
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Just tried buying 4 lawn tickets for the Toronto show on ticketmaster and there were none available. Also tried calling ticketmaster and still nothing. Tickets went on sale and I was on at 2pm on the dot trying to get tickets and had no luck. How did this happen? Is the show totally sold out?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    staz17 wrote:
    Just tried buying 4 lawn tickets for the Toronto show on ticketmaster and there were none available. Also tried calling ticketmaster and still nothing. Tickets went on sale and I was on at 2pm on the dot trying to get tickets and had no luck. How did this happen? Is the show totally sold out?

Judging by the other threads I seems to be, dont lose hope though there are always tkt popping up left and right before the show.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    AeroGemAeroGem Posts: 21
    I've been trying the net and the phone myself. I would have been thrilled with lawns. :cry:
  • Options
    I'm happy I have 2 10C tickets already. but my sister wanted to go so she is sure to be rattled.

Here's how my phone conversation went with the guy at ticketmaster

Me: Just tried buying pearl jam tickets and no luck, is it really sold out already?
    Ticketmaster: Ya I'm pretty sure it was sold out as of 2:04 (tickets went on sale at 2pm eastern)
    Me: Wow, that fast eh? will more become available?
    Ticketmaster: This show sold out very fast for the ampitheatre. I imagine they are holding more.
    Me: Is there any way to find out when or if more are available?
    Ticketmaster: Just gotta keep trying your luck with the website (www.ticketmaster.ca)

Good luck in the search,
    Staz
  • Options
    BLACKHAWKBLACKHAWK Posts: 4
    I tried as well at 2 on the dot.It's too bad legit fans in the Toronto area can't get tickets.THEN YOU GO ON EBAY AND THERE ARE ASSHOLES FROM ALL OVER THE STATES SCALPING TICKETS FOR THIS SHOW.IT FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!
  • Options
    BLACKHAWK wrote:
    I tried as well at 2 on the dot.It's too bad legit fans in the Toronto area can't get tickets.THEN YOU GO ON EBAY AND THERE ARE ASSHOLES FROM ALL OVER THE STATES SCALPING TICKETS FOR THIS SHOW.IT FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!

especially when i am seeing lawn tickets, that these people paid 40 bucks for, being sold for 120. Ridiculous but people are paying it...
  • Options
    As long as there are assholes willing to pay, real fans and the general public will continue to get screwed. Morons. :twisted:
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    AeroGem wrote:
    As long as there are assholes willing to pay, real fans and the general public will continue to get screwed. Morons. :twisted:

Very true. But they're not assholes just because they can afford to pay the ridiculous prices.

Thornhill representttttt
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:
    AeroGem wrote:

Very true. But they're not assholes just because they can afford to pay the ridiculous prices.

Thornhill representttttt

Its not the money that gets to me, its the principal. By all means, empty those pockets...hehe.

Thornhill? Howdy neighbour! :)
  • Options
    like I said earlier, the guy at ticketmaster seems to think more will become available...but then again your chances of getting them are purely based on luck.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    staz17 wrote:
    like I said earlier, the guy at ticketmaster seems to think more will become available...but then again your chances of getting them are purely based on luck.

Does everyone really have this short term of a memory....even eddie V solo shows show up again on Ticketmaster. They've been playing the same games for YEARS with limited/multiple ticket releases......for this very reason, the same people fall for it every single time.....Pavlov may have been on to something.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    The question is when will they be released? The TM dude I spoke to said "I don't know, anytime between now and the show." Thanks for widdling it down. :roll:
  • Options
    vic in T.O.vic in T.O. Posts: 385
    AeroGem wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:
    AeroGem wrote:

Thornhill representttttt

Its not the money that gets to me, its the principal. By all means, empty those pockets...hehe.

Richmond Hill,working in thornhill here ;)
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Don't rush out and over pay- there will be extra tickets here on the board, ticket master will start releasing them as it gets closer to the show, and the prices on ebay and stub hub will drop.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    voodoopug wrote:
    staz17 wrote:

Does everyone really have this short term of a memory....even eddie V solo shows show up again on Ticketmaster. They've been playing the same games for YEARS with limited/multiple ticket releases......for this very reason, the same people fall for it every single time.....Pavlov may have been on to something.
    Actually, this kind of suggests Pavlov wasn't onto anything - clearly we can't be taught. :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    AeroGem wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:

Thornhill representttttt

Richmond Hill,working in thornhill here ;)

Nice. Working downtown at Queen and Yonge, but live at Yonge and Clark. I never saw anyone on the board from around these parts until 2 of you in one thread!

But back to the task at hand. I find that the extra block of tix usually goes onsale in the days before the show.
  • Options
    Maybe we could get together for a drink one day. :D

I'm not gonna give up. Might have to bump some of my friends who were looking to go with me though. :oops: From 6 lawns, I'll make it 4 lawn tix. That would be sweeeet.
  • Options
    vic in T.O.vic in T.O. Posts: 385
    Richmond Hill,working in thornhill here ;)[/quote]

Nice. Working downtown at Queen and Yonge, but live at Yonge and Clark. I never saw anyone on the board from around these parts until 2 of you in one thread!

But back to the task at hand. I find that the extra block of tix usually goes onsale in the days before the show.[/quote]
    I work at Bathurst/Center St.

Yes,ticketmaster will have tickets 1-2 days before the show and sometimes the day of.....i bought quite a few EV tickets last summer that way.
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,722
    mmm .. 2nd nighter, acc style. mmm ...

mmmacc-1.jpg
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

mmmacc-1.jpg
    I think I'd prefer ACC be the first night, and Amphitheatre the second.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

mmmacc-1.jpg

A Thursday Night with Pearl Jam @ The ACC.
    A Friday Night with Pearl Jam @ The Molson Amphitheatre

Oh mama!!! drool.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

mmmacc-1.jpg

A Thursday Night with Pearl Jam @ The ACC.
    A Friday Night with Pearl Jam @ The Molson Amphitheatre

Oh mama!!! drool.gif
    Another thought - BMO Field would be a LOT of fun!

EV
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 364
    benjs wrote:

BMO would be great.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    PeterED wrote:
    benjs wrote:

BMO would be great.

where's BMO?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    PeterED wrote:
    benjs wrote:

BMO would be great.

where's BMO?
    It's right near the Ex, it's where the Toronto FC soccer team plays, and everyone I know who's been has loved it there.
    http://www4.bmo.com/vgn/images/portal/SYSTEM%20(Site)_81/BMO%20FG%20(Site)_35330/BMO%20(Site)_1007962/BMO%20English%20(Site)_1030283/215691542.jpg
    Genesis and several other bands have played there already.

EV