Mark Lanegan
    Therapy?
    Isis
    The Sword
    Baroness
    Pelican
    Mastodon
    DeeExpus

The Sword! Another band's latest CD I haven't checked out yet. Their first one kicks ass!!!
    Is Therapy? still alive! :shock:
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    demetrios wrote:

The Sword! Another band's latest CD I haven't checked out yet. Their first one kicks ass!!!

Therapy? is still aliving and kicking some major ass!!

They recorded their last album in Newcastle and played there last week - it's been a long time since I've seen a whole crowd have so much fun!

The Sword's new album is amazing too - you need to check it out D! Great stoner rock! 8-):D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    strummers wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Therapy? is still aliving and kicking some major ass!!

They recorded their last album in Newcastle and played there last week - it's been a long time since I've seen a whole crowd have so much fun!

The Sword's new album is amazing too - you need to check it out D! Great stoner rock! 8-):D

Will do! :)
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,117
    How about "Silversun Pickups". The new cd sounds great, the new single Panic Switch is cool.
  • Options
    La MeninaLa Menina Posts: 30
    My dream list of opening acts might be a bit quirky, but I'm hoping they branch out a bit...

TV on the Radio
    Mogwai
    Devotchka
    Yo La Tengo
    The National
    Film School
    Stereolab
    YYY
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. . .
    PJsiggie.jpg
  • Options
    La Menina wrote:
    YYY

flower.gif
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    demetrios wrote:
    La Menina wrote:
    YYY

flower.gif
    Awwwww....another vote :) hehe
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    Mogwai and Pelican. Very nice suggestions. How about Telekenesis? They are rocking my socks off right now. Or Metric- did anyone mention them yet?
  • Options
    How about "Silversun Pickups". The new cd sounds great, the new single Panic Switch is cool.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

They are awesome, even if they "borrow" from Smashing Pumpkins.
  • Options
    kr472211kr472211 Posts: 191
    I'd like to see TL/RX again but Mudhoney would be sick
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    La Menina wrote:
    My dream list of opening acts might be a bit quirky, but I'm hoping they branch out a bit...

TV on the Radio
    Mogwai
    Devotchka
    Yo La Tengo
    The National
    Film School
    Stereolab
    YYY

I like a lot of these suggestions ...

Don't really see DeVotchKa as the type of band that would open for PJ ... but, they are fantastic live.

Film School ... nice.

I think The Duke Spirit would be a great opening act ... I think their schedule is free after Outside Lands.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    CraneCrane Posts: 192
    edited May 2009
    Mars Volta!!..............They've a new album in June too :)
    Post edited by Crane on
    "The mind is a wonderfull thing to be altered"

The Point, Dublin 2006
    Bercy, Paris September 11, 2006
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf, 2007
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    Here's one from out of left field... I'd love to see Beck open a show. And maybe give us something special from Beck and Eddie together, ala Concert for Artists' Rights.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    La MeninaLa Menina Posts: 30
    jimed14 wrote:
    Don't really see DeVotchKa as the type of band that would open for PJ ...

I know, I know... I don't really thing any of those bands would have a shot in hell at opening, but a girl can dream. :mrgreen:

+1 on Mars Volta
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. . .
    PJsiggie.jpg
  • Options
    La Menina wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

I know, I know... I don't really thing any of those bands would have a shot in hell at opening, but a girl can dream. :mrgreen:

+1 on Mars Volta
    After seeing the Mars Volta open for the Chili Peppers, I can now say I would not pay to see those guys, unless I was paying them to never play music again.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    benjs wrote:
    La Menina wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

+1 on Mars Volta
    After seeing the Mars Volta open for the Chili Peppers, I can now say I would not pay to see those guys, unless I was paying them to never play music again.

+1
    Took my brother to that show for his first concert ever and now I'm afraid he's been traumatized.
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    La Menina wrote:
    [quot="jimed14"]

+1 on Mars Volta

+1
    Took my brother to that show for his first concert ever and now I'm afraid he's been traumatized.
    It was brutal. Hurt my ears for real.

EV
  • Options
    tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
    So Many Dynamos!
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    icemanap wrote:
    Up and coming band The Sound Ex are fantastic. They are from Newcastle but I don't think they will be mentioned. Give them a listen though. Proper garage rockers. Best support act I have ever seen, when they supported Datsuns.

What about Airbourne Toxic Event (seeing them tonight)?
    Gaslight Anthem?
    Twisted Wheel?
    The Hold Steady?
    Powderfinger (aussie band, absolutely outstanding)

Keep the hold steady away from PJ. I saw them last night with the counting crows and i wanted to murder them
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    X
    The Black Keys
    Okkervil River would be cool
    Neko Case would be cool too
    Two Gallants

Christ, as long as I'm seeing Pearl Jam, I'll be satisfied.

Thats it right there, the Black Keys. seen them on every uk tour and they are awsome
  • Options
    I want Eric Serra to open! 8-)
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    eddie vedder
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ya know.....that wouldn't surprise me :|:)
  • Options
    notradebaxxnotradebaxx Posts: 198
    -Titus Andronicus
    -White Denim
    -Hold steady (stay positive probably one of my top albums from last year)
    -Bon Iver (really sad but amazing 1st album)
    -Dr dog
    -fleet foxes
    -gaslight anthem
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    The Fleet Foxes would be cool too
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    La Menina wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

+1 on Mars Volta

They're not for everyone. Amazing musicians though and I think the more you listen to them the more you get what they're doing. I personally hate the Chilli Peppers. Only they could make a double album completely full of filler.
    :lol:

The Point, Dublin 2006
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    First time I saw the Mars Volta, it was in 2003. Just amazing show. It was not long after the At the Drive-In break up and I think they still had their ATDI ethic on stage; presence, movements, interaction with the crowd... I mean, everything.

Second time, it was in 2005 I think, after their second full length album was out. Never left a show before the end... until that one! "Inertiatic ESP" lasted 1h30!!!! At one point, I thought that they were jamming for the fun of it until I noticed that it was the same f.... song!!! Anyway, just couldn't stand it. Sorry but Omar ain't Eric Clapton! His solos are repetitive and boring!

Last, I think they opened for both System of a Down and Red Hot Chili Peppers and I just couldn't stand it!!!! I'd go for a beer with my friends while they were playing. But I have to say that RHCP wasn't any better; 2006 shows really sucked for them. Frusciante ain't no Eric Clapton either...

Sooooooooo, NO MARS VOLTA TO OPEN, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    Zidane wrote:
    First time I saw the Mars Volta, it was in 2003. Just amazing show. It was not long after the At the Drive-In break up and I think they still had their ATDI ethic on stage; presence, movements, interaction with the crowd... I mean, everything.

Second time, it was in 2005 I think, after their second full length album was out. Never left a show before the end... until that one! "Inertiatic ESP" lasted 1h30!!!! At one point, I thought that they were jamming for the fun of it until I noticed that it was the same f.... song!!! Anyway, just couldn't stand it. Sorry but Omar ain't Eric Clapton! His solos are repetitive and boring!

Last, I think they opened for both System of a Down and Red Hot Chili Peppers and I just couldn't stand it!!!! I'd go for a beer with my friends while they were playing. But I have to say that RHCP wasn't any better; 2006 shows really sucked for them. Frusciante ain't no Eric Clapton either...

To use a line from one of the greatest sitcomes ever Father Ted

"Well we'll just agree to disagree ok?"

"No we won't agree to disagree, because you're very very wrong" :D

The Point, Dublin 2006
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Crane wrote:
    Zidane wrote:

To use a line from one of the greatest sitcomes ever Father Ted

"Well we'll just agree to disagree ok?"

"No we won't agree to disagree, because you're very very wrong" :D

Hahaha!!! I guess we agree on how RHCP really suck now! I thought you were polite by saying that their double album was made of fillers... I thought it was made of shit! And to rip off the great Tom Petty... No shame!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa