Options

Opening Band Requests

mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Ok, I'll start. I fully realize this decision has probably already been made, HOWEVER, my vote goes to:

a.) My Morning Jacket- sure it's been done, but what a phenomenal band and how great do they work together

b.) Black Rebel Motorcycle Club- OMG. That's all I can say.

c.) Grand Duchy- killin' it right now. more people need to know...

if I think of anything else, I'll add it later... your turn.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deep_schismicdeep_schismic Bremen, Germany Posts: 158
    AMEN to BRMC 8-)
    //ten.club.#352XXX//
    ***melbourne.19.2.2003|berlin.23.9.2006|berlin.15.08.2009|berlin.04.07.2012|berlin.05.07.2012|amsterdam 16.06.2014|berlin 26.06.2014
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Up and coming band The Sound Ex are fantastic. They are from Newcastle but I don't think they will be mentioned. Give them a listen though. Proper garage rockers. Best support act I have ever seen, when they supported Datsuns.

What about Airbourne Toxic Event (seeing them tonight)?
    Gaslight Anthem?
    Twisted Wheel?
    The Hold Steady?
    Powderfinger (aussie band, absolutely outstanding)
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    If they come to Aus; I'd love to see Machina as the opening act :D LOVE THEM! and they've got their first album coming out soon, so great timing :)
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    Gomez would be awesome. or how bout Jack White's new band, The Dead Weather.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    RubberbandmanRubberbandman Posts: 439
    Gaslight Anthem?
    second that motion
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Karen O say's yes to Pearl Jam! ;)
  • Options
    Pardon my ignorance :oops: but who's Karen O?
  • Options

She's the lead singer, the goddess, the one I love, from the band, Yeah Yeah Yeah's! :D
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

She's the lead singer, the goddess, the one I love, from the band, Yeah Yeah Yeah's! :D
    Oops hehe....just googled it as u were replying :) Yep 'Zero' is all over the radio here atm.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Oops hehe....just googled it as u were replying :)

:)

what do you think? they are amazing! a few opening show's by them would for sure rock! you won't have to sit down during their set! ;)
  • Options
    Yep 'Zero' is all over the radio here atm.

Love that video. Don't know if I would let her dance on top of my Grand Am though like that. lol
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Please, oh please, no more MMJ or Kings Of Leon. I mean, really like those bands but I think it's time for something different.

Any new bands that we're not aware of would be great. I think it's the main purpose of having an opening band; to discover new talents!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    edited May 2009
    demetrios wrote:

:)

what do you think? they are amazing! a few opening show's by them would for sure rock! you won't have to sit down during their set! ;)
    They'd be good.
    I have my heart set on Machina though haha......doesn't hurt to dream :D:lol:
    Post edited by ozsmalltowngirl on
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Here's a random list

1. State Radio
    2. The Vandals
    3. Mudhoney
    4. Dinosaur, Jr.
    5. AFI
    6. Local H (Chicago Shows)
    7. MGMT
    8. Drive by Truckers
    9. Spoon
    10. Street Sweeper
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    Zidane wrote:
    Please, oh please, no more MMJ or Kings Of Leon. I mean, really like those bands but I think it's time for something different.

Any new bands that we're not aware of would be great. I think it's the main purpose of having an opening band; to discover new talents!

Very true! Same goes with Liam Finn. Great and all, but seeing him open with Ed, for 3 solo tours, you would think that's enough, let other's share some talent, right?
  • Options

It sure doesn't! Back in High School, metal year's, I so wanted to see Sepultura open for Pearl Jam. Seeing Pearl Jam & the band play Kaiowas LIVE!!! That would kick ass!!
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Actually saw Mudhoney for the first time last year (I know, it was about time!!!) and I wouldn't mind seeing them again. And why not a cover of "Kick out the Jams" as an encore with PJ, like they did in Brazil I think?
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    Zidane wrote:
    Actually saw Mudhoney for the first time last year (I know, it was about time!!!) and I wouldn't mind seeing them again. And why not a cover of "Kick out the Jams" as an encore with PJ, like they did in Brazil I think?

Yep, it be Brazil 2005. Plus Pearl Jam has already played with them during the Mauii Experience back in '98. Won't forget buying that bootleg experience when I was in Toronto to see Day's of The New; picking up my first ever cdr bootleg copy of that show, just a block down the street from the Much Music Station in Toronto! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

It sure doesn't! Back in High School, metal year's, I so wanted to see Sepultura open for Pearl Jam. Seeing Pearl Jam & the band play Kaiowas LIVE!!! That would kick ass!!
    Haha :D I'll keep everything crossed, eh ;) It'd be a dream come true to just be able to get Machina down here, let alone WITH PJ!! Hopefully November?? :D
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    BRING BACK THE FROGS!!! Jim Ward would be awesome.
  • Options
    Deadman wrote:
    BRING BACK THE FROGS!!! Jim Ward would be awesome.

Those guy's rock! dance2.gif

ARM473~The-Frogs-Posters.jpg
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    BRMC would be awesome
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I noticed the Dead Weather (Jack Whites new band)just released tour dates. They play Outside Lands Fest and Austin City Limits but have no dates in between. Wondering if they would be a possibility considering that is most likely when the West coast PJ dates will take place
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i would hang myself with most of the bands listed in this thread minus anything with Jack White, which i think would be great!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    X
    The Black Keys
    Okkervil River would be cool
    Neko Case would be cool too
    Two Gallants

Christ, as long as I'm seeing Pearl Jam, I'll be satisfied.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    pjalive21 wrote:
    i would hang myself with most of the bands listed in this thread minus anything with Jack White, which i think would be great!
    Hang yourself? That's harsh. It's probably much easier to just show up after their set. :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Hang yourself? That's harsh. It's probably much easier to just show up after their set. :)
    My thoughts exactly :?
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    The Black Keys!!!!!
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    pjalive21 wrote:
    My thoughts exactly :?
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Oceansize
    Amplifier
    Sufjan Stevens
    Mark Lanegan
    Therapy?
    Isis
    The Sword
    Baroness
    Pelican
    Mastodon
    DeeExpus
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>