Any chance for a 2nd Toronto show???

FenwickFenwick Posts: 43
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Just throwing it out there. If the fanclub presale and Edge presale were any indication, tomorrow's general onsale will sell out damn quickly. We need a second night in Toronto!!!

Now, the Amphitheatre is booked for the Thursday night before, and the Saturday night after. Therefore, I'm not going to hold my breath. That said, perhaps a show on the Wednesday would be plausible...or even a show at the ACC on Thursday or Saturday.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,498
    Fenwick wrote:
    Just throwing it out there. If the fanclub presale and Edge presale were any indication, tomorrow's general onsale will sell out damn quickly. We need a second night in Toronto!!!

Now, the Amphitheatre is booked for the Thursday night before, and the Saturday night after. Therefore, I'm not going to hold my breath. That said, perhaps a show on the Wednesday would be plausible...or even a show at the ACC on Thursday or Saturday.

no chance,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    Fenwick wrote:

They play in England on Tuesday, so I think Wednesday is out of the question. Saturday would be four days in a row, so you can rule that out. MAYBE Thursday, but I doubt it.
  • FenwickFenwick Posts: 43
    Detroit could be an option for the Saturday night...I'd be all in for a drive down for a show at the DTE...
  • AeroGemAeroGem Posts: 21
    Oh we need a second night in Toronto...They would have added it already if it was feasible. :cry: Unless some miracle happens :D
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    AeroGem wrote:
    Oh we need a second night in Toronto...They would have added it already if it was feasible. :cry: Unless some miracle happens :D
    Judging from the crowds at the '06 shows, Toronto fans need a warm-up night.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    how about no opener and a short acoustic set before the main set
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I don't even think Pearl Jam knows whats possible now. It's chaos!
    "It's all happening"
  • MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    cant be at the amphitheatre...kenny chesny thursday night, and great big sea saturday...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• I was wondering the same thing :(. I seriously don't want lawns for the one Toronto show but somehow managed to miss the 10c presale... the edge presala had awful seats, too. I'll have to try my luck tomorrow, will have to get out of work somehow at 2pm. So I would LOVE for another night in Toronto. I hate the Molson Amp anywyay, I wish they could play at a different venue if they did do another night (I know it's totally wishful thinking, but...!)
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,936
    I was wondering the same thing :(. I seriously don't want lawns for the one Toronto show but somehow managed to miss the 10c presale... the edge presala had awful seats, too. I'll have to try my luck tomorrow, will have to get out of work somehow at 2pm. So I would LOVE for another night in Toronto. I hate the Molson Amp anywyay, I wish they could play at a different venue if they did do another night (I know it's totally wishful thinking, but...!)
    Here's hoping the band's reading this - MASSEY HALL IS AVAILABLE ON THE 20TH!!! :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    'current information' says no
    I miss you hippiemom.
    'Current information' also made no mention of the second Chicago night.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    benjs wrote:
    I was wondering the same thing :(. I seriously don't want lawns for the one Toronto show but somehow managed to miss the 10c presale... the edge presala had awful seats, too. I'll have to try my luck tomorrow, will have to get out of work somehow at 2pm. So I would LOVE for another night in Toronto. I hate the Molson Amp anywyay, I wish they could play at a different venue if they did do another night (I know it's totally wishful thinking, but...!)
    Here's hoping the band's reading this - MASSEY HALL IS AVAILABLE ON THE 20TH!!! :D

Man, to see them at Massey Hall would be awesome! A 10c show there would be great... we can dream :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Tone wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Man, to see them at Massey Hall would be awesome! A 10c show there would be great... we can dream :D
    Can, and will!
    In any case - I'm just so psyched to see my favourite band in my hometown again. :mrgreen:

EV
  • TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    benjs wrote:
    'Current information' also made no mention of the second Chicago night.

it was a joke...
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • AeroGemAeroGem Posts: 21
    If they played Massey Hall I could die a happy girl...or a greedy one, because I'd still want another show added. :)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if matt says they are touring till december - i would suspect a major city us tour and i wouldn't be surprised if they came back near the end of that ... there are certain cities that they know they will sell out ... toronto is definitely one of them - it looks like they are touring more strategic these days ...