Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Ok, I watched some last night. Jesus Christ people!! Boobs, boobs, decapitations, and a midget. Wow. Wow.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Last 2 episodes was epic!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277

Ok, I watched some last night. Jesus Christ people!! Boobs, boobs, decapitations, and a midget. Wow. Wow.

MIdget? That's not very PC... He must only be referred to as The God of Tits And Wine!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    weak
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Liked the episode. So happy to see Uncle B back!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    2 previous episodes,was epic!!last one was meh...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    A set up episode. Anyone have a good website that breaks down all of Bran's flashback images?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I still don't understand the Arya story. I hope she kills that chick and escapes whatever that place is and joins up with the family in the north.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    A girl has a name again! Pretty excited that she looks to be headed back to Westeros to kill some baddies.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I've had enough of the house of black and white.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

I still don't understand the Arya story. I hope she kills that chick and escapes whatever that place is and joins up with the family in the north.

I am soooooo proud of her!!!! Ha...I'm gonna take needle and stick you with the pointy end! Go Arya :clap:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I don't understand the Arya story either. But the ending - oh, that was so fabulous.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I can imagine this story without dragons and magic.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,156
    i read that it is a distinct possibility that the wall could come down this season. :yikes:

i can't wait for the battle of the bastards. ramsey is going to wind up dead somehow. might as well be because of longclaw.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Confirmation that next season is only 7 episodes and the final will be 6 episodes

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Only 13 episodes after this season? Crap! I guess they are going to really start wrapping up this story!
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I just bought a giant thrones inspired drinking horn.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Hang on Arya.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    JK_Livin said:

Hang on Arya.

Exactly!!
    No Dany/Tyrion last night. :(
  • Options
    A very short episode. Where else could Sansa's raven be going if it isn't to Littlefinger?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JK_Livin said:

A very short episode. Where else could Sansa's raven be going if it isn't to Littlefinger?

I'm guessing that is where it is going. She knows she needs his soldiers now.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

I'm guessing that is where it is going. She knows she needs his soldiers now.
    That was my only guess as well. Begging him to pull strings to bring more than he intended to the battle.
  • Options
    I didn't think the Brotherhood slaughtered people for no reason. I thought they were thieves.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Hound!!!!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I didn't think the Brotherhood slaughtered people for no reason. I thought they were thieves.

What I think too. Will be interesting to see what the Hound finds out.
  • Options
    Agree again...one of the recaps I read this AM suggested it was the Brotherhood but that hadnt occurred to me just because they referenced the lord of the light. Thought the Brotherhood was helping the people not slaughtering them.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    I thought it was a good episode despite not a ton happening. Glad to see the Hound back! Was hoping to see more of Ian McShane but oh well. I was confused by the slaughter. I thought those dudes were the Brotherhood but I didn't think the Brotherhood did that kind of thing. Was that the Brotherhood?? Where do you think the Hound goes now?
    No question to me that Sansa sent the message to Littlefinger. I'm guessing he planned that. He probably knew that their quest for support wouldn't yield much of anything. He probably had his feet up just waiting to be contacted. Though, I'm still not sure who's side he's on.
    The one storyline that didn't make a tons of sense to me was Arya's. Didn't she think that they would be coming for her? She didn't make much of an attempt to blend in to society, then that old lady walking up to her seemed pretty obvious, yet she...one who was trained by the House apparently didn't see it coming.
  • Options
    Then maybe that wasn't her that was stabbed.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Maybe Arya as the Waif, stabbed the waif as Arya?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I thought it was a good episode despite not a ton happening. Glad to see the Hound back! Was hoping to see more of Ian McShane but oh well. I was confused by the slaughter. I thought those dudes were the Brotherhood but I didn't think the Brotherhood did that kind of thing. Was that the Brotherhood?? Where do you think the Hound goes now?
    No question to me that Sansa sent the message to Littlefinger. I'm guessing he planned that. He probably knew that their quest for support wouldn't yield much of anything. He probably had his feet up just waiting to be contacted. Though, I'm still not sure who's side he's on.
    The one storyline that didn't make a tons of sense to me was Arya's. Didn't she think that they would be coming for her? She didn't make much of an attempt to blend in to society, then that old lady walking up to her seemed pretty obvious, yet she...one who was trained by the House apparently didn't see it coming.

Littlefinger is always on his own side.

But seriously I do think he really was unaware of Ramsay and how bad he is, so he will side with the Starks for this battle.