A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I've heard the next two seasons may only be six episodes each, so with all of the story lines, it's time to ...

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    dankind said:

I know that I'm in the minority, but this season fucking sucks dragon dick!

It's way too tame without Martin's blueprint.

To put it on dorkspeak, because, after all, it's a thread for dorks: This season is like Return of the Jedi, whereas every other season is like The Empire Strikes Back. I'm waiting for a bunch of ewoks to defeat the white walkers and join the Starks at Winterfell for campfire snuggles over some s'mores.

I think Martin may have lost his own blueprint.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Hodor :bawling:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Not sure I enjoyed that episode. There's no way Sansa and Brienne leave Castle Black to meet Littlefinger without Jon Snow knowing.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,248
    I thought it was a great episode! Poor Hold the Door!
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I was a wreck last night. Sobbing as my husband said, "Well, I didn't see that coming." I love kick ass Sansa this season. Arya's storyline is a little meh, but I thought that blind/not blind thing was stupid in the book, too.
    So how much power does Bran have to control the past and future like that?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Possibly speak to family members, or interact in some way with them.
    White Walker king guy can see and touch him.
    And he can still warg to animals and dudes like Hodor.

Will be interesting to see the extent of his power. I hope they make it too crazy, otherwise he could just pop in and manipulate everything that has ever happened to this point.
    Like he pops in and tells his dad not to go to King's Landing with Robert. Comes out of the dream and they are all happily living in Winterfell. hahaha
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    mca47 said:

JK_Livin said:

Will be interesting to see the extent of his power. I hope they make it too crazy, otherwise he could just pop in and manipulate everything that has ever happened to this point.
    Like he pops in and tells his dad not to go to King's Landing with Robert. Comes out of the dream and they are all happily living in Winterfell. hahaha
    I'm totally confused by both the Bran and the Arya storylines, and last night didn't help at all. I'm going to have to watch repeats every night this week to understand what happened last night.

Who is the guy stuck in the tree leading Bran through the flashbacks? How did Bran come to meet up with him? Why is the White Walker after Bran?

As for Arya, I never understood the dead faces people, the blindness, the long-haired guy who apparently is her teacher. I need to go back many seasons. And now she's having visions too?

I'm lost!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Lots of questions...I think going back and watching/reading synopsis's will help you.

I like the episode overall but may want to re-watch as well. Dead tired last night and wasnt watching as closely as usual. I still love Arya and count her as my 2nd favorite character after Tyrion. Agree that I'm not sure about her story right now though. Want her to learn what is needed and then go back and be a bad ass in Westeros.

My wife was almost crying at Summer going down to the walkers/crazy ants....and then when it dawned on her that Hodor was done and that his life had been a very sad build up to this moment, I thought she was going to have another Jon Snow, Red Wedding, Ned Stark dying meltdown.

BTW, this was the funniest moment of the season so far to me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

mca47 said:

JK_Livin said:

I'm totally confused by both the Bran and the Arya storylines, and last night didn't help at all. I'm going to have to watch repeats every night this week to understand what happened last night.

Who is the guy stuck in the tree leading Bran through the flashbacks? How did Bran come to meet up with him? Why is the White Walker after Bran?

As for Arya, I never understood the dead faces people, the blindness, the long-haired guy who apparently is her teacher. I need to go back many seasons. And now she's having visions too?

I'm lost!
    Yeah, there is a ton going on right now and anything anyone can do at this point is speculate.
    There are many who believe that the old man in the tree is actually Bran and that history is circular/repeating itself. When Bran warged into Hodor, he did so when he was in a vision. The "hold the door" crossed time into Willis/Hodor when he was younger and while he was being killed Holding the Door, that damaged Willis' mind...making him Hodor. So that would be, at the very least, the second or third time history repeated itself. Perhaps old man Bran is trying to teach younger Bran how to successfully alter the past based on the mistakes he's made. The Mad King used to claim he heard inaudible/unidentifiable whispers. Perhaps that is Bran trying to communicate with him. After all, a young Ned Stark heard Bran in his vision though clearly not knowing what was said or where it came from.
    The "time is a flat repeating circle" thing is interesting, but I hope that doesn't pan out as to me it kind of cheapens the story. We'll see. If that isn't the case, something needs to explain why Hodor was Hordor in the present without a repeat in history. He was Hodor prior to any Bran intervention.

I think Arya is just trying to become badass and is using the training still as a means to mark people off her list. What's his face (long haired guy) clearly was testing her by sending her to the play.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    Really, full tv screen PENIS??? Ughh, so not the same kind of "nudity" you get from the ladies...lol.
    I def have to go back and watch again, it's sooooo confusing. What does Littlefinger want? I wish Sansa killed the prick.
    The making of the White Walkers, the whole Bran story has me confused. Also, where can that girl go with the sled? All I see is doom and gloom :anguished:

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    What source do you recommend for synopses and other show info? I know it helps to review, but whenever I do, I wonder if I'm looking at the best source.

Last summer I read book one. I'm not a fast reader, and I'm bad at remembering character names. I'm going to read the second one this summer. We'll see how that goes

What source do you recommend for synopses and other show info? I know it helps to review, but whenever I do, I wonder if I'm looking at the best source.

Last summer I read book one. I'm not a fast reader, and I'm bad at remembering character names. I'm going to read the second one this summer. We'll see how that goes

I like to get a recap/review of the episodes on IGN.com. They also have a video "Dragons on the Wall" after each episode where two people discuss the things that happened on the last show. It's pretty good!
    That and I see a ton of stuff on my Facebook feed
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Watchers on the wall or one of the fan sites should have excellent reviews, I would check there.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    After the Thrones isn't too bad if you have HBO Go.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,136
    Never watched a second of this show. Why do people think it's so awesome? 30 character limit. Go.
    www.cluthelee.com

Never watched a second of this show. Why do people think it's so awesome? 30 character limit. Go.

Cuz it's awesome n' stuff!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Boobs, tits, knockers, dragons, now dicks, warging, resurrection, Kings, queens, swords, fire, blood, zombies, giant wolves, bastards
    Costumes. I love the costumes.
    And Kit Harrington is hot.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,136
    DewieCox said:

Boobs, tits, knockers, dragons, now dicks, warging, resurrection, Kings, queens, swords, fire, blood, zombies, giant wolves, bastards

YES!!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Amazing realization of spectacular books.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485

House of Cards with dragons.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Are there any triangle to speak of in this movie?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    DewieCox said:

You forgot the imp!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375

DewieCox said:

YES!!
    Ha!

Love this show!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Sprunkn7 said:

Really, full tv screen PENIS??? Ughh, so not the same kind of "nudity" you get from the ladies...lol.
    I def have to go back and watch again, it's sooooo confusing. What does Littlefinger want? I wish Sansa killed the prick.
    The making of the White Walkers, the whole Bran story has me confused. Also, where can that girl go with the sled? All I see is doom and gloom :anguished:

She's going to jump on that sled and ride it down the mountain.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Can Bran warg into the head White Walker King guy?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895

Game of Thrones wiki usually has a pretty thorough write up the day after the show. Not necessarily a review, but more of a "here's what just happened". When I was binging the first couple seasons, I would watch an episode, then read the wiki recap.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Door (latest episode)