10C COME ON!!

Comments

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    Tickets are still available! So whats the problem???? Just got mine 14 minutes ago.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Tickets are still available! So whats the problem???? Just got mine 14 minutes ago.

What about those folks who don't have the luxury of being near a computer? For example, a nurse who works a 12 hour shift?
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

What about those folks who don't have the luxury of being near a computer? For example, a nurse who works a 12 hour shift?
    How do you know tickets won't still be available after that 12 hour shift???
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I'm not saying the way 10c is doing this is right, but no matter what they do, theres always going to be a group of people that are pissed off with the way theyre doing things. There's just no way to keep everyone happy.
  • jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    People wonder why 'the rest of the world' is surprised to learn that Pearl Jam is still 'a band'...

I don't even know what they're doing... when they're doing it... where they're doing it...

or if they'll ever do it anywhere near me ... or anywhere I can afford to go...

if I have time/space to go there ... and if I'd know it was happening before the 10C presale sold out?

and I'm their #213356 Fan!

Vive La Flight To Mars! and Thank Bacchus Mike and Stone 'Think Globally and Play Locally'

Hell... maybe 'Loaded' will be my 'new band'? :roll:
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

I shake my fist at all of the powers that be.
    angry_fist.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588

Nurses don't like Pearl Jam.

Problem solved.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

I'm not saying the way 10c is doing this is right, but no matter what they do, theres always going to be a group of people that are pissed off with the way theyre doing things. There's just no way to keep everyone happy.

That's absolutely true! And, as I mentioned previously, I've always been in full support of 10C. However, this latest announcement/ticket sale thing is completely ridiculous and not ideal.

• hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930

This is a very large group of people pissed. Pretty much the majority. There was a 12 page thread created last week more or less begging them to announce all the dates or at least regions at once. Unfortunately things will never change around here because they already have our annual $20. It's a disgrace and is them basically saying take it or leave it...our way or the highway.
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    redrock wrote:
    It's immediate sale, but it seems there are a lot more tickets available.

It's not only the issues of tix being available, but what about giving folks (who have commitments such as work, school, family ) time to organize their obligations?!

No kidding... we're not all young and carefree anymore... we have commitments, work and things to plan around. August/September are the two busiest months for me. Yes, it's my choice to go and see PJ, but I went ahead and bought tix to Toronto hoping like crazy that my boss allows me to go (he's currently in Australia, so not handy to contact)... I also have to go to Australia around that time and now have to hope that work doesn't decide I'm going while TO and Outside Lands is happening (since I'm now booked to go to both). A couple of days notice that tix were going on sale would have been great. Yes, we knew Canada and Chicago, but we didn't know the extent and certainly not only 2 shows! For all we knew, they might have announced a Sept/Oct tour around Canada, the midwest and the west coast!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,081
    Maybe this way is some sort of subliminal compromise. Think about all the people who would love to go to a ton of shows (if I had the money I would go to every show, or as many as possible), a lot of locals are getting shut out or at the very least getting a lot crappier seats. This way if they don't give people time to plan, it gives people in the area a chance to go for sure and then maybe the people who are planning PJ trips have to hesitate a little to make sure they can go to London, Berlin, Chicago, TO, etc.
    I personally like the times of the 2003 tour when you knew you could go to as many PJ shows as you wanted and didn't have to worry about getting shut out. It seems a lot of the time you have to make sure you are a slave to the computer to make sure you are online the second they go on sale (NY 2008), or you might be SOL. Hopefully this alleviates some of that. I see there are still tickets to Chi and TO 2 hours after they went on sale, so it seems to be working, even though the server was too crowded until an hour after they went on sale.
    If this new way allows more locals to make it to shows and get better seats then that might be the price we pay, but most of us aren't lucky enough to travel to most of the shows, and to those who are may just have to live with not being able to plan a trip before purchasing tickets. Just my 2 cents.
    Does it really matter if tickets go on sale immediately or in 2 days? Isn't every event in the history of ticket sales always first come first serve until there are no more tickets available? Regardless of when they go on sale? In 2 days wouldn't a nurse working a 12 hour shift still have the same problem? I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to make a point. Cant always make evryone happy. Funny thing is, when the 4 Euro dates were announced and went on sale immediately and people were then thrown into a lottery system, I didn't see a single post on here bitching! NOT ONE!!!! My immediate thought when I noticed this was, "just wait until US dates get announced and see how much bitching there is."
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i just got this email!!!!

seriously 10C enough is enough with this crap...ive defended you over and over again and its getting really tough to now
    Tone wrote:
    redrock wrote:

It's not only the issues of tix being available, but what about giving folks (who have commitments such as work, school, family ) time to organize their obligations?!

No kidding... we're not all young and carefree anymore... we have commitments, work and things to plan around. August/September are the two busiest months for me. Yes, it's my choice to go and see PJ, but I went ahead and bought tix to Toronto hoping like crazy that my boss allows me to go (he's currently in Australia, so not handy to contact)... I also have to go to Australia around that time and now have to hope that work doesn't decide I'm going while TO and Outside Lands is happening (since I'm now booked to go to both). A couple of days notice that tix were going on sale would have been great. Yes, we knew Canada and Chicago, but we didn't know the extent and certainly not only 2 shows! For all we knew, they might have announced a Sept/Oct tour around Canada, the midwest and the west coast!

At the very least, I would hope 10C would acknowledge the frustration over the announcement/ticket sale. Again, I realize that someone will always be unhappy with the way things are, but it seems the majority is disappointed and frustrated with the debacle.

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205
    Tickets are still available for both shows!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Does it really matter if tickets go on sale immediately or in 2 days? Isn't every event in the history of ticket sales always first come first serve until there are no more tickets available? Regardless of when they go on sale? In 2 days wouldn't a nurse working a 12 hour shift still have the same problem? I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to make a point. Cant always make evryone happy. Funny thing is, when the 4 Euro dates were announced and went on sale immediately and people were then thrown into a lottery system, I didn't see a single post on here bitching! NOT ONE!!!! My immediate thought when I noticed this was, "just wait until US dates get announced and see how much bitching there is."
    We used to get a week plus notice before tikets went on sale, after a leg of a tour was announced. Gives folks time to get money arranged properly and check finances and whatnot. Not everyone can just shit out $200 on a blink of an eye without forethought. I miss those days.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    That's absolutely true! And, as I mentioned previously, I've always been in full support of 10C. However, this latest announcement/ticket sale thing is completely ridiculous and not ideal.
    I have to agree, I've never complained and have always been gracious to 10c. But there's such obvious communication flaws that even I am seriously disappointed. I don't know if it's 10C or band management, but this latest snafu has to take the cake.

Yes it does. People need to clear funds, arrange vacation days, etc. I don't know how anybody could possibly defend how they did this. Take the blinders off people.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    aNiMaL wrote:
    We used to get a week plus notice before tikets went on sale, after a leg of a tour was announced. Gives folks time to get money arranged properly and check finances and whatnot. Not everyone can just shit out $200 on a blink of an eye without forethought. I miss those days.

exactly....and where was it stated by 10c prior to this or the euro sale that tickets would go on sale at the same time the shows were announced?

oh that's right, it wasn't

it's the severe lack of communication from 10c that is really pissing me off

Yes it does. People need to clear funds, arrange vacation days, etc. I don't know how anybody could possibly defend how they did this. Take the blinders off people.

Agreed! And, I like your Cosby avatar! :D

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    redrock wrote:

I agree but when we did get a few days notice, the tickets were sold out in a matter of minutes. You HAD to be at your computer the moment they went on sale. This time (and for Europe), there seems to be enough tickets for people to take a couple of days to think about it, etc. So no mad rush to be 'on the dot' the moment the sale starts.

Another poster was saying that maybe it's a subtle way to 'give priority' to the locals?

Not sure if this is the right way or not, but now that we know how it's done...... (or do we :? :? :? :? )
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I agree but when we did get a few days notice, the tickets were sold out in a matter of minutes. You HAD to be at your computer the moment they went on sale. This time (and for Europe), there seems to be enough tickets for people to take a couple of days to think about it, etc. So no mad rush to be 'on the dot' the moment the sale starts.

Another poster was saying that maybe it's a subtle way to 'give priority' to the locals?

Not sure if this is the right way or not, but now that we know how it's done...... (or do we :? :? :? :? )

i have no problem with this current system (if it really is) but at least mention it somewhere....anywhere!

and no more tweets...just fucking tell us what will be happening!!
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    yosi wrote:

Problem solved.

I thought I was going to nursing school so I could afford the tickets....just to find out that nurses don't like PJ...

la sigh.... :|
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    There is nothing else that needs to be said people are pissed ...i hope there are more shows scheduled :arrow: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    i agree with all of you that there are some serious communication problems BUT i also like the way they are dropping these dates/ tickets without notice. i have a job, wife, daughter and cant travel around following the band so doing it this way helps the people close to the shows that don't have to worry about travel. i wish i could be at one of these and there are STILL tix available to both shows 4 hours after they went on sale!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.

Agreed! And, I like your Cosby avatar! :D

edited May 2009
    EDIT: After careful consideration and searching my inner soul I realized I was way out of line attacking someone's job. I don't know Tim, I've never watched him work....that was a dick thing for me to bring up.
    Post edited by hopethatuchoke on
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    yosi wrote:

Problem solved.

I thought I was going to nursing school so I could afford the tickets....just to find out that nurses don't like PJ...

Bummer. At least now you don't have to stress about shows... ;)
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• dana_bdana_b Posts: 141

Problem solved.

That's true. As soon as I graduated from nursing school, i realized that Eddie is a douche and Stone is the cause of ALL problems.

Of course that doesn't say much for me - the dumb nurse who continues to pay 10 Club dues every year. ;)
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    It's not so bad, really. It's not like the tix went on sale in goods whole days before any announcement, like with Chorzow and Copenhagen from 07.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!