Options

10C COME ON!!

PldgMyGrievancePldgMyGrievance Posts: 276
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Putting tickets on sale the same day as announcing the shows? What the hell? People have been complaining about the way you do things since 2004 and now your going backwards. Your making things worse.

If you have a legitimate reason for doing this, then ok, I'll understand. But if not, this is the most assbackwards way of selling 10C tickets. You have to give people forewarning so they have a chance to be at the comp to get tickets, and/or find the funds to buy tickets. Please rethink your way doing things.

Edit: For those who couldnt understand, I fixed the title of the thread.
4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
7/8/03 MSG
7/9/03 MSG
7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
10/1/04 Reading Penn
10/3/05 Philly
5/13/06 Hartford, CT
5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
6/19/08 Camden, NJ
6/24/08 MSG
6/25/08 MSG
6/27/08 Hartford, CT
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
New York, New York 05-21-2010
New York, New York 05-20-2010
East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    one?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Come All!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Come one, come all!!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    this is going backwards.

Just announce them all at once. I get that some may still be "in the works" so just wait to do them ALL
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I like it. There are still tickets available as we speak. I wish I could make the trip. I'd buy them right now.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I agree. I do not like putting tickets up for sale the moment the show is announced. Was there an issue with announcing the show a week or so in advanced of selling the tickets?

Thankfully, I have yet to be affected as there seems to be no Seattle shows in sight. :?
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Lizard wrote:
    this is going backwards.

Just announce them all at once. I get that some may still be "in the works" so just wait to do them ALL
    Yeah this way is pretty annoying. 4 shows here, 2 shows there, single festival announcements. It makes it hard to plan money, travel and time issues. And tickets going on sale right away? At least give 1 day to see the announcement and be able to do some leg work.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Agreed. I hate to say it, but it sucks. At least give everyone two days to figure out how readjust their finances in order to afford tickets and travel.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    i agree. i mean come on, people were always really upset over only getting a few days notice let alone none at all! i dont see how this could possibly benefit anyone, it just makes everything more stressful. its like, once people know about a tweet they have to scrounge up money/time off in the 2 days notice they are given in the hopes that the cryptic tweet is about somewhere near them. it's not only unfair but extremely annoying. and what about the majority of the 10c that don't go on this board as much as us losers? by the time some people get the emails the tickets would have already been gone. how is this in any way fair???
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    snipes824 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    this is going backwards.

Yeah this way is pretty annoying. 4 shows here, 2 shows there, single festival announcements. It makes it hard to plan money, travel and time issues.

I think that might be part of the point. It gives the hometown folks -- ie the folks who might be able to commit to a show right away -- the home-court advantage. I also think it limits the traffic that might be swamping the website at once.

Just sayin'
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I also think it limits the traffic that might be swamping the website at once.

Just sayin'

Oh yeah! That definitely helped keep the site from crashing! :roll:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Yeah, this is rather annoying. I was considering going to the Toronto show, but would rather just go to Philly/DC/Pittsburgh if one of those were announced. Now, I have to decide between going or waiting ... and as we all know the Philly anouncement is coming fairly soon, how hard would it have been to wait a week and announce these all together? I usually hate when people are critical, but this is just frustrating. Don't even get me started on tickets going on sale immediately...
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    this is really lame 10c
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It's immediate sale, but it seems there are a lot more tickets available.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    this is really lame 10c

I've always been a complete supporter of 10C...but I'm really frustrated with the way they're running things over there right now (and I wasn't even trying for tix!)!

Tickets on sale before the announcement is even made? Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

• Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,622
    drew0 wrote:
    and as we all know the Philly anouncement is coming fairly soon

We do know this?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    I can't wait to sit around for hours next week to see which two shows are added to the tour.

I also can't wait for someone who bought tickets to Chicago/Toronto to come on this thread to bash us for talking bad about 10C.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    redrock wrote:
    It's immediate sale, but it seems there are a lot more tickets available.

It's not only the issues of tix being available, but what about giving folks (who have commitments such as work, school, family ) time to organize their obligations?!

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Agreed. I hate to say it, but it sucks. At least give everyone two days to figure out how readjust their finances in order to afford tickets and travel.
    I have to agree with this, and the weekly tweet thing is really annoying.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Lizard wrote:
    this is going backwards.

You mean, It's de-evolution baby???
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:
    this is really lame 10c

I've always been a complete supporter of 10C...but I'm really frustrated with the way they're running things over there right now (and I wasn't even trying for tix!)!

Tickets on sale before the announcement is even made? Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

i'm with you m....10c has done some wacky shit but this is complete bullshit....
  • Options
    You mean, It's de-evolution baby???

Winner!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    As someone who has the luxury of being in front of a computer on days like this AND was able to score Toronto tickets, yeah, this is a totally shitty way of doing things. This gives us absolutely no time to plan for travel, decide which shows we'd like to see, etc.

The only thing I can figure is that the goal of this is to have less of us traveling to 6 or 7 shows a tour. I dunno WHY they'd be going for that, but nothing else makes sense.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I can't wait to sit around for hours next week to see which two shows are added to the tour.

I also can't wait for someone who bought tickets to Chicago/Toronto to come on this thread to bash us for talking bad about 10C.

I wouldn't consider our frustrations "bashing". It seems to me the majority of the members are unhappy with the way things are going down. Voicing an honest opinion I consider to be an ok thing to do...not necessarily "bashing".

• Options
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    this is really lame 10c

i'm with you m....10c has done some wacky shit but this is complete bullshit....

Agreed. But, as I mentioned on fb...they have us by the huevos...they KNOW we'll suck it up and buy tix...because we have no other choice. (It's the same reason gas is so expensive in Cali.)

• Options

I wouldn't consider our frustrations "bashing". It seems to me the majority of the members are unhappy with the way things are going down. Voicing an honest opinion I consider to be an ok thing to do...not necessarily "bashing".

I think it was Kirkegaard...no, perhaps it was Jean Paul Sartre who said:

1. The customer is always right
    2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule #1.

PBM

• Options

I think it was Kirkegaard...no, perhaps it was Jean Paul Sartre who said:

1. The customer is always right
    2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule #1.

PBM

The customer is always right...until the supplier has something the customer REEEEEEEEEALLY REALLY wants. And then the supplier has the customer by the huevos.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    norm wrote:
    this is really lame 10c
    Let us not forget that 10c is merely the conduit, methinks the gripe would more likely lie with band management.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    norm wrote:
    this is really lame 10c
    Let us not forget that 10c is merely the conduit, methinks the gripe would more likely lie with band management.

I shake my fist at all of the powers that be.

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Poncier wrote:
    norm wrote:
    this is really lame 10c

I shake my fist at all of the powers that be.
    You go on with your bad self! ;)