WOW 1985 pizza commercial! hahaha wow.

So yup looks like its only Canada shows. Have fun Canada :mrgreen:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Love me a good Chi-town pre-party :D

Hopefully this goes up on Monday or after. Don't want to miss anything on Sunday while traveling home from FTM :(
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Love me a good Chi-town pre-party :D

Hopefully this goes up on Monday or after. Don't want to miss anything on Sunday while traveling home from FTM :(
    Wish I could have made it back up to see you a gain this year, but after driving to see Sue and Dawn last weekend, it was just too much crossing the mountain and back in 1 night..7 hours one way! Hugs to you!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    givenfliersgivenfliers Posts: 144
    bob mckenzie is from vancouver eh!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    PJ_kidd wrote:

the last time there was a full out " canadian" tour,

they ended it with 2 in atlantic city and 1 in philly.

Maybe this time it'll be the spectrum as opposed to the wachy center ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

the last time there was a full out " canadian" tour,

they ended it with 2 in atlantic city and 1 in philly.

Maybe this time it'll be the spectrum as opposed to the wachy center ?
    There is not going to be a full blown Canadian tour. There will most likely be 1 shows, possibly two. But who knows ... There isn't time for a full blown Canadian tour given everything else we already know. I think the Canada reference was just for the Toronto show ... unless they are going to play Montreal the day before, but I doubt that.

Edit: there will be more shows announced, even if not on Monday and I think Philly shows are a strong possibility.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    If I had to guess, it would be a mini-Canadian tour (Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary) then heading to the West Coast (Seattle, LA, San Fran, Denver) then the South (Atlanta, Raleigh, Nasvhille, Houston, Miami) then the North (Chicago, Philly, Boston, NYC, DC, St. Louis, maybe Pittsburgh/Detroit/Cleveland/Indy/Milwaukee). Just my guess - the South/West with a good amount of Canada dates thrown in then ending it with the big markets (Chicago, Boston, Philly, NYC) with some fun along the way (DC, Detroit, Indy, St Louis).
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Somehow I didn't see this yesterday!! :shock:
    :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    drew0 wrote:
    If I had to guess, it would be a mini-Canadian tour (Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary) then heading to the West Coast (Seattle, LA, San Fran, Denver) then the South (Atlanta, Raleigh, Nasvhille, Houston, Miami) then the North (Chicago, Philly, Boston, NYC, DC, St. Louis, maybe Pittsburgh/Detroit/Cleveland/Indy/Milwaukee). Just my guess - the South/West with a good amount of Canada dates thrown in then ending it with the big markets (Chicago, Boston, Philly, NYC) with some fun along the way (DC, Detroit, Indy, St Louis).

Hmmm... All of that could be correct except for the Seattle part :roll:
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    twolegsyieldtwolegsyield Posts: 134
    i like what drew0 had to say...
    doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you...

Pittsburgh '00
    PennState '03; Camden 1 '03; Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Ottawa '05; Borgata 2 '05
    Ed Sullivan Theater '06; Hartford '06; NJ 1-2 '06
    WPB '08; Tampa '08; EV Newark '08
    EV Ft. Lauderale '12
    Ft. Lauderale '16; Miami '16
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i like what drew0 had to say...
    +1..
    gotta come south..keep my in my truck :D
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    drew0 wrote:

If they come to Indy, I'm buying the drinks!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,183
    edited May 2009
    RockMama wrote:
    The headquarters for Pizza Hut (as mentioned in video above) is near Dallas.

Bob McKenzie is Canadian actor and he and Doug did a pizza hut commercial back in the day.... so its Canada!!! hopefully Moncton or atleast Halifax will be one of the stops!!!

Ok Bob and Doug Mackenzie are CHARACTERS played by Canadian Actors Dave Thomas (who plays Doug) who is from St. Catharines Ontario and Rick Moranis (who plays BOB) who is from TORONTO, Ontario Canada. :D:D:D
    Toronto I'd say is a definate. Dunno about other dates. I'd love to see Montreal for sure. I LOVE that city!

I still think Deep dish refers to Chicago given the rumours and the fact that Chicago is known for deep dish pizza.

Since the boys last Euro show is like Aug 18th and they are playing San Fran on the 28th..I can't see a whole lot of shows being added...but I hope there are more on the east coast. I am sooo jonesing for a road trip.
    Post edited by ACCBootlegGoddess on
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Sooooooooo exciting!! Anybody want to guess on the dates? I love 2009!!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    I heard that Chicago is Aug. 22nd and Toronto is Aug. 25th (or the other way around)...I think those cities are a total lock even if those dates aren't totally accurate.

I don't see any reason why they can't release some dates after San Fran on the 28th, though...no reason it has to fit in the window between Europe and San Fran...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I heard that Chicago is Aug. 22nd and Toronto is Aug. 25th (or the other way around)...I think those cities are a total lock even if those dates aren't totally accurate.

I don't see any reason why they can't release some dates after San Fran on the 28th, though...no reason it has to fit in the window between Europe and San Fran...
    That's the first I have seen either of those dates posted for those shows!

Agree, there should be some shows after SF, but you'd think they would stick to the west coast or south once they are already down there.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    IAmMyself wrote:
    drew0 wrote:

guess ill be comin to indy! ;)
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    BeerBaron wrote:

Agree, there should be some shows after SF, but you'd think they would stick to the west coast or south once they are already down there.

That's a "I heard from a friend who heard from a friend" situation, so I wouldn't say it's super reliable...probably just based on someone's speculation...I would like to see them hit Seattle or SoCal after San Fran...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    Yessss! I've been patiently awaiting the U.S. tour announcement for so long now. :) Please, please, please play one show in the D.C. area!

Congrats, Canadian friends! I grew up in North Dakota, so I have a fondness for all of you.
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    IAmMyself wrote:
    drew0 wrote:

I'm going to remember this and I will look you up. We (Indy) have been ignored for too long.....
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

That's a "I heard from a friend who heard from a friend" situation, so I wouldn't say it's super reliable...probably just based on someone's speculation...I would like to see them hit Seattle or SoCal after San Fran...

No actually his info is based on someone his bro knows who WORKS for livenation Canada (they own the Molson Amphitheater). So I'd say his info is VERY reliable.
    I have a friend who knows the pres of live nation...and he confirmed that PJ was negotiating to play the Amphitheatre. (Beerbaron posted that rumour a while back too).
    I don't doubt anything Beerbaron says.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Kat, we are thirsty also, Moose Drool sounds perfect. ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I sure hope the tweet is in regards to more than two shows!!
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    well this made my day.
  • Options
    boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    Kat wrote:
    Give me something good to eat.
    (like deep dish pizza)

Isn't it obvious that the band will be playing in every state that has a Pizzeria Uno? 8-)
    That's my favorite pizza and the Aug 23 is my birthday well actually the 24th but close enough. Is this really happening could I have both of my favorites on my birthday!!!!!
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
    Kenny Chesney is playing the amphitheatre on the 20th and Great Big Sea is playing on the 22nd so I don't think they'd be able to play on the 22nd. I still beleive it's the 21st for Toronto.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Alpine Valley is wide open for September.
    Hoping for Soldier Field if Chicago is a stop, but with U2/football it doesn't look likely.

Even if it's just a Canada leg with a few stops in the US (Alpine/Chicago), you know there's another leg that'll be announced soon enough
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    I was planning on visiting Chicago for the first time this year, and now it's a definite! I'm so psyched for Monday!
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
This discussion has been closed.