****@**** Tweet Tweet ****@****

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    BeerBaron wrote:
    So if Toronto is on the 21st and Chicago on say the 23rd, that still leaves 5 days between Chicago and SF. I would think that we will see at least 1 more show in there. Indy? St. Louis? KC? Denver?

Vegas? Seattle? Portland? :?:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    BeerBaron wrote:
    So if Toronto is on the 21st and Chicago on say the 23rd, that still leaves 5 days between Chicago and SF. I would think that we will see at least 1 more show in there. Indy? St. Louis? KC? Denver?
    You'd have to think 2 nights in Chicago right? Then maybe one other Canada stop? Maybe something either East Troy, Detroit, Indy... maybe?
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Flagg wrote:
    Awesome. Think they might give us time between the announcement and actually buying tickets?

probably about 10 minutes.

awesome indeed.
    Nice shirt.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Flagg wrote:
    Awesome. Think they might give us time between the announcement and actually buying tickets?

Sadly I think it will run like the Europe sale.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    drsluggo wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    You'd have to think 2 nights in Chicago right? Then maybe one other Canada stop? Maybe something either East Troy, Detroit, Indy... maybe?

here's hoping for Alpine Valley!

i don't see another Canadian stop happening aside from Toronto on August 21st,...frankly, i don't see where all this talk of a "Canadian tour" originated from?!

;)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    drsluggo wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    There is already an Aug 23rd Chicago show rumour out there. If that is true, there won't be another Canada show. The only other Canadian cities that even make sense here are Montreal, Ottawa or London. And they don't do 3 nights in a row any more so London between Toronto and Chicago works well geographically (as would Detroit or Grand Rapids) but doesn't work at all if Chicago is on the 23rd. I am thinking that Canada = Toronto in this case. But you never know.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    Wilds wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I would think that Vegas could work too. As could Phoenix and a few other cities. That's the thing: there is a LOT of ground to cover between Chicago and San Fran.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    100 Pacer wrote:
    here's hoping for Alpine Valley!

i don't see another Canadian stop happening aside from Toronto on August 21st,...frankly, i don't see where all this talk of a "Canadian tour" originated from?!
    ;)
    The Bob McKenzie thing did it. Since it is a general Canadian reference instead of a Toronto-specific reference. Would have been much better had the 10C said something about a "blue Jay" ... hell, blue jays even tweet... lol
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Denver works for me!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • rodentrodent Posts: 133
    What time does everyone think the tickets will go onsale? Does anyone remember what time the UK shows went on sale last week? I think it was 10am eastern time...
    rodent wrote:
    What time does everyone think the tickets will go onsale? Does anyone remember what time the UK shows went on sale last week? I think it was 10am eastern time...
    Correct. Based on the thread on the Pit, I think it was 10:00 EST.
  • DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I would think that Vegas could work too. As could Phoenix and a few other cities. That's the thing: there is a LOT of ground to cover between Chicago and San Fran.

Whatever it is that they announce, this is going to be a strange run of shows. Within a couple of weeks they will be playing Europe, Canada (east coast), mid-west and west coast.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a one-off date on another planet in there.
  • rodentrodent Posts: 133
    i know most people aren't fans of how they're releasing the tour dates but i actually quite like it. it's going to make it a lot easier for the people that just want to go to the chicago and toronto shows to be able to buy/bid for their tix without the site crashing or slowing down (too much). :D
    rodent wrote:
    i know most people aren't fans of how they're releasing the tour dates but i actually quite like it. it's going to make it a lot easier for the people that just want to go to the chicago and toronto shows to be able to buy/bid for their tix without the site crashing or slowing down (too much). :D
    I agree with you. I actually like this given the circumstances (very few shows in a single region).
  • PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    BeerBaron wrote:
    rodent wrote:
    I agree with you. I actually like this given the circumstances (very few shows in a single region).

I don't like it at all...I'm going to travel to some shows this year, but where I go depends entirely on what the other dates are...it's hard to plan when I need to make quick decisions...

I agree it is better for the locals, especially for whatever ends up being the last group of shows announced. I just hope they at least give us a "that's all the dates for 2009!" or a "more dates coming!"...not really the 10C way, unfortunately.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    maybe they are doing it like this because everyone will be included as locals at some point?
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    rodent wrote:

Can you fill me in on how it worked for Euro........

I assumed that the announcement would be made on monday......with tickets to follow right after.
    Usually this all happens at 1:00 eastern???
    It was 10:00 eastern for Euro???

thanks in advance!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
    BeerBaron wrote:
    rodent wrote:

Can you fill me in on how it worked for Euro........

I assumed that the announcement would be made on monday......with tickets to follow right after.
    Usually this all happens at 1:00 eastern???
    It was 10:00 eastern for Euro???

thanks in advance!

i believe Euro happened at 10 AM EST and tickets were available immediately. Not lottery style like EV, just available until sold out.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• SHIT!

I have appt's till 11:30..........I thought I was in the clear!!!!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
    SHIT!

I have appt's till 11:30..........I thought I was in the clear!!!!

they might have announced earlier than usual because of the difference in time for the Euros...who knows what will happen...seems to me that 7:00 AM is mighty early to get the ball rolling unless you absolutely need to. I bet it's closer to 1:00 EST on Monday. just my guess...luckily I have the day off so bring it on 10C!

">here</a>.
    or

• Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    Kat wrote:
    Give me something good to eat.
    (like deep dish pizza)

Isn't it obvious that the band will be playing in every state that has a Pizzeria Uno? 8-)
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181
    Has anyone given thought to maybe there will be a show or two, maybe in Canada, before the four Euro shows? I mean, they have to take all of the equipment from Seattle to Europe, why not have a few shows when taking the equipment over to Europe, then a few shows on the way back to the West coast? It would certainly help with costs / revenues.
  • here's the link to the pizza reference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUX6S7h03PI
    maverick wrote:
    Has anyone given thought to maybe there will be a show or two, maybe in Canada, before the four Euro shows? I mean, they have to take all of the equipment from Seattle to Europe, why not have a few shows when taking the equipment over to Europe, then a few shows on the way back to the West coast? It would certainly help with costs / revenues.
    Wouldn't you announce those shows FIRST then?
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    BeerBaron wrote:
    maverick wrote:
    Wouldn't you announce those shows FIRST then?

logic from 10c? :lol::lol:
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    The headquarters for Pizza Hut (as mentioned in video above) is near Dallas.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
    maverick wrote:

I think that's certainly possible...

">here</a>.
    or

• RockMama wrote:
    The headquarters for Pizza Hut (as mentioned in video above) is near Dallas.

Bob McKenzie is Canadian actor and he and Doug did a pizza hut commercial back in the day.... so its Canada!!! hopefully Moncton or atleast Halifax will be one of the stops!!!
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I guess I'll be bringing my computer to work in hopes that I can take my break as soon as they go on sale. Oh what am I saying! I'm in charge that day....hehe ;)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,174
    Mmm I want some Giordanno's.... So glad I live in Chicago !:)
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
This discussion has been closed.