The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

first time having this tasty little nugget-

Bought that and DF Romantic Chemistry IPA yesterday. Didn't try it yet. The Chemistry beer was pretty tasty.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    read today that yuenling is the largest US owned brewery. 1.4% of our market. sam adams is second.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

read today that yuenling is the largest US owned brewery. 1.4% of our market. sam adams is second.

Everyone knows this.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Wobbie said:

Everyone knows this.
    Yeah, dummy.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Someone tell me more about this Romantic Chemistry IPA. Seems like mango/apricot IPA's are getting a bigger push this year. I've had a couple kinds of them so far and they were all delicious.

Speaking of delicious, but you probably wouldn't think it, this was damn good - if you're a fan of Old Bay, of course. Not even close to as gross you may think it may be.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Someone tell me more about this Romantic Chemistry IPA. Seems like mango/apricot IPA's are getting a bigger push this year. I've had a couple kinds of them so far and they were all delicious.

Speaking of delicious, but you probably wouldn't think it, this was damn good - if you're a fan of Old Bay, of course. Not even close to as gross you may think it may be.

I was with some people who had an apricot IPA last week and they hated it. I didn't try it.

Hmmmmm. Hopefully Pennsport Beer Boutique has this on my way home today.

I was with some people who had an apricot IPA last week and they hated it. I didn't try it.

Hmmmmm. Hopefully Pennsport Beer Boutique has this on my way home today.
    I found the Mango ones better. Can't for the life of me remember who they were from now - I got a mixed bag from Bottle Shop and they were all pretty good. I'm a fan of the floral, citric hops and they seem to work well. If you don't like that stuff then I can see why someone wouldn't like it.

That Dead Rise wasn't a matter of "Oh, I can have one or two", I found it definitely drinkable for 6+-ish. Then again, I have a problem...
    I just tapped a 1/4 of Founders All Day IPA. It's sooooo good.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin said:

Love this beer. Picked up a 15 pack, yes 15 pack for some reason, of this a couple weeks ago.

JK_Livin said:

Love this beer. Picked up a 15 pack, yes 15 pack for some reason, of this a couple weeks ago.
    That 1/4 had to be expensive.

Probably a 15 pack because a case is like $48. I'm a fan of these beers (session IPAs), but at the same time I'm not. The abv doesn't justify the price of the beer.
    $115 for the keg
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

$115 for the keg

Ah, not bad at all for a 1/4 then.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

JK_Livin said:

$115 for the keg

Ah, not bad at all for a 1/4 then.
    A kegerator is the way to go. I tap 1/6 of Troegs for $70 when a case (24 pack) would set me back $40
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Chicago craft beer week kicking off today. Heading down to Half Acre this afternoon to pick up some Galactic Double Daisy Cutter. So good.

Wobbie said:

Everyone knows this.
    said in the Geico voice.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Chicago craft beer week kicking off today. Heading down to Half Acre this afternoon to pick up some Galactic Double Daisy Cutter. So good.

Do they can the Chub Step porter?
    I'm sorry, but I wouldn't drink any beer with "chub" in the name.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    dankind said:

:lol:
    Is this the Old Chub from Oskar Blues? That shit is a little too much for my liking.

dankind said:

:lol:
    I don't know what's worse--that or the Polish Order of Yoni beer I read about earlier this week: "Using hi-tech of microbiology, we isolate, examine and prepare lactic acid bacteria from vagina of a unique woman. The bacteria, lactobacillus, transfer woman’s features, allure, grace, glamour, and her instincts into beers and other products, turning them into dance with lovely goddess....

[W]e take the bacteria from vagina using gynecological stick. Then the stick goes to the laboratory, where the bacteria are isolated and cleaned, identified, and then, multiplied to the quantity that enables preparation of culture starter kit that is used in brewery."

:sick:
    I SAW PEARL JAM

I remember trying that last year and not tasting the old bay as much as I thought I would...
    chinese-happy.jpg

I remember trying that last year and not tasting the old bay as much as I thought I would...
    That's what I'm saying, not that bad. Just enough to give it a unique kick.

Do they can the Chub Step porter?
    They definitely don't can it. I think they may release it in bombers....pretty sure that one usually comes out in the fall.
    "old chub" :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Way too many IPAs this weekend. I feel like a zombie right now.
    The parents are moving to Delaware....about 20 minutes from Dogfish Head's brewpub.......jackpot.
    chinese-happy.jpg

The parents are moving to Delaware....about 20 minutes from Dogfish Head's brewpub.......jackpot.

The one in Rehoboth? That place is delicious.
    Tried the Tröegs Perpetual IPA for the first time last night.

It went down a little too easily. Before I knew it, all six cans were crushed in the recycling bin.

Gotta be more careful with that stuff next time -- especially on a school night. Fuck today in the blowhole.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Beer week begins here next week but alas the 14th Annual Sasquatch Brewfest has been cancelled.

Been drinking a lot of Boneyard RPM IPA. Only available on tap but it is a truly delicious beer.
    #FHP