The Craft Beer Thread....

1141142143145147

Comments

  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 24,192
    mcgruff10 said:
    This might be the greatest beer I have ever had. 

    their packaging is nothing to write home about. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This might be the greatest beer I have ever had. 

    their packaging is nothing to write home about. :lol:
    The beer more than made up for it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 2,074
    The only beer you need in life is Yuengling 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 12,751
    mcgruff10 said:
    This might be the greatest beer I have ever had. 
    That is a fantastic beer.  Had one over the summer....really good stuff.
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 12,751
    bbiggs said:
    I got a little adventurous with this one on the recommendation of the beer guy at my liquor store. It’s actually really tasty. Just one though. It’s by Hop Butcher for any Chicago natives. He called it a “milkshake” and said it was so popular he had to keep it in the back. The pineapple and coconut flavor is a little overwhelming, but overall it’s worth a try.



    Can't go wrong with Hop Butcher.  I actually got a 4 pack of Craniac...the other beer they released this past week.  Will be having one of those later.  I started following Hop Butcher on twitter....they tweet out where they are making their deliveries in real time.  Helpful since their stuff is so hard to find and only lasts a day or 2 at liquor stores.

    I'm still on the fence about these "milkshake" IPAs...I've had a few that I've really liked but some of them are just too sweet for me.  I think it's hard to find that balance between hoppy and sweet.
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,342
    The only beer you need in life is Yuengling 
    As in what I’m drinking at this very moment?


  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,342
    bbiggs said:
    I got a little adventurous with this one on the recommendation of the beer guy at my liquor store. It’s actually really tasty. Just one though. It’s by Hop Butcher for any Chicago natives. He called it a “milkshake” and said it was so popular he had to keep it in the back. The pineapple and coconut flavor is a little overwhelming, but overall it’s worth a try.



    Can't go wrong with Hop Butcher.  I actually got a 4 pack of Craniac...the other beer they released this past week.  Will be having one of those later.  I started following Hop Butcher on twitter....they tweet out where they are making their deliveries in real time.  Helpful since their stuff is so hard to find and only lasts a day or 2 at liquor stores.

    I'm still on the fence about these "milkshake" IPAs...I've had a few that I've really liked but some of them are just too sweet for me.  I think it's hard to find that balance between hoppy and sweet.
    I grabbed some Craniac as well. Looking forward to trying it. Agreed on the milkshake IPAs. This is my first time trying one. Good but too sweet. Probably won’t buy it again but worth the try. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 2,074
    bbiggs said:
    The only beer you need in life is Yuengling 
    As in what I’m drinking at this very moment?


    There ya go! Makes any day/meal/event better 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,875
    Big fan of Tired Hands so when I saw a Tired Hands and Jolly Pumpkin collaboration on an alternative Alien Church last night, I had to give it a go. Bad move. They made it into a sour IPA. Fucking garbage.

    Any of you guys enjoy the sours? That is where I draw the line. I hate how they'v become pretty popular over the last few years. 
    I've really tried, but I strongly dislike sours. Choked one down last week after I thought I'd give them another try, yuck.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,875

    Enjoying a nice seasonal as I do some yardwork and get ready for a bonfire on this brisk fall evening.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10 said:
    This might be the greatest beer I have ever had. 
    These guys make good beer.  Lunch being one of their best.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,875

    Bonfire = Check
    Pizza Night = Check
    Seasonal Nut Brown Ale = Check
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 16,170
    tbergs said:

    Enjoying a nice seasonal as I do some yardwork and get ready for a bonfire on this brisk fall evening.
    oh man that looks tasty!!! gorgeous night here in new jersey.  everyone enjoy!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,342
    This is the recent Hop Butcher release called Craniac. Absolutely delicious double IPA. I like the artwork on the can too. Would make a cool PJ poster. :)


  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,342
    tbergs said:

    Bonfire = Check
    Pizza Night = Check
    Seasonal Nut Brown Ale = Check
    Looks like a fantastic night right there...enjoy! 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 16,170
    At a baptism:


    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,342
    ^ First one a polish beer? Hacker Pschorr is good, especially with a lemon. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 16,170
    bbiggs said:
    ^ First one a polish beer? Hacker Pschorr is good, especially with a lemon. 
    Yeah polish beer. Not bad at all. Very lite.  The hacker pschorr was great. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 16,170
    I am a fan!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 527
    This evening. It's pretty tasty.
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 527

  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,342
    ^ Where are those beers from? 
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 527
    Both Belgian ales. I'd guess that they are hard to find in the USA. The straffe hendrik is a yearly riff on their standard triple using brett yeast. It's excellent. The pannepot is brewed by struise. This version has been aged in bordeaux barrels for 4 years. It's amazing. Good job I'm on leave this week.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,342
    rw160510 said:
    Both Belgian ales. I'd guess that they are hard to find in the USA. The straffe hendrik is a yearly riff on their standard triple using brett yeast. It's excellent. The pannepot is brewed by struise. This version has been aged in bordeaux barrels for 4 years. It's amazing. Good job I'm on leave this week.
    Very cool. Sounds delicious. Enjoy!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,875
    rw160510 said:

    That looks like a nice hearty beer! Cheers!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 24,192
    not a craft, but my favorite mexican beer:


    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,875

    Well, screw politics. I'm celebrating fall with some seasonal brews and some Moroccan lentil stew in the cast iron pot over the fire. It doesn't getting Eddie Vedder than this ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 527
    tbergs said:

    Well, screw politics. I'm celebrating fall with some seasonal brews and some Moroccan lentil stew in the cast iron pot over the fire. It doesn't getting Eddie Vedder than this ;)
    I
     do love a lentil stew. Enjoy and cheers!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 12,057
    mcgruff10 said:
    This might be the greatest beer I have ever had. 
    These guys make good beer.  Lunch being one of their best.
    Had this over the weekend at my buddy's wedding.  Good stuff!!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 11,626
    Pale ale, munich, coffee, crystal, chocolate malts for tonight


    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
Sign In or Register to comment.