Options

Pearl Jam Art Project

Drop1The0LeashDrop1The0Leash Posts: 954
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Hey everyone, i'm combining a few pearl jam posters to create my final project for my 2-d design class and i was looking for a fairly large, good quaility picture of the Reaper Poster(DC 06 i believe). Thanks for the help and ill post pictures once its finished!!!
2006: Albany
2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
2010: Boston, MSG I
2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    could always get it at the source ...

http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php ... id=32&pg=0

click on the poster for a larger version which you can save.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Sorry, i was unaware of this website. Thanks for the help tho!!
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Some friendly advice... Just make sure that everyone knows that you're using appropriated art elements from pre-existing artwork. There's nothing wrong with it (Warhol/ Hip Hop samples/ etc...) as long as you acknowledge the contributions of the other artists. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    Some friendly advice... Just make sure that everyone knows that you're using appropriated art elements from pre-existing artwork. There's nothing wrong with it (Warhol/ Hip Hop samples/ etc...) as long as you acknowledge the contributions of the other artists. :)[/quot

Its a college art class, I already realize this. Kind of a big no no to plagiarize at any level of education. Thanks for the advice. I'm a little hurt by these posts here. I didnt think I'd get destroyed for it. Thought I was doing something pretty cool.
  • Options
    Its a college art class, I already realize this. Kind of a big no no to plagiarize at any level of education. Thanks for the advice. I'm a little hurt by these posts here. I didnt think I'd get destroyed for it. Thought I was doing something pretty cool.

Sorry, dude. Not trying to bring any heat. From one creative person to another I just wanted to make sure that you don't get accused of anything inappropriate. there's nothing wrong with appropriations or "found art" as long as it's acknowledged as being such. Even Mike McCready acknowledges that his solo from Alive is (in part) ripped off from a Kiss song. That doesn't diminish it from being great. That just gives props where they are due.

Good luck with the project!
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:

Sorry, dude. Not trying to bring any heat. From one creative person to another I just wanted to make sure that you don't get accused of anything inappropriate. there's nothing wrong with appropriations or "found art" as long as it's acknowledged as being such. Even Mike McCready acknowledges that his solo from Alive is (in part) ripped off from a Kiss song. That doesn't diminish it from being great. That just gives props where they are due.

Good luck with the project!

Sorry man I wasnt trying to be mean either. I wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic or not. Sometimes people on here get a little mean to fellow fans and I just dont understand it. Thanks for the advice non the less
  • Options
    Sorry man I wasnt trying to be mean either. I wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic or not. Sometimes people on here get a little mean to fellow fans and I just dont understand it. Thanks for the advice non the less

No worries. I hope you'll post your final project when it's completed!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,868
    If you really want to be technical you need to get permission from the artists to use their work, however being for educational purposes you should be fine. I would ask the teacher if it is okay to use copyrighted images. Being an art teacher there is a lot of wacky shit about this, ask Sheppard Fairey. His Obama poster is a total rip off of an AP photo he never got permission to use.
    http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/18 ... etail.html

just go at it ,you are not selling it or displaying it in public...just check with the teacher man save yourself some agony