Options

Memphis 2

LT48449LT48449 Posts: 12
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Is it going to happen?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    this is just speculation, but i would say no. you can still get pairs in the ORCH for night 1. i think sales are sluggish for the first show.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    they are down to the last couple of rows.....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Got night one from lottery. I'm hoping it will sell out soon, so they will add night 2. Been a long time since Eddie was in Mempho.
  • Options
    mnpjgrrlmnpjgrrl Posts: 38
    just checked... no more pairs, just singles.
  • Options
    BLT975BLT975 Memphis, TN Posts: 59
    this is just speculation, but i would say no. you can still get pairs in the ORCH for night 1. i think sales are sluggish for the first show.

We aren't known for being very supportive of good concerts here in Memphis. Most of the good and/or popular shows skip right over us and head to cities like Little Rock or Nashville. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's just been that way here for the last 5 or 6 years. We do have some nice venues (FedExForum and Orpheum), but alot of shows are being done in larger ampitheaters now, and we don't have that (except for one very small and outdated one on Mud Island). I do hope Ed's show sells out so there could be a rollover, but I would not be shocked if it doesn't. I hate it too because I won lottery for night 2 tickets, but just bought good seats for night 1, so I'm ok either way.
    1994: Pensacola, Memphis
    1995: New Orleans
    1996: Charleston
    1998: St. Louis, Kansas City, Knoxville
    2000: Memphis
    2003: Nashville, Atlanta, Little Rock
    2004: St. Louis
    2006: Chicago (I & II)
    2009: Chicago (I & II)
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis, Memphis
    2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival)
    2016: Miami
    2018: Chicago (Wrigley I)
  • Options
    yeah, memphis has really fallen off on decent concerts. When I was a kid, they were getting big names all of the time. The whole city has really went down hill.
  • Options
    Here lately it seems we get alot of the decent R&B and country concerts, but that's about it. You name just about any decent rock, alternative, etc. group who has toured in the past 5 years, and they probably skipped over Memphis. Well, except STP, saw them in October. Good concert, but very low turnout. Plus. that show technically wasn't even in Memphis.
  • Options
    how would little rock do on a sunday?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

Not sure, probably not any better than Memphis would. Now that I think about it, the PJ show in Little Rock in 2003 wasn't very well attended either.
  • Options
    BLT975 wrote:

Not sure, probably not any better than Memphis would. Now that I think about it, the PJ show in Little Rock in 2003 wasn't very well attended either.

Even here?
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/Robinson-Ce ... nue/221397

Anyway.. Memphis 2 will probably show up sooner or later... 1st one essentially sold out (only singles)... how hard is it to sell 2500 tickets?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    BLT975 wrote:

Even here?

Anyway.. Memphis 2 will probably show up sooner or later... 1st one essentially sold out (only singles)... how hard is it to sell 2500 tickets?
    Even at the Robinson...unfortunantly. People in this region typically don't have the extra money to put out for $100 concert tickets. Memphis is a much better choice than Little Rock E. Be glad the show is in Memphis. Much more to do there.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    BLT975 wrote:

Even here?

I am still have doubles come up for night 1
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    i'm still pulling pairs too. they're shifting around anywhere from balcony row d to upper gallery.
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Even at the Robinson...unfortunantly. People in this region typically don't have the extra money to put out for $100 concert tickets. Memphis is a much better choice than Little Rock E. Be glad the show is in Memphis. Much more to do there.

Graceland Sunday!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Y'all know that Eddie wants to play somewhere in Memphis that Sunday. Come on, people! Let's get the first night sold out. Guess I'm preaching to the choir, though.
  • Options
    el_reyel_rey Posts: 26
    should have just played 2 nights in nashville
  • Options

Graceland Sunday!
    I'll see if I can't trade my Beetle for my mom's minivan on Sunday. I can possibly take a group on the "Melissa Tour" of Memphis.
  • Options
    DallasPJDallasPJ Posts: 10
    I think some patience may be in order here. Atlanta #1 isn't sold out and there is a rollover.
  • Options
    Be careful on that tour! It's easy to get in a bad place in that town....very fast.
  • Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    I really hope I didn't get my hopes up Tuesday thinking I would be going to see Ed... :oops:
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Options
    LT48449 wrote:
    Be careful on that tour! It's easy to get in a bad place in that town....very fast.

Don't worry. I'm VERY familiar with Memphis. I grew up 60 miles from the new bridge. I spent many summers there with family & at the VA hospital. I may not have grown up there or reside there, now. But, I do know where bad Memphis is....and I know that Graceland is not in the greatest area of town. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    I haven't done much in memphis in a good while. I live about 90 miles from there, In Mississippi. Have heard some people from around here say that beale street has become more dangerous. I've never had any problems there, though.
  • Options
    looks like memphis 1 is about sold out... only singles left in last upper seating..... better than atl (which I can pull a pair for night 1)

bring on 2 already?.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    edit: sold out/nothing comes up now for Memphis 1
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746

Eric, which show's are you going to? :)
  • Options
    i still show

Section UGALL
    Row G
    Seats 112

this one keeps coming up...must be like the last ticket.
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Any word? I hope there is a 2. I bought tickets to the 1st night. I WOKE UP 15 MIN. AFTER THEY WENT ONSALE!!! I got Orch AA . Im not happy about it but oh well. hope 2nd night happens.... :|
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    The first night is soldout....
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Any word? I hope there is a 2. I bought tickets to the 1st night. I WOKE UP 15 MIN. AFTER THEY WENT ONSALE!!! I got Orch AA . Im not happy about it but oh well. hope 2nd night happens.... :|

That's really good actually for the public sale... be happy for sleeping in.... I think those are some of the best seats posted so far

I got ORCH EE as soon as they went up
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    The first night is soldout....

i still show (as of 6:00 PM ET)

Section UGALL
    Row G
    Seats 112