Options

dock of the bay

megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
edited April 2009 in The Porch
does anyone have a good quality version of this song?
my bootleg sucks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    I would love this as well.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    I'm not sure if there really is a "good" version of it out there.

Mine is pretty good, but it's possible it's the same as what you have.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    mca47 wrote:

mine has ed sayin its an honor to sing this with this man in the crowd ..or something like that
  • Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    I've got it on the old No Fuckin' Messiah bootleg. Awesome cover! I hope this somehow makes it onto either the vs or vitalogy deluxe editions.
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    arthurdent wrote:
    I've got it on the old No Fuckin' Messiah bootleg. Awesome cover! I hope this somehow makes it onto either the vs or vitalogy deluxe editions.

doubt it. they left off 'rockin in the free world' and 'sonic reducer' off the deluxe ten. both covers.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    its on gremmie
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    mca47 wrote:

mine has ed sayin its an honor to sing this with this man in the crowd ..or something like that
    I think its 'its an honor to sing this, with him, here tonight, its called Dock of the Bay'. I think Otis Redding was in the crowd, was from like Memphis or Murfreesboro TN, maybe like 93-94??
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Options
    arthurdent wrote:
    I have 'No Fucking Messiah' too. It was the first bootleg I ever bought. I remember being like a kid at CHristmas when I found it at some obscure record shop in Northampton, MA. It cost $25. I also ended up buying 'No Fucking Messiah' 2 which wasnt nearly as good. I also found and bought Live at Soldier Field for $75. It wasnt the 'Spin The Black Circle' prom release one though. Here is Dock Of The Bay:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/khm7p2
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    wma11 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I think its 'its an honor to sing this, with him, here tonight, its called Dock of the Bay'. I think Otis Redding was in the crowd, was from like Memphis or Murfreesboro TN, maybe like 93-94??

otis had been dead for almost 30 years. it was the guy that wrote it with him and played guitar on it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    03/26/94 - Murphy Athletic Center: Murfreesboro, TN [90m]
    support act: King's X
    set: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Deep, Jeremy, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(It's Better not to be Sane improv)/(WMA), Blood, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Alive, Porch/(Monkey Gone to Heaven)
    enc: Dock of the Bay, Rockin' in the Free World, Indifference
    notes: Ed tirades, "If you ever come to Seattle, look me up. I'm in the phone book. No big deal. Come on over. Yeah, fuckin' right (laughs). I have to take that back. If you come over to my house, I'm gonna have to shoot ya. I need my privacy. (audience boos) Yeah, yeah, you need your privacy, too. Don't you? You need your privacy? We all need our fuckin' privacy. Do you ever wonder why your mom and dad don't let you have a lock on your door? I still suffer from that. I need a lock on my fuckin' door. What the fuck is a door for if you can't have a lock on it? Tell your mom and dad I said 'hi' ... then fight for your rights as kids." There's another McCready guitar fatality during 'Porch.' Steve Cropper joins PJ for a lovely 'Dock of the Bay' and 'RitFW,' which Ed described as "... the highlight of our lives."

I have the boot, but the quality isn't great. It's the best one I've found so far. Audience recording but fairly clear.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    i want one too
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    Its such an honor to play this song with him here today....

Can anyone else just sit have a bunch of beers (Red wine - eddie) and just listen to pearl jam cause that is a hell of a pregame for me....now i am going to go out and hopefully make some good decisions.

Pearl Jam - MSG - Awesome - "We don't got no record to promote, we just wanted to have a good time in NYC in the summer" beautiful