Official Maui - 6/29 Castle Theater show

touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Venue - http://www.mauiarts.org/castle_show.html

One Cameron Way
Kahului, HI 96732

Phone: 808-242-2787
Box Office: 808-242-7469
Email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@mauiarts.org">info@mauiarts.org</a><!-- e -->

SEATING & AMP CAPACITIES:

The maximum capacity of The Castle Theater in its default configuration is 1200 persons (1200 seats, plus standing room).

Orchestra level: - 682 + 4 wheelchair spaces. Additional seats may be removed/takne out of circulation to accommodate disability seating needs or production-related requirements.

Subtract 70 seats (rows A through D) if pit or thrust is used.
Subtract 24 seats if sound is operated from the house.

Mezzanine Level: - Total 248
10 Box Seats, 20 loge seats, 224 general.
Subtract 60 seats if projection booth is in use.

Balcony: 284 + 4 wheelchair + 4 wheelchair companion seats
10 Box Seats, 20 loge seats, 264 general, Standing Room up to 76
baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Trying ticket master for these. Are they up on the 18th as well?
  • Options
    anyone else in for Maui?
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    touringfan wrote:
    anyone else in for Maui?

Yup.....The acoustics are so sweet in Castle. We are so stoked !!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I was thinking of meeting up at the Kahalui Ale House? It is very close to the MACC.

www.alehouse.net

There are a couple of smaller bars that are close too. Only one within walking distance is Koho's at the Queen K Mall. They also sell food and cocktails at the MACC for each show too. :D:D:D
  • Options
    touringfan wrote:
    anyone else in for Maui?

Nice. I will be arriving on Sunday and staying at the Hyatt Regency in Lahaina. Im from the mainland and the east coast at that. This will be my first trip to Maui so any local tips, places to see, eat etc. are welcomed. I will be staying a week before I head to Kauai for my second week.
  • Options
    touringfan wrote:
    touringfan wrote:
    anyone else in for Maui?

Nice. I will be arriving on Sunday and staying at the Hyatt Regency in Lahaina. Im from the mainland and the east coast at that. This will be my first trip to Maui so any local tips, places to see, eat etc. are welcomed. I will be staying a week before I head to Kauai for my second week.

PM me for any help you might need! ;)
  • Options
    As per this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96658

The Maui pre party is at THe Ale House in Kahalui.

http://www.alehouse.net

A 5 minuet ride to the MACC. See you there!
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    edited April 2009
    Did anyone else get this information?

that they are only going to sell tickets to those in line morning of sale ..... no online or phone orders for the ticket sales?????????

(did the lady I spoke to just not know what she was talking about?)
    Post edited by krzzzymary on
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    this place is tinyyy! its less than half the size of most of the other venues!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    InMyTree4 wrote:

MAX capacity on lower level is 682. THAT's MAX! This may be the closest thing to seeing EV in your living room. :)
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    touringfan wrote:
    InMyTree4 wrote:

MAX capacity on lower level is 682. THAT's MAX! This may be the closest thing to seeing EV in your living room. :)

Ohhhh... Sweet Kenyon hall flashback :D

This would be rad too, still got time to think over this 10c pair :D
  • Options
    krzzzymary wrote:

that they are only going to sell tickets to those in line morning of sale ..... no online or phone orders for the ticket sales?????????

are you sure thats not for the special hawaii residents only presale?
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    krzzzymary wrote:

The lady at the venue told me that.

But Im wondering if she had it wrong??????
    That is what she said.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    krzzzymary wrote:
    krzzzymary wrote:

The lady at the venue told me that.

But Im wondering if she had it wrong??????
    That is what she said.

This could be true??? The Maui News had a short paragraph about the show last Thursday, and it stated that details were not finalized. It gave no ticket sale information. The MACC may be forced to sell seats this way due to short notice?
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    It looks like this is true. this is what the MACC website says...
    EDDIE VEDDER EMBARKS ON 2009 U.S. SOLO TOUR

Kahului on June 29th, 2009 at the
    Maui Arts & Cultural Center – Castle Theater
    TICKETS ON SALE SATURDAY, APRIL 18TH AT 10 AM (HST)

Eddie Vedder will embark on a month-long U.S. solo tour beginning June 8th in Albany, NY and ending July 2nd in Honolulu, HI with a Kahului date set for June 29th at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center – Castle Theater

Tickets for the general public will go on sale Saturday, April 18th at 10 AM (HST)

At the Maui Arts & Cultural Center Box Office
    Tickets: $72.00 plus applicable fees with a four-ticket limit.

A special, limited ticket pre-sale for current active members of Pearl Jam's Ten Club will be offered at http://www.pearljam.com.

New Zealand singer/songwriter Liam Finn will open these shows.
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    if that is indeed the case, i'm really glad i made maui my confirmed show choice.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    Can't wait to go!!! My wife and I had out honeymoon there and I've been waiting to go back. Should be great if this place is that small. Thanks for the tix 10C.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    if that is indeed the case, i'm really glad i made maui my confirmed show choice.

You won't be sorry! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    krzzzymary wrote:

I spoke with the MACC just now. They said that they will only have around 200-300 seats available for purchase on Saturday. They will also not be offering presale to MACC members due to the limited number. All seats will be sold on Saturday morning.
  • Options
    krzzzymary wrote:

I spoke with the MACC just now. They said that they will only have around 200-300 seats available for purchase on Saturday. They will also not be offering presale to MACC members due to the limited number. All seats will be sold on Saturday morning.

I feel very lucky and am truly grateful to the 10C.
  • Options
    pjgirl23pjgirl23 Posts: 115
    if someone is lining up and can possibly get a spare may i have it??
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHH I just found out that tix will be available in person for the first hour of the sale and then phone sales after. There goes my shot. FRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Soooooo tough on a girl from ISRAEL to secure a ticket to this one... Any spare will make my YEAR :P
  • Options
    I just checked out!! Keep trying people!!!!

I got it!!! Row Y on Orchestra! I know for a fact there are more tix in there - keep refreshing - like Hawaii - it's slow - but it works!
  • Options
    MAUI SHOW IS UP FOR SALE ON THE WEBSITE. JUST SCORED MEZZ TIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Options
    Got tix at around 4.38 est!! Whew!
    Balcony, Row A!

Thrilled! :D
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    einatshaul wrote:

I got it!!! Row Y on Orchestra! I know for a fact there are more tix in there - keep refreshing - like Hawaii - it's slow - but it works!

Just got row X on orchestra :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836

You spoke to MACC? :shock:

The band M.A.C.C. is made up of Mike McCready (guitarist from Pearl Jam), Jeff Ament (bassist from Pearl Jam), Matt Cameron (drummer for Soundgarden and later for Pearl Jam), and Chris Cornell (singer of Soundgarden and later Audioslave). The cover of "Hey Baby (Land of the New Rising Sun)" is their only known recording.
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    einatshaul wrote:

We're IN!!! :D

Happy Birthday to YOU!
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    einatshaul wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    einatshaul wrote:

We're IN!!! :D

Happy Birthday to YOU!

Indeed! :D
    Just have to send them an email in regards to my personal details seeing as there was no options for overseas addresses :|
    Thanks for the heads up Einat. If it wasn't for you I would've given up