Options

PJ News on 96.3 WROV in Lynchburg,VA

dirty_mikedirty_mike Posts: 131
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Just a lil update, today at lunch the DJ on 96.3 WROV in Lynchburg, VA said that PJ should have the new album out by the end of 2009 and plans to tour North America this year. Also talked about Ed's solo tour. My guess..... short North America tour in Fall '09, album release sometime late fall or early winter, full year of touring in 2010 (watch it go in the fire). :twisted:

Just figured I'd throw the update out there, any other radio stations talking???? :?:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    This is so random... I used to listen to WROV back in the day but I got to where I couldn't take it anymore. I know they still play PJ, but the thought of them actually discussing them cracks me up.
  • Options
    mkeen411mkeen411 Posts: 103
    Lynchburg, VA?!? no way, i grew up in Lynchburg. its a small world!

I haven't heard any talk on the radio about pearl jam since the weekend before the ten release. But its good to hear that ROV is staying on their game... i don't have a lot of respect for that station.

but its good to know there are some lynchburg fans on the board!
  • Options
    Lynchburg in the hizzy!

I don't know when you were here, but I just put my "P-JAM" license plates on my third vehicle yesterday that I've been sporting for almost 15 years, so if you've ever happened to see that then you've seen me!
  • Options
    dirty_mikedirty_mike Posts: 131
    I actually live in the Lynchburg area, I was on my way back from CVCC headed to work. I was just getting ready to plug in my XM, (because like many of you, I dont like the local radio stations. Originally from S. Jersey and miss the 10 club at 10 on WMMR!!!) :cry:

Anyways, she was also talking about the Aerosmith/ZZ Top tour so Im guessing it was just something that came accross their desks. Not like they really give a shit. If they did, they would play something else besides "Sweet Home Alabama" every hour!!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dirty_mike wrote:
    Just figured I'd throw the update out there, any other radio stations talking???? :?:

Sounds like the DJ read yesterday's Billboard article.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mkeen411mkeen411 Posts: 103
    dude i've totally seen those plates! wow thats great. i lived in lynchburg for 23 years and i just moved from there in 2006. never would of thought i'd run into some fans from lynchburg on here. nice post dirty mike
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    jeffbr wrote:
    dirty_mike wrote:

Sounds like the DJ read yesterday's Billboard article.
    haha, exactly
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    dirty_mike wrote:
    I actually live in the Lynchburg area, I was on my way back from CVCC headed to work. I was just getting ready to plug in my XM, (because like many of you, I dont like the local radio stations. Originally from S. Jersey and miss the 10 club at 10 on WMMR!!!) :cry:

Anyways, she was also talking about the Aerosmith/ZZ Top tour so Im guessing it was just something that came accross their desks. Not like they really give a shit. If they did, they would play something else besides "Sweet Home Alabama" every hour!!
    ....come pick up your couch..lol
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Richmond in the Hizzy. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10