Options

Rollover show? How??

CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
edited April 2009 in The Porch
How the heck do you pick your rollover show? I added Philly 1 to my cart. Tried to add Philly 2, told me it was restricted and I couldn't have more than one. Bought Philly 1. Tried to get Philly 2 separately, told me it was restricted.

WTF?
  • 98 Pgh
  • 00 Pgh
  • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
  • 04 Boston 1|Reading
  • 05 Philly
  • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
  • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
  • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
  • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
  • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
  • 12 Philly
  • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
  • 14 Cincy|StL
  • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
  • 18 Boston 1+2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    i am in the same boat as you, but opposite (bought philly 2)

i'm guessing that those who bought philly 1 would choose philly 2 as rollover, and vice versa

need some info!
  • Options
    Red BurritoRed Burrito Posts: 476
    How the heck do you pick your rollover show? I added Philly 1 to my cart. Tried to add Philly 2, told me it was restricted and I couldn't have more than one. Bought Philly 1. Tried to get Philly 2 separately, told me it was restricted.

WTF?

Same here...???
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    keep reading
    u have to check out first
    then repeat process
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Shows denoted by a single * are rollover shows. If you win the first date and a second opens up, you will get tickets for the second show if you want them.

Jun 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 9* Albany, NY Palace Theatre
    Jun 11 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 12 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
    Jun 14 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 15 Baltimore, MD Lyric Opera House
    Jun 18 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
    Jun 20 Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 21* Memphis, TN Orpheum
    Jun 23 Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 24* Atlanta, GA Cobb Energy Performing Arts Ctr
    Jun 29** Maui, HI Arts & Cultural Ctr - Castle Theatre
    Jul 1** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
    Jul 2** Honolulu, HI Hawaii Theatre Ctr
  • Options
    keep reading
    u have to check out first
    then repeat process

I did try that.
    Bought Philly 1. Tried to get Philly 2 separately, told me it was restricted.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    there is no philly rollover show
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,317
    Philly 2 is a confirmed show, not a "rollover" possibility.

Look at the list again. There are only two "rollovers" -- Memphis and Albany.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Shows denoted by a single * are rollover shows. If you win the first date and a second opens up, you will get tickets for the second show if you want them.

Crud. That list wasn't up yet when I went to the tickets page. No rollover for Philly or B'more. Alas.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Philly 2 is a confirmed show, not a "rollover" possibility.

Look at the list again. There are only two "rollovers" -- Memphis and Albany.

And Atlanta. :)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    The reason this sucks is people who went to buy might not have picked their preferred night for their only allowed pair of tix. This is going to be a total nightmare once we start getting notifications of who got tix and who didn't.
    I just wish the news had been posted, with at least a half hour for everyone to read it, and THEN purchasing of tix should have started.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    The reason this sucks is people who went to buy might not have picked their preferred night for their only allowed pair of tix. This is going to be a total nightmare once we start getting notifications of who got tix and who didn't.
    I just wish the news had been posted, with at least a half hour for everyone to read it, and THEN purchasing of tix should have started.

I concur. I had just assumed there'd be an announcement, followed by actual "on sale" type thing later. When I read that the tickets were on sale right away, I rushed and bought as fast as I could, which lead to the confusion. I was also worried about picking Philly I as my one and only show. The "rollover" tidbit on the actual ticket purchase page didn't talk about any limitations, so I just assumed it meant "pick a backup show if your primary doesn't work out". It was confusing with no time to digest.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    the rollover shows are tentative shows, I believe. That's what I had to wait for the Montreal#2 2008 to be confirmed.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    TrAvELAr wrote:

I don't think that is accurate. I think it is the reverse, i.e. you don't get tickets to your first choice, you are again eligible for the rollover.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    What an administrative hassle this must be for the 10c staffers...must have been a bitch of a staff meeting
  • Options
    Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 565

I concur. I had just assumed there'd be an announcement, followed by actual "on sale" type thing later. When I read that the tickets were on sale right away, I rushed and bought as fast as I could, which lead to the confusion. I was also worried about picking Philly I as my one and only show. The "rollover" tidbit on the actual ticket purchase page didn't talk about any limitations, so I just assumed it meant "pick a backup show if your primary doesn't work out". It was confusing with no time to digest.

Not reading an entire message is very different then things being confusing
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Agreed; worst policy yet.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options

WTF?
    Philly night 2 is not a rollover show. ANd you cant purchase tickets to two confirmed shows. You can only pick one confirmed and one rollover.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Then people are not very intelligent. READ before you purchase - didn't have to read very far to understand what the whole idea was. Too many times people complain because they did not READ/THINK before purchasing. One has plenty of time for these tix.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    redrock wrote:

Then people are not very intelligent. READ before you purchase - didn't have to read very far to understand what the whole idea was. Too many times people complain because they did not READ/THINK before purchasing. One has plenty of time for these tix.
    The news wasn't POSTED YET when I went to buy tickets. I would most certainly have read the info FIRST had it been up. There was a good 10 minutes, maybe more, where the tickets were for "sale" and no other info was available beyond what was on the actual page for the tickets.
    Post edited by Sharon_Hearts_PJ on
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Yes yes yes... all of us are effing retards who don't know how to read.

Speaking of which... if all of you jumping on those of us for not reading everything first actually *read* all the posts in this thread before replying yourselves, you'd understand at least *my* situation a little better, and how it's not a lack of reading comprehension that caused the confusion.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread (as those of you who read it before posting would know) was that the main details, including the definition of "rollover shows", were not yet on the page when I went to the tickets site. Only the tickets were available at that time. This is how I came to that conclusion:

Tim refreshes the main site. No update. Still just stuff about "Flight to Mars".
    Tim refreshes the Porch forum. Sees multiple threads about tickets on sale.
    Tim rushes to the ticket page since there may only be a limited time for tickets and holy crap I want to get some before they're gone ohmygosh!
    Tim, despite his rush, reads *all* of the information on the ticket page. That information reads thusly:
    You are selecting two (2) tickets to the 6/11/09 EV show at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia, PA. By making this selection, you are not guaranteed tickets to this show, but you are establishing the opportunity to buy tickets if your order is randomly selected.

There is a two (2) ticket limit per member. You may choose one (1) additional "rollover" show in addition to your 1st choice confirmed show selection. Please make sure you can attend all shows selected.

Your credit card will be authorized for the ticket selection, and will only be charged if your order is selected.

Please note, there is zero mention of only certain shows being rollover. In fact, it's very easy to construe that to mean "If you don't get your first show, you have a shot at a second so sign up for two" when there is no mention of any limitation to what a "rollover" show is.

Hence the confusion on my part, and probably the part of others.

It wasn't until after this thread was posted and a more polite fellow poster drew my attention to the entry on the main page (that, as mentioned before, wasn't there when my ticket panic began) that I got the full details. Put all that together, and there's your confusion.

But thanks for assuming the worst in people. Not everyone is as smart as you guys. I'm going to go off and drool into my bellybutton now.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options

But thanks for assuming the worst in people. Not everyone is as smart as you guys. I'm going to go off and drool into my bellybutton now.
    You speak good. I likez you. Can I drool in ur bellybutton 2?
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options

You speak good. I likez you. Can I drool in ur bellybutton 2?

I got a little wordy with my reply. Figured the bookworms of the board wouldn't have a problem with that, though.

As for my bellybutton, the more the merrier!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    PJPJ Posts: 282
    I also rushed and chose night 2 for philly, If I do win the lottery, hopefully I will be able to trade a night 1 with someone.
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2