Options

Weird ticket policy for EV solo shows...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bearclaw53Bearclaw53 Dallas, TX Posts: 56
    Cosmo wrote:
    I like the policy.
    Back, prior to the 2003 Tour, you were only allowed one pair to one show. My 139,000 ranged membership number landed me in the 3rd Row in San Diego in 1996. In 2001, I let my membership lapse and missed out on the tickets... in 2003, I paired up with a member with a 69,000 ranged number.
    In 2006... that same number put me in the 12th to 14th rows (except in Santa Barbara, where pure luck came into play).
    The one pair per member gives the people who live in the cities where the band plays the better seats.

Excellent point. However, would you rather have insanely good seats for one show or really good seats for multiple shows? I hate the thought of having to pay scalpers to get good seats to any additional shows I go to...

On the other hand, I really like this policy for the really small venues and for the EV solo tours. Just don't think I'd like it for the PJ tour.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    pjalive21 wrote:
    samnation wrote:
    pjalive21 wrote:
    if this is how its going to be for the tour then you are going to see a real clusterf**k of all proportions....ive been shut out of shows before and have succeeded and never once did i ever complain about how it was but if i as to miss a show because my name wasnt picked out of a hat then i would be pissed

Either way you run the risk of not getting a presale ticket, whether it's in a crazy rush to get tickets that sell out in 2 seconds or crash the site or if you do it this way in more of a lottery-style. But at least the lottery spares us the crazy freak-out rush/site crash/5000 board posts complaining about the ticket sale. Your membership has always just gotten you the "opportunity" to buy a ticket, they have never promised us a guaranteed ticket to a show. So I'd prefer a more stress-free opportunity than the frustration we've had in the past.

yeah you have a point...it is stress free, but i just feel they are trying to appease all the complaints about people not getting tickets with this lottery system...ive just always had the attitude of you win some, you lose some..thats just life you cant win them all

i like what they have done with the random seating and limiting the amount of tickets and all that just the lottery thing seems like they are going out of their way to make everyone happy, which is kudos to the 10c because i could not deal with all the complaining around here
    I think this is more stressful; waiting around to see if you are lucky to get randomly chosen. It should be first come first serve and then seniority based. Too many whiners that are newbies that want front row. I never get near there, but I should get better than someone who hasn't been in the club for over 10 years.

I fear this lottery will be the new way to go. If you can't be by a computer or have a fast connection, figure it out.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    chromiam wrote:
    but I like it :)

By making this selection, you are not guaranteed tickets to this show, but you are establishing the opportunity to buy tickets if your order is randomly selected.

There is a two (2) ticket limit per member. You may choose one (1) additional "rollover" show in addition to your 1st choice confirmed show selection. Please make sure you can attend all shows selected.

Seems like Ed and the 10C realized the high demand for the small amount of tickes available for these shows and a random lottery is a nice way of trying to distribute tickets.

I'd love if they did this for full band tours.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    chromiam wrote:
    but I like it :)

By making this selection, you are not guaranteed tickets to this show, but you are establishing the opportunity to buy tickets if your order is randomly selected.

There is a two (2) ticket limit per member. You may choose one (1) additional "rollover" show in addition to your 1st choice confirmed show selection. Please make sure you can attend all shows selected.

Seems like Ed and the 10C realized the high demand for the small amount of tickes available for these shows and a random lottery is a nice way of trying to distribute tickets.

I'd love if they did this for full band tours.
    i like the policy as well.............i only try to attend one show anyway.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    mjb wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:

Yes. Memphis is a rollover date.

my question is that I could in actually end up with tickets to both shows in Memphis right?

that is good and bad, bettters my chances but I would rather get one show and trade my ticket for the other show then ending up spending about $400..... :?

I don't think that is right - maybe something missing in the info but...wouldn't it seem logical that the intention is you can preselect a rollover date and if you miss out on the first night (i.e. Albany) you'll be entered for a chance at the rollover. It wouldn't make much sense to give someone who won tickets to Albany 1, tickets to Albany 2 as well.

So you can not get tickets to both shows same city? I thought you could get the confrimed show and the rollover show :?

By your logic which makes sense to me, wouldn't you already be entered for the rollover show if you were not picked for the confirmed show. Not the case since we have to make seperate purchase opportunities.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **