2009 Shows & New Material?

Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
edited April 2009 in The Porch
If there is this fall tour we've been hearing about, it might be kinda cool if they did 13 to 15 shows and debuted a new song at each show, leading up to the release of the album. In more recent years theyve been keeping the new songs to themselves, the new album might not be out until year end, and it could restrict the release of boots, but its just a thought. Something different. Pure new album promotion. Has anyone else done anything like this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    If there is this fall tour we've been hearing about, it might be kinda cool if they did 13 to 15 shows and debuted a new song at each show, leading up to the release of the album.

that's very clever :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • StuartCStuartC Posts: 33
    I personally would not like that strictly due to the timetable... I am more in favor of a tour before the end of summer, with the album hopefully coming out by July. I don't think that's anything too crazy to ask for; they have been working on new material for almost a year now, and have supposedly been back in the studio for well over the past month or so. I think we could definitely see the new album released by the end of June... Hopefully, the tour will be announced prior to then, so that it could get underway shortly after the release, and hit up N. America and maybe Europe before mid-September. Australia and S. America would likely happen late in the year due to the fact that the weather is nicer down there around then.
    "Hey I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind..."
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    i thought mike said in that radio interview that the album would be released closer to year end, but i could have interpreted that incorrectly. i would love an album out by the summer!
  • mikepmikep Posts: 290
    ya...i hope they debut some new stuff too. IN 2005 on the awesome canadian tour we hoped for it too, but i suspect there might have been some record company deals that restricted that sorta thing? I believe they're completely free agents now correct? Hopefullly that would mean they can just giv'r with whatever they want to play. That's my hope anyway. Either way will be great to see'em.
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I dont think there is any way we'll see an album before november.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i may be in the minority, but i truly hope they release the album BEFORE they tour. i have been very fortunate to see live pj every year since 2003....but since what, 2006......they've not had a new album in support of a tour. i definitely want to hear some new music LIVE! i'd far rather wait a bit more for shows - and i am quite happy with a fall/early winter tour - than another tour sans new material. that said, either way, if they DO tour...i will always try to get to some shows. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    mikep wrote:
    ya...i hope they debut some new stuff too. IN 2005 on the awesome canadian tour we hoped for it too, but i suspect there might have been some record company deals that restricted that sorta thing? I believe they're completely free agents now correct? Hopefullly that would mean they can just giv'r with whatever they want to play. That's my hope anyway. Either way will be great to see'em.

nah. the band can play whatever they want whenever they want. they used to play stuff before it got released. heck, i think the first brain of j was played like 3 years before yield came out :) lately they've just been wusses...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • ZosoCatZosoCat Posts: 176
    i know wilco have played songs from their new album yet to be released.. so it happens and yes it would be cool if PJ did that.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    yeah i remember the newsletter that came out before the canadian tour said "youll see dragons after 3 or 4" before we knew it was just lyrics, and everyone was certain this meant new songs by the 3rd or 4th show. i think even the billboard article that came out when they announced the tour said they were going to try out some new stuff. then they decided against it and all we got was "gone." still an awesome tour, but i would prefer a new album before another tour. however, ill take what i can get.