Options

My mom just told me im too obsessed with Pearl Jam

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    I'm 31 and my family, friends and co-workers tell me all the time that I'm too obsessed with Pearl Jam. I need to find me a man that loves them as much as me because every guy I date thinks I'm little bit nuts for loving PJ so much! :P

hmmm ... ;)
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    throw a shoe at her and tell her to mind her own business!
    good idea, thanks Bender
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Honestly! Who throws a shoe???
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Hahah I know a few.
    ;)
    Shows:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Hahah I know a few.
    ;)

yeah....um...sorry about that...! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Those that know me know it but don't say it.
    I think they will once I plan to fly to other Aussie cities to see them.
    I aim for 3-4 shows, will spend money on flights, hotels, plus the tickets to the show.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    I am 32 and am undeniably obsessed with this band! It is totally fine and healthy to have an obsession such as this....and actually can be very good for your health...I am one of the happiest people on the face of this earth...I think It has alot to do with my crazy obession, PEARL JAM!!!.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    I am 19, and obsessed probably sums it up. My parents are both a little freaked out from when I told them that that $140 boxed set they got me for my birthday has a little thing on the side that says "1990-1992". More freaked out when I told them there are tour rumours. I just hope it's East Coast.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    I am 19, and obsessed probably sums it up. My parents are both a little freaked out from when I told them that that $140 boxed set they got me for my birthday has a little thing on the side that says "1990-1992". More freaked out when I told them there are tour rumours. I just hope it's East Coast.
    haha nice.
    well imhoping its west coast.... OR both! :D
    Shows:
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    I am 37 and my wife tells me the same thing. My comeback? "Oh ur right honey, I shouldn't be obsessed w/ PJ, I should obsesse over Lamb of God instead"! That shut her right up...........lol :lol:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    umkay... the girl i am going to be marrying, we been together for 2 years now... if she ever pulled anything like that its her ass to the curb... i was drunk the other night talking to my mom about her being mad at me getting excited for iminent pj tour extravaganza, because she sees it as a threat to her engagement ring, aka her livelyhood (MY money), aka her happiness... and my mom asked, which do you love more, her or pearl jam... my mom got upset that i didnt answer "her" automatically...

girls come and go man... but pearl jam tour only comes but once a year ;)[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol:
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    I am 37 and my wife tells me the same thing. My comeback? "Oh ur right honey, I shouldn't be obsessed w/ PJ, I should obsesse over Lamb of God instead"! That shut her right up...........lol :lol:

yup, she doesn't know how good she has it!
    i just bought my guy a LOG ticket just so i won't have to go with him. i know they're pretty popular but i CAN NOT stand them.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options

i just bought my guy a LOG ticket just so i won't have to go with him. i know they're pretty popular but i CAN NOT stand them.
    LOG is badbadbad!
    Shows:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    My mom actually had the nerve to tell me recently that she figured I'd "grow out of it". Grow out of love? I don't think so 8-)
    my mom told me that years ago when I asked her to get me VS on vinyl off of ebay as a X-mas present. I brought it up to her within the past year and said- "and you thought this was just a phase" :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    umkay... the girl i am going to be marrying, we been together for 2 years now... if she ever pulled anything like that its her ass to the curb... i was drunk the other night talking to my mom about her being mad at me getting excited for iminent pj tour extravaganza, because she sees it as a threat to her engagement ring, aka her livelyhood (MY money), aka her happiness... and my mom asked, which do you love more, her or pearl jam... my mom got upset that i didnt answer "her" automatically...

girls come and go man... but pearl jam tour only comes but once a year ;)

I had a GF years ago that thought I was crazy for buying all the 00 boots- she even told me at one time, "it's me or the CDs"- or something like that

we'll just say we didn't last much longer than that :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I'm 31 and my family, friends and co-workers tell me all the time that I'm too obsessed with Pearl Jam. I need to find me a man that loves them as much as me because every guy I date thinks I'm little bit nuts for loving PJ so much! :P

hmmm ... ;)
    haha- get her, D :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options

LOG is badbadbad!

ha says the guy who just admitted his ipod is 90% PJ, buddy there are many more great bands out there other then PJ, Pearl Jam is not the be all and end all of music. Lamb of God is EASILY the best metal band on the planet right now, regardless of if you like them or hate them, hopefully one day you will be able to step outside the Pearl Jam bubble and discover all the OTHER great music there is out there.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Also all you people complaining about your gf/bf/spouses complaining about your obsession, its really quite simple, find one who is more of a fan or equal to you, its a win win, I have 2 10c memberships in my house, that means every time something goes on sale that is 1 per member i can get 2, i get 2 deeps and singles in case other members need them, she has a better number then me, so we can buy 2 pairs of 10 c tickets and take the best pair and let friends who normally wouldn't get decent seats go. I dont have to beg or bargain to get to go to shows, i can always convince her to go to at least 5 shows a tour. She thinks I am crazy for buying a 200 dollar 10 SDE until the Vitalogy one comes out then it will be her turn :D:lol: She understands my poster obsession.... even though she feels she needs to be the voice of reason, she never threatens to sell them or burn them or leave me over them.

seriously its win win, i recommend you all ditch your gf/bf/spouses if they are not at least equal fans and go out and find some who are, seriously there is enough of you crazies out there, i bet a lot of you are single.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    seriously its win win, i recommend you all ditch your gf/bf/spouses if they are not at least equal fans and go out and find some who are, seriously there is enough of you crazies out there, i bet a lot of you are single.

Seriously! I spent too many years married to a man who didn't like ANY of the same music as me. I sure as shit won't be making that mistake again! Bring it on! :D:D
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options

ha says the guy who just admitted his ipod is 90% PJ, buddy there are many more great bands out there other then PJ, Pearl Jam is not the be all and end all of music. Lamb of God is EASILY the best metal band on the planet right now, regardless of if you like them or hate them, hopefully one day you will be able to step outside the Pearl Jam bubble and discover all the OTHER great music there is out there.
    haha i just dont like metal im sorry. i like alot of bands besdies PJ i just really love PJ.
    Shows:
  • Options

haha i just dont like metal im sorry. i like alot of bands besdies PJ i just really love PJ.

no no its cool to not like metal, I am just saying Lamb of God is crazy popular for a reason, because they kick major fucking ass, whether you like them or not, I dont know no one was defending them so I felt the need :D
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

no no its cool to not like metal, I am just saying Lamb of God is crazy popular for a reason, because they kick major fucking ass, whether you like them or not, I dont know no one was defending them so I felt the need :D
    ok thats cool. Im sure they are good but im more into alternative and rock and folk so not much of a metalhead. Although when I was like 13 I was really into 30 seconds to mars if that counts. I dont know what I was thinking when I was 13.....
    Shows:
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also all you people complaining about your gf/bf/spouses complaining about your obsession, its really quite simple, find one who is more of a fan or equal to you, its a win win, I have 2 10c memberships in my house,

about the mom complaining thing...........i got my lil bro hooked on pj when were younger so our mom really didn't have a choice. lol. she was surrounded by them. i remember telling him one night 'yo micah, come here listen to this. eddie's having a bad trip.' i played Bugs and we cracked up. now he missed out last time on my 10c seats because he didn't want his girlfriend to sit alone. he looked so pitiful when he found out i had front row. so i took the lamb of god fan instead. ha!

whether you like them or not, I dont know no one was defending them so I felt the need :D

hey, i said they were popular.
    was that not good enough? :mrgreen:
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on

• Options
    Also all you people complaining about your gf/bf/spouses complaining about your obsession, its really quite simple, find one who is more of a fan or equal to you, its a win win, I have 2 10c memberships in my house,

about the mom complaining thing...........i got my lil bro hooked on pj when were younger so our mom really didn't have a choice. lol. she was surrounded by them. i remember telling him one night 'yo micah, come here listen to this. eddie's having a bad trip.' i played Bugs and we cracked up. now he missed out last time on my 10c seats because he didn't want his girlfriend to sit alone. he looked so pitiful when he found out i had front row.

LOL. When I was little I loved Bugs. These Days i dont understand why he wrote it. ahahah.
    Wow that sucks he missed on front row! Front row must be amazing.
    Did your bro buy TM tix or somethin?
    Shows:
  • Options
    LOL. When I was little I loved Bugs. These Days i dont understand why he wrote it. ahahah.

yeah and because they ordered thru TM and got 3 seats they ended up in the back row!
    i find when you order one tix TM puts you closer.

• Options

yeah and because they ordered thru TM and got 3 seats they ended up in the back row!
    i find when you order one tix TM puts you closer.
    back row?! ouch! maybe tehy should become 10c members.
    Yah I just bought tix to David Byrne and I found that buying one ticket gives you noticably closer seats. We ordered 2 and actually got orchestrea seating hell yah!
    I haven't had a chance to use my 10c seating yet, I hope I get good seats.
    Shows:
  • Options

i betchya just itching to use your 10c # to order......huh.
    come on pj, tour! so pj_kidd can try it out!

i had a 10c # in 98 but let it lapse like a fool. got back in in 06 and used it for DC.

• Options

i betchya just iching to use your 10c # to order......huh.
    come on pj, tour! so pj_kidd can try it out!

i had a 10c # in 98 but let it lapse like a fool. got back in in 06 and used it for DC.
    Haha I am I am! My mom was a member in 95 but never renewed! I bet we could get front row if she had stayed a member! We rejoined in september 2008 *prays for lottery*
    Did you get front row with the lottery? I didn't think a # from 06 could get front row.
    Shows:
  • Options
    fuckingA 95!

yeah i did. va beach 08. open the url in my siggy.
    06 wasn't front row, not even close but seats weren't too shabby either.

• Options
    fuckingA 95!

yeah i did. va beach 08. open the url in my siggy.
    I know! 1995! her number musta been so low!!! Way to go mom!!!!!!! *fights resentment towards mom* lolol
    Well if you won the lottery I can be hopeful that I will :D

BTW cool website.
    Shows: