Options

Does anyone have a decent picture of the NO WAR Dog tags?

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    He just refunded me the $60 I paid him.

I am glad you got your money back.

Maybe 10c could answer the question, were there variations made?

PJ_ROCKS OUT at every show!!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    I think we know for a fact there were. You said yours were different to the ones pictured earlier, someone else said there's were different again. They are all 100% authentic, from shows or direct from 10C, ergo there are variations.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    bazzer wrote:
    I think we know for a fact there were. You said yours were different to the ones pictured earlier, someone else said there's were different again. They are all 100% authentic, from shows or direct from 10C, ergo there are variations.

Im sure there are variations, my friend has 2 sets they look the same as far as the tags go but the fonts are different, the point here is the fact that the seller was not clear with the transaction he told me and another board member the same thing, he was selling us the only 2 pairs he had. If you have 8 pairs because of a trade that's cool, there is no need to hide it or lie about how many you really have, that just questionable. In my particular case that fact was what raised my suspicions.
    I'm yet to see a picture of anyone's tags that look like the ones I got, so far everyone that has posted a picture, they have been very different from the ones I got.

I really had left this subject die as I started this thread to find out how real were the tags I got and now I know, and I have gotten a refund which is all I wanted if they were not the real deal. So as far as my issue goes it's been resolved and I will take this as a live and learn experience.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Well I thought I wouldn’t stir the waters with this situation but I believe its definitely a good thing for other to be aware of this thief!
    I thought I’d just leave it alone since he returned the money to me and another board member that was scammed by this same guy, and he presented his side of the story which I never believed by the way, he stated he doesn’t know they are fake and he got them through a trade.
    Here are the facts:

When I found out these were fakes, I sent him an email and called him an asshole and a thief, his response to me was and I quote:

“ I’m a regretful of having sold you those dog tags. Please accept my apology and a refund. I’m am sorry”

Now does that sound to you like someone that was defending himself, or surprised to learn that these were fake? Not really. He came out with the story of the trade hours later after he got 3 more emails of angry people asking for a refund. Who trades 8 pairs of dog tags anyway?

Well he sent an email to me and another board member telling us he had refunded our money, money was refunded on April 2nd though today I got an email from Paypal telling me the refund was rejected by the bank… no surprise there, the other board member got the same email and the 4th board member that emailed them never got any type of answer from this guy.

This guy took advantage of me and 3 more board members, and I’m sad that people come to this place to make a profit and lie to others, but what can we do right?

This guy’s first handle was falsebelief and now he has another, I guess now he can change it to whatever he wants at anytime.
    But in case you run into this scumbag and asks you send the money paypal the name that account is under Tricia Hollstein, so beware the real name of this guy though is Michael.

I’m not pissed anymore, its money I wasn’t counting on getting back but for what its worth, I thought I’d out him and keep others from being scammed as well.

Urs,
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    bump - everyone needs to be aware
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Urs. File a claim with Pay Pal. They will refund your money through their own sources I believe.

I could be wrong, but I think you are protected by them even if the seller doesn't have the funds.

Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. It seemed exceedingly obvious through the trail of posts in this thread the the scam artist was full of shit. At least to me.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    And if the scam artist changes his/her user name, then it should change on this thread and the other one. Keep this thing alive, so we will know if that happens. :x
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    yes, for sure, file a claim with payapl... even if the money doesn't mean THAT much to you, it may keep him from being able to do it in the future to somebody else.. if paypal has to pay out for his mis-doings, they will monitor him in the future, and if it adds up to enough they may seek action against him. that'll show him... bastard!!!
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    And if the scam artist changes his/her user name, then it should change on this thread and the other one. Keep this thing alive, so we will know if that happens. :x

I will call paypal and file a complaint for sure, Im more than likely going to call on my lunch break.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Wilds wrote:

I will call paypal and file a complaint for sure, Im more than likely going to call on my lunch break.

Also, notify 10C if you haven't already. This person deserves to have their membership and all privileges revoked immediately. To come on the official 10C board and steal from fellow 10C members is something that simply cannot take place in any form. We should be protected here as well.

Thank you so much for bringing this to everyone's attention.

looks like the other handle is nocodeak, based on the response in this thread...but I think it must be two different accounts, because falsebelief is also still in existence, right?
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I haven't received the promised refund either. Have filed a claim with Paypal.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    I haven't received the promised refund either. Have filed a claim with Paypal.

I did too, I doubt my claim will go anywhere but I hope they cancel his paypal account! and karma is a bitch and I hope it comes to kick him in the ass!!!! :evil:
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    I was willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but sounds like he didn't deserve it. Strike down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I see that I'm somewhat late in this thread, but here's a picture of my tags bought at a show in 03 (I can't remember which one now!)
    media1-7.jpg
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    hmmmmmmmm
    ajb
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    That's an interesting thread.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

PJ_ROCKS" said:

Sorry to say mine are different then those pics!
    no surprise there... as soon as my friend told me that this guy had sold her as well 2 pairs I knew he had taken advantage of both of us, how sad that some people come on the board to pray on others...
    i feel so dumb :(

I guess live and learn...

As always... contact 10c before making a "PJ" purchase.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    I agree with some previous members that believe these are likely all legit variations.
    It all comes down to how the dog tag blanks were loaded into the stamping machine: load them one way and you get that result, load them the opposite way and you get the opposite result.
    Also, here's an eBay auction for dog tags that ended today.
    ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Jam-No-War-Dog-Tag-Necklace-/291204757613?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=a9zuxDuWXA12bm0NFJYSVot0CWQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    edited August 2014
    Post edited by jlaustin on
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    JaneNY said:

I see that I'm somewhat late in this thread, but here's a picture of my tags bought at a show in 03 (I can't remember which one now!)

A little late to this thread, but mine (purchased at a show) look the same as these, I can take more pics if needed. Let me know.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Here are the ones I got:

2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    jlaustin said:

Here are the ones I got:

Hole is on the opposite side of what I have. And I can't tell from your pics. but on mine the letters are raised on the front and indented on the back.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    a5pj said:

jlaustin said:

Here are the ones I got:

Hole is on the opposite side of what I have. And I can't tell from your pics. but on mine the letters are raised on the front and indented on the back.
    Ditto. I bought this from the 10C pop up shop in Seattle and noticed I only have 1 tag.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

There's a thread over in Lost Dogs, I posted pics of the tag I got at the pop up shop in Seattle:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/198961/iso-no-war-dog-tags#latest
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

There's a thread over in Lost Dogs, I posted pics of the tag I got at the pop up shop in Seattle:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/198961/iso-no-war-dog-tags#latest

very cool to keep people informed!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2