Options

Does anyone have a decent picture of the NO WAR Dog tags?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Thanks for posting these and those look just like my friends that got them at the show :(

There is no doubt on my mind that guy was a total scam.. its sad to see people like that on the board...

I feel like a total idiot :cry:

I am so sorry!!! How were you to know. Just try and get your money back, hopefully this person will at least do that, since as you say they are apart of the board and this community!!!

and sorry for taking the pics down!

PEACE

PJ_ROCKS OUT at every show!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Thanks for posting these and those look just like my friends that got them at the show :(

There is no doubt on my mind that guy was a total scam.. its sad to see people like that on the board...

I am so sorry!!! How were you to know. Just try and get your money back, hopefully this person will at least do that, since as you say they are apart of the board and this community!!!

and sorry for taking the pics down!

PEACE

PJ_ROCKS OUT at every show!!!

I will file a complaint with Paypal and the other person that bought them from him is going to file a complaint too, and I will ask my friend to do that as well..
    I'm not expecting to get my money back though :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    I will file a complaint with Paypal and the other person that bought them from him is going to file a complaint too, and I will ask my friend to do that as well..
    I'm not expecting to get my money back though :(

Yeah, definitely start a complaint with Paypal. Save all these pictures so you can really make your case if you have to. Although, I'm sure whomever it is will cave fairly quickly, but you should be protected from PayPal either way. As a matter of fact, I probably wouldn't even bother writing the guy an email - just handle it all through PayPal. He/she isn't worth the time and energy, and wouldn't get the message anyway.

Am I reading this right that you got these off of someone on THIS board? If that is the case then you should absolutely report them to 10C. I'm not one for some of the PJ policing that happens around here, but to take advantage of fellow fans in this way is completely outrageous...everyone on this board is a paying member of 10C, and should, at the very least, be protected from this kind of garbage. I'm certain they would (and should) be kicked out for stealing from other members.

I had to get custom dog tags made for a play I was in...It took about two seconds at an Army Surplus store and cost about .50. If this guy has endless pairs of dog tags, my guess is that is what he is doing. Okay...ranting over...sorry, this kinda stuff make-a me angry.

(and yeah, got my picture back! Still stuck with "Jr." for now...but you're back in full it looks)
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    just so you know, the picture you posted in like the 3rd post is correct. i bought them in brisbane and they look exactly like that
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    the dog tags are the same as mine,i bought them from the ten club so they must have done a tour version and a ten club version.
    COYS!
  • Options
    just checked my order history with ten club,i purchased the dog tags on 16th feb 2004 and they cost $5.
    the ones you have are the real deal so dont worry! :P
    COYS!
  • Options
    just checked my order history with ten club,i purchased the dog tags on 16th feb 2004 and they cost $5.

They are not. I was so pissed yesterday I sent him an email and gave him a piece of my mind.
    He replied today and told me he was regretful of having sold me those dog tags and to please accept his apology and a refund.

Hopefully the refund will come through with not much delay.
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854

They are not. I was so pissed yesterday I sent him an email and gave him a piece of my mind.
    He replied today and told me he was regretful of having sold me those dog tags and to please accept his apology and a refund.

:( Crappy. At least you're getting a refund.

Can I ask what you paid for them? and where you bought them? Not sure if you posted that info, maybe I just missed it.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options

:( Crappy. At least you're getting a refund.

Can I ask what you paid for them? and where you bought them? Not sure if you posted that info, maybe I just missed it.

I paid $60 total including shipping for both pairs. I bought them through a guy on the board, but he is giving me a refund and apologized for having sold me those, so in a way (late or not) he is making amends for what he did.
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    I paid $60 total including shipping for both pairs. I bought them through a guy on the board, but he is giving me a refund and apologized for having sold me those, so in a way (late or not) he is making amends for what he did.

Thanks. I just figure getting a heads up for anyone else who's looking isn't a bad thing.

Again, I'm glad the seller is doing the right thing, even if it's too little, to late.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options

Thanks. I just figure getting a heads up for anyone else who's looking isn't a bad thing.

Again, I'm glad the seller is doing the right thing, even if it's too little, to late.

Well on the email he sent me he sounded like he always felt bad about selling me those (not that it erases that what he did was wrong) maybe he needed the money ... Sometimes people make really fucked up decisions when they are in need of money...
    If I don't get a refund this week, you can count on me posting his handle on the title of the thread though.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Well on the email he sent me he sounded like he always felt bad about selling me those (not that it erases that what he did was wrong) maybe he needed the money ... Sometimes people make really fucked up decisions when they are in need of money...
    If I don't get a refund this week, you can count on me posting his handle on the title of the thread though.

you are much nicer than I am. I would've crucified this guy. I understand not posting the handle here, and you're good peeps for that, but I still think 10C should be made aware...there is no place for that nonsense on this board. It's great that you got a refund, but what about the potentially many others he/she has done this to? Is everyone getting their money back? Bet not.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I have to agree with Jr.

This guy preyed upon at least 3 people that WE know about. How many more has he scammed.

Sure he is apologetic and feels bad, HE GOT CAUGHT!

Without that you are shit out of luck for $60.00 and he made a $55.00 profit. That is the worst of the worst.

Every year people buy fake crap on here and eBay, get screwed on ticket purchases, and the other persons trade "gets lost in the mail". This guy and guys like him are the reason why.

This guys is a grade "A" Piece of Shit and I hope if you don't turn him in, then one of the other 3 or MORE people who had money STOLEN from them do. :twisted: (twisted rant of evil over)
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    yeah, i gotta say.. if he admitted to it being a scam, i'd wait to get the refund from him (if it ever even comes...) and report him anyway. nothing is going to stop him from doing it agian to some other unsuspecting fan. at least if you report him to the Ten club, they can try to see that he is removed to eliminate it happening again. he already did it 3 times (that we know of) and got away with it until now.

it's a matter of principle... we all would like to think we can avoid ebay fees by making trades/sales here with other fans without being taken advantage of... guys like this ruin it for all the honest folks. screw him!!

thus endeth the sermon.
  • Options
    I really don't know if someone else other than the 2 other people that I already know of got scammed as well, I didn’t think about more people being out there that bought these as well.

Here is the original thread, unfortunately the fist post is already edited by the OP.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=92867&hilit=ames
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    edited April 2009
    Bollards, I bought some from them too! :(
    Post edited by strummers on
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Just sent this;

"Hello,

I understand that the dog tags you sold are fake. Suffice to say I am completely and utterly disappointed and appauled that a fellow fan would take advantage of people within the same 'communinty'. I expect a full refund of the $30 in the next 2 days or I wil be taking the matter further.

I would appreciate a quick reply."

Hopefully they'll get back to me soon. :evil:
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Thanks for posting these PJ_ROCKS and those look just like my friend's that got them at the show :(

You´re not an idiot...........whoever sold you these fakes is.......
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    strummers wrote:
    Bollards, I bought some from them too! :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry, I guess Wilds and Cinamon Girl were right about me posting the thread, now you are the 4th person I know of including me that bought these tags :(

One of the other girls I know got 2 pairs from the guy got an email from the guy too today telling her he will refund her the money, i bought 2 pairs so he has to give me back $60 ... but I'm really not holding my breath though :?
    Post edited by Mrs.Vedder78 on
  • Options
    He just refunded me the $60 I paid him.
  • Options
    Glad you got your money back!

And by posting the original message helped out Strummers who otherwise might have been kept in the dark.

Plus I'll add that dude to my DO NOT TRADE with list. It now has 1 name. :x
  • Options
    you guys make me laugh!,as im the only one who has stated buying the dog tags from ten club back in 2004 and are clearly the same as the so called fake ones what is the big deal?
    COYS!
  • Options
    nocode aknocode ak Posts: 176
    I am the one this thread is directed at. This was just brought to my attention yesterday and I am issuing immediate refunds. Sounds like there are different variations out there and that they are all legit! ie:fans whom bought these at shows have indicated so and the tags vary from location bought (Australia, USA, 10 CLUB). I however, traded for these from a fan (8 pair), and therefore can not vouch for them. It is not and was not my intent to sell fake tags. There are plenty of people here that can vouch for my integrity and honest business deals. I am sad to be associated with this and that is what I expressed in my emails to those whom have contacted me. I am researching the matter and contacting the individual responsible at this time, to no avail. People should not jump to conclusions and be so assuming. Thank you for your understanding. Again, I am not sure these are fakes, however, I am more than willing to issue a refund to those who are dissatisfied.
  • Options
    you guys make me laugh!,as im the only one who has stated buying the dog tags from ten club back in 2004 and are clearly the same as the so called fake ones what is the big deal?

Would you like to buy a poster for more than face value even if it was a copy someone made of the original? Hmm probably not right?

My problem has been solved though; the seller has issued me a refund. He has given his explanation to the events and now it’s up for each individual to accept it as the truth or not.
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    nocodeak wrote:
    I am the one this thread is directed at. This was just brought to my attention yesterday and I am issuing immediate refunds. Sounds like there are different variations out there and that they are all legit! ie:fans whom bought these at shows have indicated so and the tags vary from location bought (Australia, USA, 10 CLUB). I however, traded for these from a fan (8 pair), and therefore can not vouch for them. It is not and was not my intent to sell fake tags. There are plenty of people here that can vouch for my integrity and honest business deals. I am sad to be associated with this and that is what I expressed in my emails to those whom have contacted me. I am researching the matter and contacting the individual responsible at this time, to no avail. People should not jump to conclusions and be so assuming. Thank you for your understanding. Again, I am not sure these are fakes, however, I am more than willing to issue a refund to those who are dissatisfied.

sounds like a fake apology.

that was a joke! thanks for coming forward!! just giving you a little ribbing!
  • Options
    Well if you were legitimately scammed when someone traded these eight dog tags to you then I apologize.

However it seemed to me as if you claimed to have bought "2 pairs.....at the show", according to the OP's first post.

If someone is keeping score, are we only at 8 pairs, or are there more?

Hope it was an honest mistake, and it is good you are making amends. Just don't want to see people screwed over here in a place where trust and honesty are so important for the community.

I’m asking because I want to compare the ones I bought from someone not to long ago.
    I couldn’t buy them at the show on 2003 so when I saw someone selling them I jumped right on them.
    I contacted the seller and he told me he had 2 pairs he had bought at the show and he was selling me both pairs.

I was talking to a friend of mine and she told me very excited that she finally bought the Dog Tags, one for her and one for her husband, I asked her where she found them and she gave me the name of the person and it happens to be the same guy I bought them from, the same guy that told me he only had 2 pairs.

So call me paranoid, but who buys 4 pairs of dog tags at the show at $20 a pop? So now I’m a little suspicious that his may have been fakes, so before totally jumping to conclusions I would like to compare mine with someone that has their pair bought at the show. Who knows maybe the guy did have 4 pairs of dog tags after all.
    There is nothing I can do now, but I still want to find out.

I would really appreciate you guys’ help.

Urs, :)
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Bought mine during the '03 tour and have been hanging on my rearview mirror ever since.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    oh what a tangled web we weave...........
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I am willing to bet that there are variations on all the dog tags. As they ran out at shows they ordered more and were slightly different. I bought some off ebay a few years ago, now i wonder if they are real. You could get these printed up for real cheap in a number of places.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,779
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Bought mine during the '03 tour and have been hanging on my rearview mirror ever since.
    What kind of car do you drive? ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14