Options

ITEM FOR SALE... NOW SOLD!!!!!

hitmanhitman Posts: 469
edited April 2009 in The Porch
ok, so i have this pretty cool promo item that i am thinking about selling... it was available only to select record stores when Yield was released.... it's basically a large cardboard stand up deal with a large yield sign that says pearl jam on one side and yield on the other.. it is meant to hold cds, has artwork from all the albums up to yield, and is in great condition...

i've never seen another one so i am guessing/hoping it's pretty rare. the only caveat is that it'd be hard to ship, (the base is 4 ft. tall and the yield sign around 5 ft.) unless i broke it down and shipped flat.

here are some hyperlinks...

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9863/4 ... 050alb.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2610 ... 050alb.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7977 ... 050alb.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6193 ... 50albd.jpg

653568346705_0_ALB.jpg

543568346705_0_ALB.jpg

253568346705_0_ALB.jpg

829838346705_0_ALB.jpg

429838346705_0_ALB.jpg

A MINNEAPOLIS/WISCONSIN FAN WOULD BE BEST AND CHEAPEST.... WHEREAS THE ITEM CAN BE SHIPPED, IT'D OBVIOUSLY BE MUCH EASIER TO JUST DELIVER. (WHICH I MIGHT BE WILLING TO DO.)

AGAIN, SHIPPING IS AN OPTION!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Tenzing N.Tenzing N. Posts: 466
    I have a few record store promo set-ups and with a few exceptions most of these type of items seem pretty poorly made. (foam core and cardboard) And they always seem to have some condition of wear from being in a store.
    I would start at $20 but that's just a guess.
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    i'd pay $0 for cardboard, sorry
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    BH71937 wrote:
    any rough guesses at where to start the bidding?

$8.50
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    Put up some pictures or something, if we get a look at it, then maybe we all could judge the price a little bit better. If anything, I might offer some bit of money to you for it.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    i'd pay $0 for cardboard, sorry
    I'll bid .01
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I had one of these in college. chucked it. it was cool, but no good place to keep it and took up too much space. being an obsessed fan who the store owners knew was cool in high school college. got me some cool stuff.

remember record stores?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    non-entity wrote:
    I had one of these in college. chucked it. it was cool, but no good place to keep it and took up too much space. being an obsessed fan who the store owners knew was cool in high school college. got me some cool stuff.

remember record stores?
    what's a store?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    you people will FLIP anything...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    BH71937 wrote:
    ok, so i have this pretty cool promo item that i am thinking about selling... it was available only to select record stores when Yield was released.... it's basically a large cardboard stand up deal with a large yield sign that says pearl jam on one side and yield on the other.. it is meant to hold cds, has artwork from all the albums up to yield, and is in great condition...

anyone ever heard of such an item? any rough guesses at where to start the bidding? i've never seen another one so i am guessing/hoping it's pretty rare. the only caveat is that it'd be hard to ship, (the base is 4 ft. tall and the yield sign around 5 ft.) unless i broke it down and shipped flat.
    Oh, yeah...."garbage, $0, .01"....these hard cores will try to low ball you and then steal it! :o:mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    that sounds so fuckin hard to ship.
    Put up some pics ;)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options

firstly... i'm not a flipper. at least not by my definition of the word... to me, a flipper is someone who will buy multiple copies of an item at the time of release and keep them sealed with the intention of reselling once they're not available and getting several times the original value.

i think of myself as an obsessive collector... i still have the mailing envelope that my sonic reducer x-mas single came in in '92... i have the flannel i found in the pit at lollapalooza @ harriet island. i bought 3 copies of no code way back when just to get the other polaroid/lyrics... i don't plan on selling any items when i buy them.

that being said, the promo display in question has been draped in a sheet for far too long, and if my house wasn't littered with guitars and distortion pedals, i'd display it somewhere myself. i figured i'd throw it out there and see if anyone had ever seen one or if it was worth something to a serious collector.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Start the auction at $10. People on E-bay will buy anything!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    CJMST3K wrote:
    BH71937 wrote:

$8.50

close. only off by $8.50.

Seriously though. Good luck. I've got a big No Code promo display that's like a mobile and a Vitalogy promo display that is just a huge album cover and a huge vinyl record (both thin cardboard) that are in a closet somewhere. It would be nice to know there's potential.

...and the doormat.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    i'll have some pics tomorrow....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    HeavyHands wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    BH71937 wrote:
    $8.50
    ...and the doormat.
    $17 ? Seems like an odd place to start. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Start the auction at $10. People on E-bay will buy anything!

True! Although I bought an actual Yield street sign on Ebay for only $11 so $10 for a cardboard version may be a little steep, even if it is an honest to goodness, authentic PJ collectable ;)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    Pictures would be good....If it is a really cool thing people will pay.

I sell lots of stuff on ebay...I start all of my auctions at .99 regardless of what it is worth...It is an attention-getter and gets the bidding war going......there is a buyer for anything...

I bet there are TONS of PJ geeks scanning ebay each day/minute for new PJ memorabilia....I bet you'd get lucky!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    funnygirl wrote:
    Pictures would be good....If it is a really cool thing people will pay.

I sell lots of stuff on ebay...I start all of my auctions at .99 regardless of what it is worth...It is an attention-getter and gets the bidding war going......there is a buyer for anything...

I bet there are TONS of PJ geeks scanning ebay each day/minute for new PJ memorabilia....I bet you'd get lucky!
    It wouldn't take long for Jeremy's Spoken to let us know here!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I would prob give you $40 or so for it if it is in good condition. It can and SHOULD be broke down for shipping. I have one from the Binaural release, one from the riot act release and one from the 2000 boot release. They look nice in my PJ House with all the cds in them! This would be a nice addition.....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    I would prob give you $40 or so for it if it is in good condition. It can and SHOULD be broke down for shipping. I have one from the Binaural release, one from the riot act release and one from the 2000 boot release. They look nice in my PJ House with all the cds in them! This would be a nice addition.....
    post some pics- please!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    HeavyHands wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    BH71937 wrote:

$8.50

Seriously though. Good luck. I've got a big No Code promo display that's like a mobile and a Vitalogy promo display that is just a huge album cover and a huge vinyl record (both thin cardboard) that are in a closet somewhere. It would be nice to know there's potential.

...and the doormat.

Wow... I forgot about the doormat. That takes me back! I always wanted that.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    mickeyrat wrote:
    "$17 ? Seems like an odd place to start." :mrgreen:

How did I know someone was going to do that. ;)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    i'm sorry people... i never got to take those pics last night... stupid band practice!!! : )

i'll get 'em up this weekend for sure.... i've held on to it for over 10 years now... what's a few more days, hmmm?
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i have two of the top parts (one seen in the photo), the yield signs and the pole. the bottom as i recall was huge, and cumbersome, and got tossed most of the time. you could probably sell it, but before you even list it i'd figure out how to ship it first....

bd10d806-1.jpg

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    that's it, alright... yeah, i know shipping may be a b*tch... i'm hoping for a Minneapolis collector! : )

on the flip side, if the bottom DID get tossed most of the time... guess that makes the complete set even more rare.

and... i still plan to put up pix this weekend....
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Actually, a flipper is someone who buys something and immediately sells it for several times the cost when it sells out quickly and people are in a panic that they won't get one. That's why it's called flipping (think about it). A collector holds on to things, even several copies (that's why it's called collecting), and may sell them later at market value. Check out some of the more famous art auction houses that have been around for eons. I think it's funny how everyone gets their panties in a wad over this crap. Flip, collect, buy, sell.. Who gives a shit? If you don't ever sell off some of your stuff at market value, how do you afford paying market value for other pieces you didn't manage to get for cost? Some people need to get off their soap boxes. (not pointed at you, Speedy.. This was just a great place to insert a bitchy comment) ;)

Peace
    BH71937 wrote:

firstly... i'm not a flipper. at least not by my definition of the word... to me, a flipper is someone who will buy multiple copies of an item at the time of release and keep them sealed with the intention of reselling once they're not available and getting several times the original value.

i think of myself as an obsessive collector... i still have the mailing envelope that my sonic reducer x-mas single came in in '92... i have the flannel i found in the pit at lollapalooza @ harriet island. i bought 3 copies of no code way back when just to get the other polaroid/lyrics... i don't plan on selling any items when i buy them.

that being said, the promo display in question has been draped in a sheet for far too long, and if my house wasn't littered with guitars and distortion pedals, i'd display it somewhere myself. i figured i'd throw it out there and see if anyone had ever seen one or if it was worth something to a serious collector.
    Just me
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    you are ALL flippers.....

some of us can admit to being a flipper....

some of us cant.....

be we are ALL flippers....................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    this guy is the biggest flipper of them all....

flipper.jpg
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    BH71937 wrote:
    that's it, alright... yeah, i know shipping may be a b*tch... i'm hoping for a Minneapolis collector! : )

on the flip side, if the bottom DID get tossed most of the time... guess that makes the complete set even more rare.

Am I too guess my offer wasnt good enough since this is still being bumped and promoted? lol
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    BH71937 wrote:

Am I too guess my offer wasnt good enough since this is still being bumped and promoted? lol

ummm... i have had a couple of others interested, so i want to put up the pix for people before promising it to anybody.... but you're the only one who has made an offer, so you're first on the list!