Options

what are some essential boots a Jamhead must have?

13»

Comments

• Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    AndySlash wrote:
    every one needs to get off the high horse of the bonaroo show it was okay thats it...

Why?

I've been to 15 PJ shows and Bonnaroo was the best one I've been to. This includes San Diego '06, two '05 Canadian shows and the somewhat underrated Minneapolis '98.

By the time the tour ended, Bonnaroo looked like just an average 08 show. But it wasn't, at all. No fan could have expected what transpired that night. Hard To Imagine? All Night? Love Reign? WMA? Release in an encore? Watchtower to close? Lighters EVERYWHERE for Betterman? 10min Porch with an impassioned speech as the centerpiece? I could go on and on. All of this in the middle of a fucking farm field in bumfuck Tennessee on a perfect night. I don't think I could have asked for much more.

thats good enuff for me!!!im ordering a damn copy from 10c right now!!!
    sounds like a great great show, thanks :D
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    metsfan wrote:
    indio(shoe the shoeless)

Agree! Indio is a must have!

I'd also check out Champaign, IL 2003 opened with DTE...
    WS168245 wrote:
    Soldier Field 1995

This is a must have too...
  • Options
    CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    Avoid the 08 boots for 2 reasons.
    1. The mix was horrible, instruments fading in & out, no crowd noise. Weird.
    2. PJ takes a while to warm up, normally their first 10 shows or so are quite sloppy. The 08 tour was short and full or errors. Ok it may of been great to be there, and see all the rarities, but it doesn't make for very good listening.

I'd go for the following.

1) - Paris 06 - Quite neglected as a show but the band are tight and rockin'. It's pretty Riot Act heavy in the main set. Absolute steller versions of Betterman, RVM, Daughter, Corduroy, Alive. + some stranger stuff Half Full, Thumbing, Parachutes.

2) - State College - Its long, very long, and at times messy, but a great boot. The main set is almost flawless, and the encore includes the very best version of Crazy Mary I've heard.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    pjamfan91 wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:
    every one needs to get off the high horse of the bonaroo show it was okay thats it...

Why?

I've been to 15 PJ shows and Bonnaroo was the best one I've been to. This includes San Diego '06, two '05 Canadian shows and the somewhat underrated Minneapolis '98.

By the time the tour ended, Bonnaroo looked like just an average 08 show. But it wasn't, at all. No fan could have expected what transpired that night. Hard To Imagine? All Night? Love Reign? WMA? Release in an encore? Watchtower to close? Lighters EVERYWHERE for Betterman? 10min Porch with an impassioned speech as the centerpiece? I could go on and on. All of this in the middle of a fucking farm field in bumfuck Tennessee on a perfect night. I don't think I could have asked for much more.

I'm getting sold on it too... is it 3 cd's or just 2?
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    ="soulsinging"]
    pjamfan91 wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:

Why?

I'm getting sold on it too... is it 3 cd's or just 2?[/quote]

its 2
    i spread the bonnaroo bootleg like the good word
    im about to get a white shirt and tie and a mountain bike and go door to door with it
  • Options
    Grand Rapids '06, Columbus '00
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    Berlin 2000
    Hamburg 2000
    Mountain View 2000 (halloween)
    Santa Barbara 2003
    San Diego 2006 (and even 03...if you can find a copy with the first Arc ever - taken out on official bootleg)
    Hawaii 2006 - Yellow Ledbetter with a full (Ed Singing) Little Wing caps an entire tour.
    Cleveland 2003
    Pittsburg 2003
    Vancouver 05
    Washington DC 08
    Bridge School 2001....or 2000, I forget....with Last Soldier? Must be 2000
    Goodluck on these, but thought I would throw them in here:
    Ed Chicago 1, '08!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ed Santa Barbara
    Ed Santa Cruz
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"