Options

what are some essential boots a Jamhead must have?

Comments

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,301
    lots of good mentions so far. i'll add a few...

orpheum '94
    slims cafe '93
    san diego '95
    boston '98
    west palm '98
    milan '00
    alpine '03
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    LukinFan wrote:
    so damn well said- what about the part when everyone started throwing their glow sticks- a few almost hit Ed :mrgreen:

Well said indeed. Never thought I'd see a glowstick war at a PJ show until they signed on to play Bonnaroo. The farm is the best venue to see any artist. The sound there is as good as it gets and the crowd of 80,000 music fans coming together for a weekend brings a great vibe. Most bands put on stellar shows there and Pearl Jam did not disappoint.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned State College 2003 yet. Still a great show to listen to despite the fuck ups. I'd also suggest Bridge School 2001.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    every one needs to get off the high horse of the bonaroo show it was okay thats it... And all these websites popping up with mp3 dowloads of bootlegs that were originally Flac's and were asked not to create mp3 versions of the show. You guys are flooding the market with crap and it really needs to end. Im not saying to cant make mp3 versions for yourself but dont spread it..
    well that changed obivously cause the band doesnt care anymore just as long as its not stuff that isnt supposed to be out there like the ed solo shows. bonnaroo was one of the better shows the band has done in a long ass time. looks like you need to get off your high horse
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I like Buffalo 03

most of the others mentioned are great as well.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    "all of them!" ;)
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Soldier Field 1995
    Philly 2005
    Honolulu 2006 (Hawaii 78 is Awesome!)

Great stuff in all of these shows!!

I can'tbeleive that it took 3 pages to bring up the Soldier Field show
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    NeilJam wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    so damn well said- what about the part when everyone started throwing their glow sticks- a few almost hit Ed :mrgreen:

Well said indeed. Never thought I'd see a glowstick war at a PJ show until they signed on to play Bonnaroo. The farm is the best venue to see any artist. The sound there is as good as it gets and the crowd of 80,000 music fans coming together for a weekend brings a great vibe. Most bands put on stellar shows there and Pearl Jam did not disappoint.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned State College 2003 yet. Still a great show to listen to despite the fuck ups. I'd also suggest Bridge School 2001.

State College despite that dumb ass kid yelling the whole show.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited March 2009
    Boston 03 experiment for sure.
    Benaroya hall 03.
    Boston 94
    Pinkpop 92 or any other soundboard 92 show.

<then insert any other shows you have been to in here>
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    TIVOLI 92
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    NeilJam wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

if it was so overrated how come this isn't the first thread that gets turned into b-roo love fest?
    i still get chills listening to the bootleg :D

awful sound but heres the glowsticks ur talkin about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbCSE2p ... -fresh+div
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    NeilJam wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

if it was so overrated how come this isn't the first thread that gets turned into b-roo love fest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbCSE2p ... -fresh+div

One comment is like "LOOK YOU CAN SEE THE GLOWSTICK I THREW"

Why would you want to throw one at Eddie :S
  • Options

I'm surprised no one has mentioned State College 2003 yet. Still a great show to listen to despite the fuck ups. I'd also suggest Bridge School 2001.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbCSE2p ... -fresh+div[/quote]

One comment is like "LOOK YOU CAN SEE THE GLOWSTICK I THREW"

Why would you want to throw one at Eddie :S[/quote]
    too funny, i thought the same thing
    i remember being there watching..he just asked for one then the whole place started chucking them..
    i felt bad..
    but i also was in a different place at the time
  • Options
    alzalz Posts: 6
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    I can'tbeleive that it took 3 pages to bring up the Soldier Field show

Totally agree I was amazed. It was an amazing show (like Atlanta 94 was), but that boot you get a great cover that they only played once (everyday people) and a great cover that they only played 4 times (let my love open the door) on top of a really solid set...So I'd definitely go with:

Chicago '95 - Soldier Field
    East Troy '03 - Alpine Valley

though there are plenty more if I sit down and think about it for a while.
  • Options
    Verona......
    Verona......
    oh, yeah, Verona... :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    I have the unoffical 3-disc of soldier field and it's pretty rough...but, it is an unofficial boot after all...I still like it quite a bit...such energy back in the day!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    I agree with all the above, but I can't believe nobody's mentioned any of the following:

Chicago '00
    Osaka '03
    Missoula, MT '03
    Grand Rapids '06

Cincinnati, Columbus 2000
    Baltimore 2013
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    VERONA OR FILA FORUM ARE THE SHIT
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    A few favorites...if I am remembering correctly
    Hawaii 1992
    Atlanta 1994
    Boston 1994
    Red Rocks 1995
    Soldier Field 1995
    Berlin 1996
    Jones Beach 1996
    Seattle 2000
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    AndySlash wrote:
    is there a way to get a LOLLA 07 boot?

Official FLAC and mp3: http://lolla.livedownloads.com/show.asp?show=2073

Sonova bitch... and I bought the shitty aac version from itunes. Fuck me sideways.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I like Buffalo 03

most of the others mentioned are great as well.

That show was better than the more well known State College the next night. I was at both.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    is there a way to get a LOLLA 07 boot?

Official FLAC and mp3: http://lolla.livedownloads.com/show.asp?show=2073

Sonova bitch... and I bought the shitty aac version from itunes. Fuck me sideways.

How come that site doesn't have PJ listed as a possible download when you log in? I gave them my credit card and everything and it gave me a download link, but nothing downloaded, there was an error:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: ''

/lib/clearrights.asp, line 233

and now I can't see anything anywhere on the site about downloading it?
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    LukinFan wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:
    every one needs to get off the high horse of the bonaroo show it was okay thats it...

Why?

I've been to 15 PJ shows and Bonnaroo was the best one I've been to. This includes San Diego '06, two '05 Canadian shows and the somewhat underrated Minneapolis '98.

By the time the tour ended, Bonnaroo looked like just an average 08 show. But it wasn't, at all. No fan could have expected what transpired that night. Hard To Imagine? All Night? Love Reign? WMA? Release in an encore? Watchtower to close? Lighters EVERYWHERE for Betterman? 10min Porch with an impassioned speech as the centerpiece? I could go on and on. All of this in the middle of a fucking farm field in bumfuck Tennessee on a perfect night. I don't think I could have asked for much more.

One did hit him during Alive. The glowstick throwing pissed me off to be honest... I was close to turning around and whoopin some ass! The only way I can describe Roo, which could have been just me with heat exhaustion, is there was a fog/mist in the air that night. It was weird as hell! That show will never be topped, end of story! I may have even seen a better setlist 2 nights later at Columbia but it just doesnt compare....
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Bonnaroo is one one of the best bootlegs I've ever heard. I could only imagine how incredible that show must've been. I would EASILY rank 'roo in my top 5 favorite bootlegs, in fact it is probably number one.

The 2nd best from 08 was definately Hartford. The band was on FIRE that night. The setlist was phenominal, and it has probably the best Not For You I've ever heard.

Other amazing shows I havent seen mentioned:
    Grand Rapids 06
    Boston night 2 06
    Newcastle 06

(I listen to alot of the 2000 and up shows)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    My two cents on Bonnaroo...

Prior to Roo I'd seen PJ 12 times including Atlanta '94. Now, don't get me wrong, nothing will top the show I saw in Atlanta in '94. Also, Charlotte Memorial Stadium in 96 was truly amazing. But I'd always hoped PJ would play Bonnaroo because I'd been the two years prior and it's a festival I truly love going to. So it was a dream come true when I saw that PJ would be headlining. I shed tears during that performance! When Ed stopped singing during the beginning of Betterman, looked out over the crowd at all the lighters and glow sticks and 80,000 people all coming together to see the band, and you could tell he was genuinely moved by it and he said "That's fucking amazing" and stepped away from the mic for a minute to look out over the crowd and I got the feeling he was trying to burn that moment into his brain much like I was. It was powerful. I've rewatched it probably ten times so far on the Bonnaroo DVD and I never get tired of it. Occasionally there are those unforgettable show moments and this was one of them for me. I have chills even as I write this remembering that night. So for any of you Bonnaroo PJ performance haters out there...this was not an average PJ show. Ed seemed to personally have a lot going on...the death of Tim Russert and he gave a shout out to Tim's son Luke. He also referenced a friend badly injured in Iraq who was not doing so well. Lots of emotion in that show. And yes, lots of Ed talking about issues that are important to him and the band and to many of us. That's all. Just wanted to share that memory with you all.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    cincy...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:

How come that site doesn't have PJ listed as a possible download when you log in? I gave them my credit card and everything and it gave me a download link, but nothing downloaded, there was an error:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: ''

/lib/clearrights.asp, line 233

and now I can't see anything anywhere on the site about downloading it?

bump... anyone know how to get Lolla in flac? I'm not keen on just the 128 bit copy. Has the whole itunes store upgraded to 256?
  • Options
    AtlantaJammer"]
    LukinFan wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:
    every one needs to get off the high horse of the bonaroo show it was okay thats it...

Why?

I've been to 15 PJ shows and Bonnaroo was the best one I've been to. This includes San Diego '06, two '05 Canadian shows and the somewhat underrated Minneapolis '98.

By the time the tour ended, Bonnaroo looked like just an average 08 show. But it wasn't, at all. No fan could have expected what transpired that night. Hard To Imagine? All Night? Love Reign? WMA? Release in an encore? Watchtower to close? Lighters EVERYWHERE for Betterman? 10min Porch with an impassioned speech as the centerpiece? I could go on and on. All of this in the middle of a fucking farm field in bumfuck Tennessee on a perfect night. I don't think I could have asked for much more.

One did hit him during Alive. The glowstick throwing pissed me off to be honest... I was close to turning around and whoopin some ass! The only way I can describe Roo, which could have been just me with heat exhaustion, is there was a fog/mist in the air that night. It was weird as hell! That show will never be topped, end of story! I may have even seen a better setlist 2 nights later at Columbia but it just doesnt compare....[/quote]
    im sure we've had this conversation before but im just so glad people get how amazing that night was..
    luckily i didnt get any direct hits from glow sticks and had access to water but man...
    that really was well said...just a special energy that i can still feel from the bootleg..
    then 2 days later with present tense into whipping into i got shit!
    i debate columbia v bonnaroo too many times :D:D:D
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I remember on the old board we created kind of like a hall of fame for boots. Did that make it over?
  • Options
    roubalroubal Posts: 82
    Katowice 2, 2000
  • Options
    wayne823wayne823 Posts: 67
    Chicago 2000
    Alpine Valley 2003
    Soldier Field 1995
    Atlanta 1994