Options

So my daughter enjoys "Guaranteed"

Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67
edited January 2008 in The Porch
My first child, Morgan Olivia, was born on January 5th. Due to several complications, she had to spend 8 days in the NICUs at two different hospitals before we were able to take her home. Anyway, I had her on my lap the other morning and was able to watch Ed's video for "Guaranteed" for the first time, and while I certainly enjoyed it, she stopped fussing and stared at the monitor for the duration of the song. We later saw the video on VH1, and she did the same thing. It's probably coincidence, but her mom and I used to play that song (amongst others) for her while she was in the womb. Anyway, I'm just glad she's started early on with liking good music. Hopefully, we won't have to go through a "Hannah Montana" phase...
10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    :)

You've done well.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    When my son Sebestian (11.12.07) is crying I sing "release" and he calms down. Can't wait 'till he is old enough to see PJ!!!
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    beachybeachy Posts: 30
    My first daughter, 'Siena Louise Beach' was also born on the 5th of January this year. Thanks for the tip with 'guaranteed'. At 3am I'll take anything that manages to settle her down.

Must have sleep!!!!!
  • Options
    Abner11 wrote:
    Hopefully, we won't have to go through a "Hannah Montana" phase...

oh, you will....

;)
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    Abner11 wrote:
    My first child, Morgan Olivia, was born on January 5th. Due to several complications, she had to spend 8 days in the NICUs at two different hospitals before we were able to take her home. Anyway, I had her on my lap the other morning and was able to watch Ed's video for "Guaranteed" for the first time, and while I certainly enjoyed it, she stopped fussing and stared at the monitor for the duration of the song. We later saw the video on VH1, and she did the same thing. It's probably coincidence, but her mom and I used to play that song (amongst others) for her while she was in the womb. Anyway, I'm just glad she's started early on with liking good music. Hopefully, we won't have to go through a "Hannah Montana" phase...
    i won't get into the whole, 'he/she liked this' and it calmed him/her down, but after my son was born and he was colically the first 2 months, 'in my tree' from the MSG DVD always helped.
    i was convinced it was the beat.

either way...
    whatever he ends up liking...
    for my wife (who likes PJ, but not to the extent i do)...having that song has been a blessing.
  • Options
    That's cool. Probably not coincidence. The night after my son was conceived, we saw Ministry. He's 7 1/2 now and still loves Ministry. Go figure!

Congratulations! Awesome that she's home!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 California Posts: 594
    Hey, 3 days after my birthday. Early January is a good time to have a birthday :D Looks like she's got a head start with good music too :cool:
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • Options
    Too bad you're daughter isn't an Academy member ;)
  • Options
    My daughter Lily who's now four loved Fatal from Lost Dogs when she was just born but now, well i don't want to disapoint you.... now she loves all that Hanna Montana and Zoe 101 stuff on the kids channels and she tells me to "turn that off daddy, its far to loud" when i put on PJ. Maybe she'll come back to the fold when she's older! She also watches a show called Drake and Josh and while being forced to watch it the other night i was amazed to see a PJ poster on their bedroom wall! anyone else spot it?
  • Options
    My daughter Lily who's now four loved Fatal from Lost Dogs when she was just born but now, well i don't want to disapoint you.... now she loves all that Hanna Montana and Zoe 101 stuff on the kids channels and she tells me to "turn that off daddy, its far to loud" when i put on PJ. Maybe she'll come back to the fold when she's older! She also watches a show called Drake and Josh and while being forced to watch it the other night i was amazed to see a PJ poster on their bedroom wall! anyone else spot it?

My son watches Drake and Josh as well, He actually pointed it out to me when we were watching the other day.......I guess our kids pick up much more than we think....:)