Options

Hard to imagine

WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 455
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I just got goosebumps listening to Hard to imagine from the Vic show. Probably one of the best live versions ever. The crowd singing is perfect.
'93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    I like the one on the Gorge box set. I think it was the 2005 show, but yes I love that song live!
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    WWS wrote:
    I just got goosebumps listening to Hard to imagine from the Vic show. Probably one of the best live versions ever. The crowd singing is perfect.
    That was a moment to be in. I couldn't believe my luck just being at the Vic. Hearing Hard To Imagine was completely amazing.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Options
    listen to Halifax. they opened up with it.

intense.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I like the one on the Gorge box set. I think it was the 2005 show, but yes I love that song live!

i could not believe we got that song on that day....never thought id see it!

paint a picture.....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I'm in love with that song since I heard it in Copenhagen.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    edited November 2016
    I wore an atrocious Neon Green Shirt with Play H2i Pussies in glitter outlined in black on it all day(I think the words baked permanently onto my skin it was so fucking hot). I wreaked of BO, and pretty much shit in my pants when they started playing it (1st time in 10+ shows) It also had a callout for BostonLou and hein-Helen (both of whom I was priviledged to meet that day along with probably 20 other pit diehards)
    http://www.michaelfreitag.com/h2ishirt1.jpg
    http://www.michaelfreitag.com/h2ishirt2.jpg
    h2ishirt1.jpg
    <br>
    h2ishirt2.jpg
    why can I not get the IMG code to work! I have it typed with no spaces and it just links, but not show the pictures! ARGHHH Can you only post pics in the art wall?

1. the solo was Amamzing
    2. The intro guitar was not too piercing
    3. Ed's subtle background ahhhhs near the end made it perfect
    4. Ed didn't totally fuck the lyrics up
    if the show woul dhave ended there I would have been happier than a pig in shit....it didn't

Holy shit that show was unreal
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    i could not believe we got that song on that day....never thought id see it!

paint a picture.....

Yeah sorry to say I wish i could've been three, I got the two 2006 shows, but didn;t make it in '05
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    WWS wrote:

the version from the gorge 05 will ALWAYS be my favorite. Either way, Eds voice on this song is freakin PERFECT.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    I wore an atrocious Neon Green Shirt with Play H2i Pussies in glitter outlined in black on it all day(I think the words baked permanently onto my skin it was so fucking hot). I wreaked of BO, and pretty much shit in my pants when they started playing it (1st time in 10+ shows) It also had a callout for BostonLou and hein-Helen (both of whom I was priviledged to meet that day along with probably 20 other pit diehards)
    h2ishirt1.jpg
    h2ishirt2.jpg

Holy shit that show was unreal

so do people really get to meet one another from the pit at the concerts? I have heard about the tenclub offerring members tickets but so far I am not sure how that works. can someone enlighten me please?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    It's a beautiful song.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    writersu wrote:
    so do people really get to meet one another from the pit at the concerts? I have heard about the tenclub offerring members tickets but so far I am not sure how that works. can someone enlighten me please?

YES!!! i have met some AMAZING people from here at shows. I guess its what happens in THE PIT. You make frenz then around showtime, you make plans to meet up. Either at pre-parties or just randomly exxxchange phone numbers or somn. Its really a good exxxperience.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    well I think it happens by chance a lot too. We have had some meet up, benefit parties, etc. I met a bunch of people because of that infernal shirt to be honest as I stood out like a sore thumb and a bunch of people yelled out to me(including BostonLou) Standing in line fo rhte VIC all day people were just walking around and chatting and many people just asked do you go to the message pit ever. They don't always work as no one came to my Lolla meet up -thanks for making me wait for an hour folks!

It is cool seeing a face behind the posts, even if just for a hello how ae you.

Fanclub sits people inthe center sections or places closest to the stage. It is based on your fanclub number(seniority) the lower the number the closer you are. Basically when you buy a ticket through them they have your fanclub number and start with the make-ups(lets say they fucked up or gave you priority seating for some reason) and work their way out and back.

it makes for an unreal experience, The VIC being fanclub only was so hardcore pearl jam fan it was just 10 times more exciting.
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    for some reason i like to mention this in almost every hti thread i see:

i prefer '40 shades of grey' and 'fuck tradition' in the lyrics. still, it's an amazing song regardless of which lyrics ed sings. one day i'd love to hear them do my favourite version live.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    heard this on Spotify then got me thinking about this song from the Vic show...first and only time I have heard it...beautiful song

"Things were different then, all is different now"
  • Options
    joshualukin69joshualukin69 Indy Posts: 33
    I need this live to wrap up my PJ bucket list. I bought a bootleg from a local record store that had all the B-sides I had never heard in '96. This song stood out for me.
    Deer Creek, IN Aug '98
    Deer Creek, IN Aug '00
    Deer Creek, IN June, '03
    Deer Creek, IN May, '10
    US Bank, Cincy OH, Oct '14
    Rupp Arena, Lexington KY, April '16
    Wrigley Field, Chi Ill Aug 20th
    Wrigley Field, Chi Ill Aug 22nd

I need Hard to Imagine once, live, I'll do things I'm not proud of to make this happen ;)
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Got it in Tulsa. Awesome!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    HOB Chicago 2005. The stage was full of smoke. Eddie was howling at the end with Mike ripping on the guitar. Pure Bliss. Audience request fulfilled.
  • Options
    the sign campaign worked
    1st encore montreal 1998
    then right into betterman which is the song i hoped for the most.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    I've been lucky enough to get it twice as an opener. DC in 08 and Chicago in 09. Such a perfect song.
  • Options
    One of the more underrated openers. Saw it twice as an opener at MSG and Mansfield, MA in 08.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

I've been lucky enough to get it twice as an opener. DC in 08 and Chicago in 09. Such a perfect song.

Got that opener in DC, then got it in the two-spot in Baltimore '13.
  • Options
    Philly, '05. Halfway through the first encore of an amazing show...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 518
    Hard to Imagine > Release

(Ducks from tomatoes being thrown)
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    No tomatoes from me...two amazing songs.....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    DM282158 said:

Can't go wrong with either song and been fortunate to hear both... when they opened with Release Wrigley 2013 it made the mother of my child cry since that song has special meaning to her (that and she was pregnant lol)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    DM282158 said:

Both great songs, but I agree. HTI is second only to In Hiding, in my book.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

Got that opener in DC, then got it in the two-spot in Baltimore '13.
    That 08 show in DC was so fucking good! The show that turned me from being a big PJ fan into a hardcore PJ fan. HTI, I Got Shit, Sad, Come Back (best version) and my first time hearing Black live. Not to mention All Along the Watchtower....such a great show. Will always be one of my favorites.