Options

the c-side bbs

freealcibiadesfreealcibiades Posts: 365
edited February 2008 in The Porch
you know, in a way im happy i slept through the online rush for tickets to ed's shows in april. sounds like a lot of people not only got the shaft, but the balls as well.

while i think the tenclub can't be blamed for the software they use to sell tickets online, it's a bit ridiculous that tickets are still showing up as available on the site when they are clearly sold out.

i will say though that the tenclub is a smart organization that cares for its fans and they will - no doubt - make every effort that is within their control to fix the situation.

where was i going with this? oh right - gremmie.net has a bbs! because yeah, the intarwebs needed one more pearl jam forum. please head on over and sign up - i just started a thread about pearl jam ticket policies!

http://www.gremmie.net
member number: 198,xxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    you know, in a way im happy i slept through the online rush for tickets to ed's shows in april. sounds like a lot of people not only got the shaft, but the balls as well.

while i think the tenclub can't be blamed for the software they use to sell tickets online, it's a bit ridiculous that tickets are still showing up as available on the site when they are clearly sold out.

i will say though that the tenclub is a smart organization that cares for its fans and they will - no doubt - make every effort that is within their control to fix the situation.

where was i going with this? oh right - gremmie.net has a bbs! because yeah, the intarwebs needed one more pearl jam forum. please head on over and sign up - i just started a thread about pearl jam ticket policies!

http://www.gremmie.net

umm, how can the 10c NOT be blamed for the software they use to sell tickets online. they choose to use said software, and everytime they sell something now, it turns into a mess.

i didnt even try for tickets, i live in ohio. but i feel for the people who got smacked here. i love the 10c and all they do for us. but this is getting out of hand. something must be done.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    well you can't blame the tenclub for the ticket system they use because they didn't create and therefore dont have as much control over as something that was developed internally. clearly the tenclub is not in the business of developing software.

im sure they chose what they thought was the most suitable ticket system for their needs. now, as every one knows this ticket system has a habit of breaking down during these types of rushes, but it's unlikely they have any real control over this.

so they can either do one of two things. 1) deal with the aftermath as best they can (making sure members get their money back for tickets they didnt actually purchase) or 2) purchase a ticket system to handle this volume of customers.

perhaps investing in a new system isnt in the tenclub's budget. moreover, maybe it's not worth upgrading their system and it's easier for the, to deal with a handful of angry fans than spend money on a better ticketing system.